Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

server lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CtrlAltDeFeaT
07.23.2012 , 05:43 PM | #1
i just started playing again and when i sign onto my accout there is horrible server lag. it will go from no bars to 4 bars in a matter of seconds, but it mostly stays at 0 bars. i thought it might be a problem with the server so i switched to the fatman server, had to change my name which i was really mad about, but i was still having the same problem and no one else seemed to have the same problem. and now i cant even load the server page so i cant get on at all. plz help me out, thanks

Sutii
07.23.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello CtrlAltDeFeaT,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues, although you may have tried some of them already, could you please run through the steps in the following spoiler:

Spoiler
Please let us know how you get on, and if you need any clarification on the steps provided.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Metalmac
07.25.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3
What is the problem when the ENTIRE Operations of 8 people from all over the USA and Canada get lag all at the same time?
Is the problem our ISP as we all use different ones?

Sutii
07.26.2012 , 12:39 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Metalmac,

I can understand your frustration with this issue, and would like to direct you to the below quoted post I made in the following thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=510094
If you would kindly run through those instructions, as well as advising any others you are aware of experiencing this to do the same, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello again everyone,

Apologies for the delay in replying. To re-iterate what I have said before, please do run through the steps provided and should the issue persist provide us with the requested information, I've included all steps and so forth within a spoiler at the bottom of this post for ease.

By no means is this, or any other post, an effort to lay blame or fault on your machines or connections, we merely wish to identify the issue and resolve it as we want you to be in game having as much fun as possible and not frustrated by issues of this nature. I can only stress that in order to investigate this issue effectively, and successfully address it, we do require your assistance in gathering this information.

To go with the analogy I saw previously in the thread, where it is likened to requesting assistance with the repair of a car. In this situation it is more akin to a mechanic attempting to repair the vehicle remotely, requiring the driver themselves to perform all the diagnostic checks and other tests to locate any faults and their cause.

Again, please do provide the information requested as it should only take a few minutes to gather it, we fully appreciate that this issue is very frustrating, the more information we have concerning it the better.

Thank you once again for your co-operation, please see the following spoiler for the aforementioned instructions:

Spoiler
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Metalmac
07.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #5
Ok just had comcast do a full Diagnostic on my network and physically check everything.

Now for the data.

DXDIAG

Spoiler

Metalmac
07.31.2012 , 02:11 PM | #6
Launcher Log
Spoiler

Metalmac
07.31.2012 , 02:15 PM | #7
TRACEROUTE

Spoiler

The first one is before I log into SWTOR and the second is after I log into SWTOR
(Notice the speed drop at the first SWTOR game router?)

Also COMCAST BLOCKS TRACE ROUTE and PING PATH for security DOS attack reasons.

PINGPATH

Spoiler

This link fully explains the COMCAST reasons and why PING PATH and TRACEROUTE fail.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...route-command/

Metalmac
07.31.2012 , 02:19 PM | #8
This is a tool used by COMCAST called Shaper Probe Test to test a network.

ShaperProbeTest

Spoiler

So now the ball is in your court as the network speed shows that the problem is at your end and is slower then my end.
A speed test also shows that I am well within any margin to run the game normally and the slowdown is at BioWare!
(Look at the speed drop on the first game router for SWTOR to see the problems starts there.)

Metalmac
08.01.2012 , 01:17 PM | #9
I bet money that with this data it takes 5 months for BioWare to fix the stupid idea of server mergers created lag.

Clearly BioWare management has no clue how networking works or they would have planned this mess better.

Again everyone look at the numbers starting with the first router at BioWare SWTOR, do you see it go to 29 or more?

This means the slowdown is at BioWare end as all my other numbers are below 12ms, only when it gets to BioWare end do the numbers go up to 29 or more each hop. So clearly MOST OF MY LAG is at BioWare end.

Pangscar
08.01.2012 , 04:40 PM | #10
Yeah its clear that there is an issue with BioWares instance servers. Before the server mergers I and my guild experienced NO lag or latency issues. After the server merges with the new large populations, low and behold we get massive lag spikes during raids on a nightly basis. No I wont send in log, no I won't call my ISP. YOU BioWare play your own game, go into a EC raid at primetime and see for yourself.

To insist that the issue is on our end and ask us to do diagnostics and such is just disgraceful. Truth is you might as well make the game Fully F2p because the current state of End Game is not worth a sub fee.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.