Most In-Demand Republic Class for Raids

Smokt

Hi,

I am thinking of rolling a republic character and was hoping for some advice. Basically I am trying to determine which advanced classes are most in demand for raiding?

As I understand it tanks are very in demand for HM FPs but not so much for raiding. There seems to be a good amount of healers but a shortage of ranger DPS. Would the following AC demand priority be accurate?

Most in Demand

Gunslinger

Commando

Sage

Shadow

Vanguard

Guardian

Sentinal

Scoundrel

Hi,

I am thinking of rolling a republic character and was hoping for some advice. Basically I am trying to determine which advanced classes are most in demand for raiding?

As I understand it tanks are very in demand for HM FPs but not so much for raiding. There seems to be a good amount of healers but a shortage of ranger DPS. Would the following AC demand priority be accurate?

Most in Demand

Gunslinger

Commando

Sage

Shadow

Vanguard

Guardian

Sentinal

Scoundrel

Before I could have said what class was truly in demand, but these days, no class is particularly in demand.

Raiding, you almost always want a Sentinel. On top of bringing massive amounts of DPS, Inspiration and Zen healing really assist the overall raid as well. My second pick would be Gunslinger for also bringing a large amount of DPS as well as their damage reduction Raid Shield.

I'd probably rank it as such:

Sentinel (high dps, utility, inspiration)

Gunslinger (high dps, aoe shield, ranged)

Shadow (high-ish dps, strong burst, off-taunt + resilience, stealth + CC)

Sage (high-ish dps, bubbles, rescue, ranged, CC)

Commando (high-ish dps, defense reduction, ranged, CC)

Vanguard (high dps, off-taunt)

Scoundrel (high burst dps, average sustained dps, stealth + CC, capable of two CCs sometimes)

Guardian (probably the most average dps, off-taunt, armor debuff)

I really, really like Guardian DPS myself personally, but I sadly have to admit they bring absolutely nothing to the table that can't be performed by another more prevalent class, or better by most other classes. If I were building a raid and picking dps, I would go by the above preference list, though some spots are inter-changable at times (sometimes I would rank Commando a bit lower since Vanguard DPS is generally higher).

I wouldn't worry too much. By the time you get to raid on a new character the class in demand will probably have changed or something happened to make your class not all it once was. Rolling for most in demand is a dangerous path, pick something you enjoy and if you end up being FOTM for a while then great, otherwise at least you enjoy playing your class and can be content with just having fun.

Guardian tanks and dps may not be the most sought after, but I guarantee you people will want you around as a skilled guardian who knows tactics rather than a clueless player who just rolled a class because they thought it was easy-mode :)

Judging from my own experience, Tanks are in ridiculous quantities. I've never seen so many people want to tank in any MMO. We have 6 in our guild alone.

The problem with this is regardless of if you do 8 man or 16 man content, you only need 2. If you have an abundance of tanks, it is sometimes easier to run multiple 8 mans or convince a few of them to roll dps. In my experience, it's probably better to have your excess Vanguards and Shadows as DPS if they wouldn't mind over the Guardians who have less place as DPS, but at the same time, I think you don't want the same type of tanks as both tanks.

Healers on the other hand... Healers seem to be really rare. In WZs, it's a rare blessing to even get one on my random team. In our Ops, we have exactly 4, and we abuse them like crazy. Generally speaking, even tanks end up waiting for those rare Healers to queue for PUG LFG Queue.

If you still haven't decided on a class... I would roll a Sage as the above poster suggested. It's ranged dps and can heal. But more importantly, it's dummy healing... it's by and far the easiest healer to play in the game if you have to, and to make it even better, it's probably the strongest overall raid healer in the game as well doing all aspects of healing very well. If you don't need to heal, it's still a very faceroll dps ranged class with tons of utility. It's also ridiculously easy to level.

Edited by Toogeloo

It does pretty much run in cycles, my guild had a shortage of healers a couple of months back, a few of us levelled healers, now we have a shortage of tanks although that has eased with some recruitment.

From what I've seen, class in secondary to knowing the fight mechanics, player skill and gear.