Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Rules/Etiquette

calleverybody
07.24.2012 , 12:28 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Residentx_NA View Post
When I'm playing this game during the flashpoints, I don't stop and look at my inventory to see what I need and don't need. I need xp not crap!! If I stop and take too long someone else will take it...this is just how it is...I grab it and sort it out at the end of the flashpoint. This interrupts the game play...the reason I'm here. I really wish they would just autoloot like COH and be done with this....
I agree, I also had the same problem yesterday. I thought that it was my loot only and not the groups loot. the tutorial doesn't mention that . I don't have the time to keep checking my character to see if its useless stuff. I want to roll through the flash point.
The Shadowlands
lv 50 Sorc lv 49 Juggernaut
Negotiations the Dark side way
http://umbraguild.guildlaunch.com/

Gidrea
07.24.2012 , 12:37 PM | #42
And on the other hand:

Don't expect for everyone to choose "greed" on every item, either. I had an Ops group last night where one person was sending me whispers after every roll complaining that so-and-so choose "need", and probably didn't, and that all people who choose "need" are $^#&^#*$^#*.

I finally kicked him.

But really... I think most people are honest about looting.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Aliddaric
07.24.2012 , 02:52 PM | #43
As a newbie to SWTOR and modern MMOs (I play DDO, but their loot system is entirely exclusive to each group member), I would like to remind people to not ASSUME that a person who is needing knows the precise accepted definitions of same.

For example, I was doing Esseles and I had assumed (logically in my mind) that the need button was for items you were intending to use and greed for items you were intending to sell. This makes sense right? Well in my mind an item I was going to use included by companion. Again, that makes intuitive sense. I need the item in the sense that I was going to equip it to my companion and actually benefit from it.

In any event, this fellow group member goes bonkers and starts accusing me of all sorts of heinous stuff. I told him I had no idea what I did wrong and eventually other group members explained. I said thank you for explaining, apologized, told them why I thought I had been doing it right, and we eventually moved on.

But my reminder to everyone is to not assume someone who breaks the ettiquete is a snert. He or she might simply be new to the game. So take the time to explain...especially if they are under 30th level (yes....,you can easily go into 20th level + without ever joining a group in SWTOR).

GalaxyStrong
07.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #44
I put this post in another LOOT thread but, I'll post it here too.

I have been playing for 2 weeks now. What I usually do is examine how the party acts on the first REAL LOOT DROP. Don't make your choice till you have seen how the other players make their choice (need or greed or dissemble) on the first REAL (valuable) drop. If the proper classes choose Need and the proper classes choose Greed then you can pretty much assume everybody is going treat looting in a respectable manner. If everybody just clicks NEED then you can pretty much assume it's a FREE-FOR-ALL and being respectable has been thrown OUT THE WINDOW so, you should always click need and screw the team (JUST DO IT, YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE). HOWEVER if only one person is being a LOOT PIRATE, you need to whisper to the other player and basically plan with the other 2 players to KICK the guy.

Every now and then people do make mistakes and click on the wrong option (it happens) but, if you notice one person in particular who keeps making the same mistake choice he is probably a LOOT PIRATE trying to pull one over on you.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN