Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

Goldenstar
07.24.2012 , 06:24 AM | #1
So questions about endgame reversing seem to get asked 2-3 times a week here. This list should cover all possible questions about which endgame mods can be reversed

Endgame mod Reversing guide:
All armorings, enchancements, modifications, shells, etc for levels 23-25 CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic (NOTE though, that BoP schematics for level 24 & 25 item components drop from trash mobs in Hard Mode operations)
All armorings, enchancements, modifications, etc removed from a PvP shell (I.e. BM/WH mods with expertise) CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic

SOME level 26 item components CAN be reversed for a schematic:
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts pulled from BH/CP shells CAN be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings pulled from BH/CP shells CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic

Note: only certain classes are able to reverse certain components. Artifice can reverse Enhancements and Hilts. Cybertech can reverse Armorings and Modifications. Armstech can reverse Barrels.

Armor and Weapon shells, as well as Implants, Earpieces, and Relics can be reverse engineered as well:
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Lightsabers can be reversed for a shell schematic by Artificers
  • Offhand Campaign Foci & Shield/Power Generators can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Campaign Relics can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Blasters can be reversed for a shell schematic by Armstech
  • Campaign armor shells for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for shell schematics by Armormech
  • Campaign belts/bracers for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for full-stat, purple schematics by Armormech
  • Campaign armor shells for Force User classes can be reversed for shell schematics by Synthweaving
  • Campaign belts/bracers for Force User classes can be reversed for full-stat, purple schematics by Synthweaving
  • Black Hole Implants (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Biochem
  • Black Hole Earpieces (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Cybertech

Note that reversing a Campaign shell will provide a schematic for an empty, orange shell. MH/OH weapon schematics will contain a +41 stat crystal and no other mods.

When in doubt, just check to see if the item has a chance to return a schematic on the mouseover text. Hope that helps, if I screwed anything up, let me know =D
Vent Rage [vR]

Ryanbeast
07.24.2012 , 07:51 AM | #2
Nice post!

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 01:13 AM | #3
Edited to include infro about relics/implants/earpieces.
Vent Rage [vR]

STARWOLFSWE
07.25.2012 , 01:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
Edited to include infro about relics/implants/earpieces.
Nice work. From one endgame crafter to another how much have you accually got the scematics for? or you just know stuff?

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 02:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by STARWOLFSWE View Post
Nice work. From one endgame crafter to another how much have you accually got the scematics for? or you just know stuff?
At the moment I have schematics for three enhancements: 27/57/41 End/Acc/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Surg/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Acc/Crit
And two Modifications: 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Power and 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Crit

Next I'll be working on Aim (then Willpower) mods and potentially a few Alacrity enhancements for when I finish my lowbie healer. Once I get back to the states in 3 weeks (been overseas for the last year) I'll be able to get going with one of my guild's progression groups and will hopefully be able to pick up a few armoring schematics.

Trust me, they're WELL worth the investment. I can get guildies from fresh to all BH gear minus armorings in a few days now (been stockpiling grade 8 mats for LONG time =P) and when I've got surplus, the enhancements sell VERY quicklly at 600-750k apiece =D
Vent Rage [vR]

STARWOLFSWE
07.25.2012 , 02:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
At the moment I have schematics for three enhancements: 27/57/41 End/Acc/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Surg/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Acc/Crit
And two Modifications: 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Power and 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Crit

Next I'll be working on Aim (then Willpower) mods and potentially a few Alacrity enhancements for when I finish my lowbie healer. Once I get back to the states in 3 weeks (been overseas for the last year) I'll be able to get going with one of my guild's progression groups and will hopefully be able to pick up a few armoring schematics.

Trust me, they're WELL worth the investment. I can get guildies from fresh to all BH gear minus armorings in a few days now (been stockpiling grade 8 mats for LONG time =P) and when I've got surplus, the enhancements sell VERY quicklly at 600-750k apiece =D
Im working in that direction to. I have 2 enhancements and 2 mods for warrior tanks and dps. And the Elusive mod sells easily for 750k. The grade 8 materials is a bit expensive still thou.. Thinkin about starting to do space missions. U know how often and how many Stabilizers drops from the chests?

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 03:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by STARWOLFSWE View Post
Im working in that direction to. I have 2 enhancements and 2 mods for warrior tanks and dps. And the Elusive mod sells easily for 750k. The grade 8 materials is a bit expensive still thou.. Thinkin about starting to do space missions. U know how often and how many Stabilizers drops from the chests?
I'm not sure about how many drop from each box but Dulfy wrote up a short guide: http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2...missions.shtml

Looks like you can make 100 fleet comms per day by doing all the missions, so that means one grade 8 box every 2 days which is pretty sick.

EDIT: Accoridng to Torhead, you can get 2 molec stabilizers per box (http://www.torhead.com/item/4LWjSE/g...g-material-box) and I'm assuming you'll get more stabilizers and/or Synthetic Energy Matrices if you crit the box. Gonna have to start running more space dailies I think =D
Vent Rage [vR]

parmie
07.25.2012 , 06:02 AM | #8
Good advice, my suggestion and question

Add a line in about Armstechs, Synthweavers and Armormechs being able to RE items but they only get the empty shell.

Can an artificer learn the schematics for BH/campaign offhand wieldables? focus, shields and the like

joeypesci
07.25.2012 , 06:16 AM | #9
What about all the people I see saying they sell augmented Battlemaster gear? I've got the Battlemaster schematic but how would I get that to be augmented every time it's crafted, like they seem to claim they do?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goldenstar
07.25.2012 , 06:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by parmie View Post
Good advice, my suggestion and question

Add a line in about Armstechs, Synthweavers and Armormechs being able to RE items but they only get the empty shell.

Can an artificer learn the schematics for BH/campaign offhand wieldables? focus, shields and the like
Added information about reversing mainhand/offhand/armor shells =D

Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
What about all the people I see saying they sell augmented Battlemaster gear? I've got the Battlemaster schematic but how would I get that to be augmented every time it's crafted, like they seem to claim they do?
So, crafting BM/WH shells has nothing to do with reversing. The schematics can be purchased from a PvP vendor for 50,000 credits per set. When crafting an orange BM shell you have a certain percentage to have a critical craft which will result in an augmented shell. The critical chance is determined by inherent companion bonuses, companion affection, and legacy buffs. Additionally, ANY piece of crafted armor can be upgraded to have an augment slot at an augment table, provided that you have an appropriate augment kit. Here's a guide on how the augment process works for a more detailed explanation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=509963
Vent Rage [vR]