Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova Overfilled (Lag)

Rogean
07.13.2012 , 09:22 AM | #1
Since the server merges we have been having consistent problems with lag in Denova during prime time raiding, including mechanics going wonky in the fights or just not occuring, and abilities not going off at all yet still costing a GCD.

To elaborate, I have seen on multiple occasions, during the berserk phase of Toth and Zorn, the yellow circle will "Jump" to another player seconds before it turns purple. This results in the rock missing and an automatic wipe.

As far as ability lag, I play a Combat Sentinel and many of my abilities require timing for maximum damage. As a quick example, If I use a Precision Slash I have 4.5 seconds to do the most damage that I can. I'll be chaining abilities and sometimes my character will start to do the animation, the GCD will go off, yet the animation doesn't finish and there's no damage. I lose the GCD and by the time I hit it again I've lost the armor penetration. This is potentially 3-5k damage lost every time it happens (and it's happening often), in addition to the time/dps loss from missing it to begin with.

Ultimately what appears to be the issue is that there is simply too many people in Denova. In our instance of Denova I can usually see 50-60+ people, and that only includes Republic players. If the instances contain both factions (Which I assume they can), that means the same server could be running instances for over 100 players. For a zone like Denova where there are tons of mechanics and scripts going on, it is too much for one server to handle.

You guys have all this extra hardware laying around from old servers that aren't being used, there is absolutely no reason you need to cram 100+ people onto the same instance server when there can only ever be 16 of them able to physically see eachother. This needs to be limited to 3-4 raids per instance. Hell, give every raid their own instance server if you have the hardware, in my opinion. Either way though, the lag is noticable and it's causing a lot of frustration for many people in my guild who only spend most of their time playing this game to raid. It's demotivating and will cause people to quit.

This is on The Shadowlands server.

Samoth_Nomad
07.13.2012 , 11:34 PM | #2
It's bad on Drooga's as well. The server lag is making Denova and certain parts of HM/NiM KP unbearable.

Jinxblog
07.14.2012 , 09:42 AM | #3
The more pressing problem isn't loss of potential DPS but not being able to do the mechanics correctly (since you can survive a number of seconds of enrage), like, the yellow and red circles, interrupts on the minefield, disarming mines, etc. I have no idea what their plan to address this is (I don't want queues for Operations) but I can only imagine the disaster waiting if nothing is done before a new Operation is released.

There were over 100 Republic players in Denova 2 nights ago on a PvP server. My sentiments go out to the PvE servers. :/
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Samoth_Nomad
07.14.2012 , 04:19 PM | #4
^exactly. The delay of AoE reticles is really bad. It really messes with mechanics when a player moves out of a reticle, only to then take the AoE damage due to server lag. Please address this issue BW. It is server side, so please don't send me another CS ticket asking about my connection.

Nyshea
07.25.2012 , 09:15 PM | #5
The same is happening for both of my teams on Harbringer. Lag to the point where you can run all over the map and never see anyone else move, then wake up dead 10 sec later because you got hit by all the mechanics that you can't see. This isn't issues with my connection, this isn't issues with my system, this isn't issues with my raid member's connections or system. This is most certainly an issue from Bioware and its getting old. To the point I've canceled the raid an hour early because we cannot make headway no matter how perfect we run things.

Bioware, please fix your systems.
FIRE =/= BUFF!