Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pointers on Kephess HM

ElitehunterDS
07.24.2012 , 12:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zeshakha View Post
As to your healer dieing near the start.. only thing I can say there is to throw a bubble on anyone not at full health when the bombadier is about to come out. They have a tendency to hurt.
They can be stunned so rolling out 3-4 stun in a row should negate everything he does.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

wetslampigduex
07.24.2012 , 12:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sphyg View Post
It didn't occur to me to try an cleanse the dot. Is it cleanse able from a sage or sorcerer? Yea it works where we were standing as well (los) we just have to be pressed up agains the wall so he doesnt pull us over it. Tank positioned a little to far during that stage so I had poor position for the pull. At 62% I bubbled heals and tanks just for good measure and fortunately I did or commandon't would have died there.

No it cant be cleansed, it is something the tanks themselves do b4 it is applied

The shadow has an ability to take no tech/force dmg for like 3-5 seconds(its called force shroud on the Imp side not sure about the Pubs)

wetslampigduex
07.24.2012 , 12:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
They can be stunned so rolling out 3-4 stun in a row should negate everything he does.
they can also be taunted by the tank.. i think the reason he died is kephess sniped him.. our merc healer always puts it kolto shell(or w/e its called he calls is poop shield) on himself b/c he kept dying at the same place every attempt

Bonesmello
07.24.2012 , 12:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
they can also be taunted by the tank.. i think the reason he died is kephess sniped him.. our merc healer always puts it kolto shell(or w/e its called he calls is poop shield) on himself b/c he kept dying at the same place every attempt
I usually run out to the center as the group is finishing off last add in whatever phase and throw an electrocute (ranged stun) on the bomber as he spawns. Someone usually takes a hit anyway but we have enough time to heal through it between that and force chokes.
Zoo'phobia - Sorc Healer <Remarkable Circumference> of The Shadowlands
Knocked his head clean off.
<Remarkable Circumference> is recruiting for 16 man content. PM me for info.

sphyg
07.24.2012 , 01:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by zeshakha View Post
Looks good for the most part. You messed up the last taunt which is why Heizenberg was killed (taunted after he put touch on the tank, but before he cast breath so Kephess turned around and one hit him) but at that point he was already dead so it worked out.

As to your healer dieing near the start.. only thing I can say there is to throw a bubble on anyone not at full health when the bombadier is about to come out. They have a tendency to hurt.

Looked pretty good to me.
Could you expan on the taunt a little more. He taunts before breath I fully castes correct?

CitizenFry
07.24.2012 , 01:38 PM | #16
if you go another 10 meters to your left behind the wall(LOS) when he sucks you guys in you wont get pulled to him
That's cute, I might have our guild try that.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

KarethRiker
07.24.2012 , 04:27 PM | #17
Thanks for the great feedback, ya'll. I think the Force Shroud equivalent is Resilience for shadows, so we'll add that in.

Hopefully we'll continue to tweak things a bit. Now we just need some luck on RE'ing some hilts and armorings

wetslampigduex
07.25.2012 , 08:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sphyg View Post

It didn't occur to me to try an cleanse the dot. Is it cleanse able from a sage or sorcerer? Yea it works where we were standing as well (los) we just have to be pressed up agains the wall so he doesnt pull us over it. Tank positioned a little to far during that stage so I had poor position for the pull. At 62% I bubbled heals and tanks just for good measure and fortunately I did or commandon't would have died there.

Edit: love your music. It cracked me up! Doing this intense fight (for us anyways) to elevator music!

Love it
i thought i posted this once but i dont see it now .... you can not cleanse the dot the tank can stop it from being applied by using an ability he has(force shroud for shadow and saber ward for the guardian(those are Imp terms not sure what they are called on Pub side))

sphyg
07.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #19
i thought i posted this once but i dont see it now .... you can not cleanse the dot the tank can stop it from being applied by using an ability he has(force shroud for shadow and saber ward for the guardian(those are Imp terms not sure what they are called on Pub side))
Post #13. 😉