Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dealing With Your Opposites

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dealing With Your Opposites

iamthehoyden
07.22.2012 , 08:20 PM | #1
The way our companions are set up, you have some that trend light side and some that trend dark side. Either way, you're going to have companions that are on the opposite side from your toon. How does your character deal with them?

My bounty hunter is mostly light side. She hates and despises Skadge and will be jettisoning his lardy behind A.S.A.P. Gault and her get along because
Spoiler
and he's funny. She's pretty into money so they see eye to eye there.

My trooper gets along with Vik cause they both like to blow things up, and because he actually will follow orders when it comes down to it. Plus he gets stuff done, not the best way all the time, but it gets done. 4X is a bit on the gray side, but she keeps a leash on the worst of his "kill all Imps" attitude.

My jk doesn't really get along with Rusk. She tolerates him and lets him stand in her ship where he can't get anyone killed. I guess him and Doc are both more on the gray side really. Doc...she can work with but
Spoiler
And the real reason I made this thread :P ...Scourge. Even though my jk is hugely light (even without diplomacy keeping her all shiny and pure) she gets along with Scourge because there's mutual respect there. He makes her think and question stuff, challenges her and tests her, and in an odd way, makes her a better person for it.

So how do your toons deal with their opposites?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

elliotcat
07.23.2012 , 09:41 AM | #2
For my smuggler, she doesn't really have "opposites" so to speak, though she and Akaavi are on the surface very different. But once they got to where they understood each other - Akaavi knew that smuggler was being honest even when she appeared to be facetious, and smuggler knew that Akaavi's tough mannerisms came from a real place - they became good friends. Same thing with Risha.

My SI is LS - yeah yeah I know - so Khem hates her. Screw that.
Spoiler

The rest seem to mesh pretty well...

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

HellbirdIV
07.23.2012 , 10:45 AM | #3
Skadge and Torian should just get off my ship already. Skadge is a putz and Boring-an Cadera just wastes space in front of the lockers. His whole "Honor honor courage honor honor glory blabla mando'a" spiel is really pissing me off because I went out of my way to spit in the face of every Mandalorian I met in the story. That's not so much a Dark side/Light side thing as it is a thing that my character really despises Mandalorians and everything they represent.

Tuscad
07.23.2012 , 10:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Skadge and Torian should just get off my ship already. Skadge is a putz and Boring-an Cadera just wastes space in front of the lockers. His whole "Honor honor courage honor honor glory blabla mando'a" spiel is really pissing me off because I went out of my way to spit in the face of every Mandalorian I met in the story. That's not so much a Dark side/Light side thing as it is a thing that my character really despises Mandalorians and everything they represent.
Well then
Spoiler
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

lokdron
07.23.2012 , 11:13 AM | #5
BH ending spoilers

Huh?

Spoiler
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Jiating
07.23.2012 , 12:27 PM | #6
So far, ive found my opposites to be quite amusing.
Gault for instance seems to be at polar ends from my bounty hunter, in how i initially played him and how he has dealt with the various contracts.
However the more conversations i have with Gault, the more i find myself liking him and my bounty hunter getting an insight and appreciation of him.
(Yeah he is a con artist, but its not about the money so much as the thrill of doing it, and seeing how much you can get away with. Much like the thrill of the hunt)

My Jedi Knight is rather open, so he gets along with everyone with the occasional difference of opinion with Doc.(he wants to be a hero for the glory, i am a hero just because).

My inquisitor likewise seems to get along with everyone. Talos did not like it when i brushed off some imperial issues in favor of my own agenda, but our shared love for the past made up for it.

Im starting a new Agent, and it will be interesting to see how Kalilyo and I get along or not. She has anarchy listed as a postive trait. Not sure how that will work with my agent.

Ive

Charell
07.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #7
My SW is light side but that doesn't mean i get along with the light companions and hate the dark ones. me and Pierces are bros and only disagree when it comes to murder. Quinn is just annoying and i only like him for his strategy and healing. Broonmark feels more like an apprentice then jaesa is because I'm teaching him the light where as jaesa is already there. i
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

rashencyberspeed
07.23.2012 , 02:34 PM | #8
Since it is easy to see how each character gets along along with their own companions, I often think more about how characters would get along with companions from other classes.
For example, in terms of my Light-sided Jedi Knight and the Jedi Consular companions, I imagine my knight would have respect for Qyzen Fess's honor (but would have some misgivings about his attitude of killing strong opponents) and would get along famously with Nadia Grell. On the other hand, he not like Zenith at all due to his very strong hatred for the Empire and refusal to aid people in need just because they've helped the Empire at one point or another.

Kltpxyzm
07.24.2012 , 01:04 PM | #9
My main toon is a bounty hunter that I always imagined as a family man. The kind of kid who was a military brat who wanted to go fight in the big war with daddy, but mommy didn't approve and daddy was "conveniently" shipped to the front lines for one reason or another *alien*.

To be fair, my bounty hunter is pretty easy going so long as he's not provoked. If you're good to him he's good to you, and if you're not he doesn't care as long as you don't cause problems.

Gault - Disapproves of his methods, but trusts that he isn't stupid and won't do anything especially harmful or get them arrested.

Torian - Is more a man of family and doing what's right rather than honor and duty for the glory of Mandalore. However, those both usually entail the same things, so they get along alright.

Blizz - I love Blizz.

and, to be expected.

Skadge - skip to 9:55. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cxgWrmW2qY

iamthehoyden
07.24.2012 , 02:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kltpxyzm View Post
I SOOO approve!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box