Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

JavelinCatcher
07.25.2012 , 06:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post

Note: only certain classes are able to reverse certain components. Artifice can reverse Enhancements and Hilts. Cybertech can reverse Armorings, Modifications and Barrels.
Shouldn't this be that ARMSTECH can RE Barrels?

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 06:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JavelinCatcher View Post
Shouldn't this be that ARMSTECH can RE Barrels?
Yessir, that was my mistake. Correcting it now.
Vent Rage [vR]

parmie
07.25.2012 , 07:23 AM | #13
So just looking at the update on the artifice offhands, if I take the answer is yes, then they aren't shells and are similar to earpieces and implants.

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 08:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by parmie View Post
So just looking at the update on the artifice offhands, if I take the answer is yes, then they aren't shells and are similar to earpieces and implants.
The foci and generators are fully filled with stats and identical to the ones bought from the vendor. The sabers will contain only an Orange +41 stat crystal (the hilt, mod, and enhancement slots will be empty).
Vent Rage [vR]

dipstik
07.25.2012 , 02:32 PM | #15
can you reverse engineer black hole foci?

JonathanCP
07.25.2012 , 02:37 PM | #16
Well, too bad for armormechs for being able to craft "useless" shells only
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 03:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
can you reverse engineer black hole foci?

Yes, artificers can reverse BH foci + generators for a schematic.

Quote: Originally Posted by JonathanCP View Post
Well, too bad for armormechs for being able to craft "useless" shells only
Yeah that kinda sucks. You guys make up for it though, with augments and the most efficient means of crafting augment kits!
Vent Rage [vR]

Fortunefive
07.25.2012 , 05:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
So questions about endgame reversing seem to get asked 2-3 times a week here. This list should cover all possible questions about which endgame mods can be reversed

Endgame mod Reversing guide:
All armorings, enchancements, modifications, shells, etc for levels 23-25 CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic (NOTE though, that BoP schematics for level 24 & 25 item components drop from trash mobs in Hard Mode operations)
All armorings, enchancements, modifications, etc removed from a PvP shell (I.e. BM/WH mods with expertise) CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic

SOME level 26 item components CAN be reversed for a schematic:
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts pulled from BH/CP shells CAN be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings pulled from BH/CP shells CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic

Note: only certain classes are able to reverse certain components. Artifice can reverse Enhancements and Hilts. Cybertech can reverse Armorings and Modifications. Armstech can reverse Barrels.

Armor and Weapon shells, as well as Implants, Earpieces, and Relics can be reverse engineered as well:
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Lightsabers can be reversed for a shell schematic by Artificers
  • Offhand Campaign Foci & Shield/Power Generators can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Campaign Relics can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Blasters can be reversed for a shell schematic by Armstech
  • Black Hole & Campaign armor shells for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for a shell schematics by Armormech
  • Black Hole & Campaign armor shells for Force User classes can be reversed for a shell schematics by Synthweaving
  • Black Hole Implants (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Biochem
  • Black Hole Earpieces (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Cybertech

Note that reversing a BH/CP shell will provide a schematic for an empty, orange shell.

When in doubt, just check to see if the item has a chance to return a schematic on the mouseover text. Hope that helps, if I screwed anything up, let me know =D
So exactly Which BH armor shells can you RE for an orange Schematic? I was under the impression that it was only the Campaign gear you could RE for a schematic. And on that note, I have reverse engineered two separate Bounty Hunter MK-1 gloves from the vendor and it states on the item "no reverse engineering information available" and also gave me a couple units of DESH.

So unless this is purely a BUG, you have false information on this aspect, and Shame on the Dev/mod who haphazardly linked this post containing false info in the weekly thread roundup.

Goldenstar
07.26.2012 , 03:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fortunefive View Post
So exactly Which BH armor shells can you RE for an orange Schematic? I was under the impression that it was only the Campaign gear you could RE for a schematic. And on that note, I have reverse engineered two separate Bounty Hunter MK-1 gloves from the vendor and it states on the item "no reverse engineering information available" and also gave me a couple units of DESH.

So unless this is purely a BUG, you have false information on this aspect, and Shame on the Dev/mod who haphazardly linked this post containing false info in the weekly thread roundup.
That was a copy/paste error on my part. Thanks for pointing it out, I've corrected it in the main post.
Vent Rage [vR]

Soltrooper
07.26.2012 , 04:06 AM | #20
What about Bracers/Belts? Are they empty shells or the actual item (as they are pieces with no mods)