Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Searching for Ops Guild

rverghes
07.21.2012 , 11:24 AM | #1
I restarted playing SWTOR, and I'm thinking about getting into Operations. However, I'm running into a bit of a wall when it comes to finding a guild.

In WoW, I would go to the official server forums or the recruiting forums and look at the recruiting threads, trying to find a guild which had good raid times for me and was recruiting my class.

However, SWTOR doesn't seem to do this, at least I have not been able to find any recruitment threads for my server. Is there some other site where I should be looking? Or should I just advertise in general chat? Ask people I run Flashpoints with in the Group Finder?

Like, what's the normal way decent guilds recruit in SWTOR? I'm not looking for anything on the edge, a guild just starting out in Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace would suit me just fine.
Recruiting Officer - Twisted Legends
MMO Blog - Blessing of Kings

KBSIP
07.21.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
you server transferred, or will be forced to soon. your general chat should have a fair amount of recruiters, and getting into starting EV/KP is easy with the G finder if you're a tank or healer.

there are server specific forums, most people don't bother with them.

tornadodude
07.22.2012 , 12:25 PM | #3
If you transfer/transfered to The Harbringer my guild <The Enclave> not to be confused with <Enclave> does about 1 or 2 ops a week. We do KP and EV. And we also do EC every once in a while.

Fossman
07.22.2012 , 02:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rverghes View Post
I restarted playing SWTOR, and I'm thinking about getting into Operations. However, I'm running into a bit of a wall when it comes to finding a guild.

In WoW, I would go to the official server forums or the recruiting forums and look at the recruiting threads, trying to find a guild which had good raid times for me and was recruiting my class.

However, SWTOR doesn't seem to do this, at least I have not been able to find any recruitment threads for my server. Is there some other site where I should be looking? Or should I just advertise in general chat? Ask people I run Flashpoints with in the Group Finder?

Like, what's the normal way decent guilds recruit in SWTOR? I'm not looking for anything on the edge, a guild just starting out in Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace would suit me just fine.
Check your server forums. there should be a guild recruitment section where guilds post their info. You might find one that appeals to you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Capt_Beers
07.24.2012 , 03:14 PM | #5
What server are you on? If you're on the Fatman feel free to contact me in game, we haven't run many Ops but I am recruiting people so we can start doing more.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech