Customizing UI for healing

Thoniei

I just started playing recently and have been enjoying healing as a sage. I'm looking for some suggestions on customizing my UI. The default settings for group members are terrible for healers. I don't want to see a picture of their avatar, I want to see health bars!

I saw the option to use operation frames for groups. This helped a lot. It got rid of the avatars and gave me sliders to adjust the health bar size. The only problem is now I can't see the buff and status affect icons. They are there but they're tiny. Is there anyway to make them bigger? If not what UI do others use? If other experienced healers could give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

I just started playing recently and have been enjoying healing as a sage. I'm looking for some suggestions on customizing my UI. The default settings for group members are terrible for healers. I don't want to see a picture of their avatar, I want to see health bars!

I saw the option to use operation frames for groups. This helped a lot. It got rid of the avatars and gave me sliders to adjust the health bar size. The only problem is now I can't see the buff and status affect icons. They are there but they're tiny. Is there anyway to make them bigger? If not what UI do others use? If other experienced healers could give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

If you go to UI customization mode you can independently adjust the size of UI elements... that might help. Make your operation frame larger to compensate for the small buffs. I'm not totally sure it will make them bigger, but it's worth trying.

If you google SWTOR UI you'll find a lot of UI xml files you can download. I started with one of those and tweeked it to meet my needs. It's much qucker than starting from scratch. I use a middle screen UI with the minimap dead center bottom, with two banks of hot keys on either side and the target windows above them. It centralizes your field of view and alllows you to see everything that is happening. I changed the hotkey areas to resemble the G-key banks of my gaming keyboard. Much more intuitive.

http://www.swtorui.net/

Edited by Owsley

If you google SWTOR UI you'll find a lot of UI xml files you can download. I started with one of those and tweeked it to meet my needs. It's much qucker than starting from scratch. I use a middle screen UI with the minimap dead center bottom, with two banks of hot keys on either side and the target windows above them. It centralizes your field of view and alllows you to see everything that is happening. I changed the hotkey areas to resemble the G-key banks of my gaming keyboard. Much more intuitive.

http://www.swtorui.net/

Thanks Owsley, been wondering about that myself