Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial huttball advantage due to crate on republic side's pit.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imperial huttball advantage due to crate on republic side's pit.

Order-Sixty-Six
07.26.2012 , 07:24 AM | #1
So instead of crossing firepits I've noticed imps (physics mainly) starting to jump into the crate located in frogdog's pit and wait for others to get to the endzone for a pass. This makes it slightly more difficult for republic to kill their ball carrier.

As a republic ball carrier I get no such advantage, and run the ball without getting places to hide from the 5 people following me.

Just remove the crate, or add one to their side that I can hop into as well. It's kind of cheap and it's difficult enough with every imp rolling a powertech or sorc.
Warlord Icuii Isa'Baddie of The Shadowlands.
Shadow | ( 27 0 14 )
Retired, PvP Veteran Status yea? May check back in on swtor when f2p hits or something, idk.

KennethHoover
07.26.2012 , 07:55 AM | #2
I honestly haven't noticed this but I will take a look next time.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

FalcoLombardi
07.26.2012 , 07:55 AM | #3
There is no Empire side or Republic side in Huttball. However, you make a good point. I've had it happen once where are ball carrier got knocked in there and couldn't pass to anyone and was easily killed. Should be on both sides or removed
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

anwg
07.26.2012 , 08:28 AM | #4
There sort is, in Imp vs Pub, Imps are always Rotworm, Pubs always Frogdog.

Mayeh
07.26.2012 , 09:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
There sort is, in Imp vs Pub, Imps are always Rotworm, Pubs always Frogdog.
Yeah gotta love the "Random Draw"

kamikrazy
07.26.2012 , 10:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
So instead of crossing firepits I've noticed imps (physics mainly) starting to jump into the crate located in frogdog's pit and wait for others to get to the endzone for a pass. This makes it slightly more difficult for republic to kill their ball carrier.

As a republic ball carrier I get no such advantage, and run the ball without getting places to hide from the 5 people following me.

Just remove the crate, or add one to their side that I can hop into as well. It's kind of cheap and it's difficult enough with every imp rolling a powertech or sorc.
I know who you're talking about...

Come to think of it, I never actually stopped and realized that the crate was non-existent in the rotworm pit. Meanwhile, people that are in the pit cannot pull that person back into the pit because they're well out of LoS.

Ybini
07.26.2012 , 11:08 AM | #7
lol.. nerf the crate!

Foenixz
07.26.2012 , 11:35 AM | #8
Crate boss ftw !?!?!?!?!?!?
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Krackerkat
07.27.2012 , 02:20 PM | #9
LOL... All i know is I have been knocked into that crate from the top and couldn't get out and killed almost instantly. So, instead of calling out a group of players (just cuz you get stomped by them every time), try focusing the target and kill them. It's just that easy. Oh wait... Look who I'm talking to... Sorry.
THE NEPHILIM LEGACY
AERONOX-50-Assassin AERONIX-50-Marauder
AERONEX-50-Operative AERONAX-Powertech

criminalheretic
07.27.2012 , 02:24 PM | #10
How embarrassing, I have been knocked into that crate/sumpster thing like 73 times, and never noticed it was only on the Frogdog side. But yeah, the field should be symmetrical.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger