Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm announcing my retirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm announcing my retirement.

MidichIorian
07.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #1
As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= free kill".
It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1
Example 2

[/QQ]

Foenixz
07.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #2
<rolleyes>

spec madness and all will be good again
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #3
Perhaps your Midichlorian count wasn't high enough?

DarkSaberMaster
07.26.2012 , 11:34 AM | #4
I guess we wouldn't be seeing this thread and your view would be the complete opposite if Sorcerers were still the king of the mountain, huh?
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

DarthOvertone
07.26.2012 , 11:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper.

Example 1
Example 2
Uh...dude, there are only 2 Maras in both of your screenshots and one didn't even appear to try in the first match. lol

And the way you state your QQ mara/pt/sniper, you realize that's essentially 3/4 classes available in the game. So what? People should only roll Sorcs/Sages? lol

Seriously, what you are saying is so QQ clouded it just doesn't make sense.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Rippeh
07.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #6
why the hell did it take you so long? i abandoned my commando for a powertechas soon as i saw the first post-1.2 balance changes and it was just 10% increase to a bunch of gunslinger skills. PVP has always been an afterthought and waiting it out instead of rerolling or quitting is always a poor decision.

Rogoo
07.26.2012 , 11:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".
It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1
Example 2

[/QQ]
This is nothing but QQ.

Play another classes. See how very surviveable (not) you are as a sniper.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

BTW, Sorcs totally anihilate snipers dude.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Meanerr
07.26.2012 , 11:41 AM | #8
Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

Not like the 8 times you died was an exuberant number either (low was 4, high was 17!).

In the second match, it looks like you played the same 4-man premade again but lost a close 4-6 Voidstar.

So what's the complaint again? That there's only 4 classes on each side in the game and that there's a good random possibility that you will face many of the same class in 8-man unranked warzones?
==========================================+
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.
==========================================+

chadicus
07.26.2012 , 11:42 AM | #9
While I don't think anyone takes your "retirement" announcement as anything other than QQ; I too am growing tired of seeing 4-5 PT/vanguards in almost every warzone. The problem with patch 1.2-1.3 is that the hardest classes to play in pvp also tend to be the weakest. PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most. Pretty sad that a tick of combustive gas cylinder hits me for 1200 damage (I have 1332 exp) and my backstab non-crit hits someone for around the same pretty frequently.

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 11:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most.
I sometimes enjoy embellishing facts, especially in video games to display my rage.