Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

07.23.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the July 27th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on July 27th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Wednesday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

07.23.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2
When are we likely to see the "Match to Companion Chest" feature implmented? Also, are we likely to see the "Hood Up / Hood Down" toggle for Jedi robes in the forseeable future? And finally, what is the potential for incorporating our Companions into a "class" so they can use armor which is tagged for Troopers, Smugglers, Jedi, etc.? It seems rather strange that a companion like Aric Jorgen is assigned to Havoc Squad, yet can't wear armor that is designated for "Troopers".
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

07.23.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
is there any plans to rewrite character creation so you can expand/contract/rotate/ maybe reposition each individual part of the face?

that might seem liek abit much to ask...but 4 body types and 8 heads is not very good choice o.o

i myself am around 6'2" tall,and about a spindly as a japanese snow crab....and ive yet to find a body type that matches that
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012

07.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #4
I was wondering if there was a chance of us ever visitng a chiss world, they are my favorite starwars race and i would love to see more of them in the future.

07.23.2012 , 04:06 PM | #5
Can you give any details on 1.4? Will there be New Costumes?

07.23.2012 , 04:06 PM | #6
So, upon reaching level 50 as my Juggernaut, him being my first human character, i had expected humans to be included in this statement on legacy species unlocks: "if you unlock a species like Cyborg that has unique customization options per class, you open up all possible customization options for every class."
but upon entering character creation, i discovered that this was not the case, and for example, a tattooed Consular is still not an option.
so, am i missing something?
or assuming i'm not, what was the reasoning behind not including humans in this aspect of legacy?
and also, will we possibly see a human customizations unlock in the future?
i shot first

07.23.2012 , 04:09 PM | #7
When will we be able to sit in chairs? For RP players this is an important feature for us and there are an abundance of chairs yet to be touched.. Would love to have an answer on this as I expected it in the 1.3 update, the video showed different classes sitting in chairs and was sadly disappointed when allies was released.

07.23.2012 , 04:12 PM | #8
Q. Based on previous statements for PVE (where you said you didn't want certain classes effectively excluded from group content because other classes were deemed to be superior) will you be taking the same approach to PVP balance? Currently ranked WZ setups are only looking to take two DPS classes and one healing class almost exclusively.

07.23.2012 , 04:13 PM | #9
Is the Legacy system gunnna have faster exp? I have had legacy for 2 weeks and play every day and im still just barely over half way of legacy level 1.yet most legacy perks require level 5.

07.23.2012 , 04:15 PM | #10
The reasoning behind adding belts, bracers, gloves, and boots to the pool of craftable Custom (orange) schematics was stated to be that some "looks" really needed the full set to come off well. However, most of the belts, bracers, gloves, and boots added in 1.3 do not match the helmet, chestguard, and pants of their sets. Also, the new pieces often have vastly different level requirements than the old pieces
Are these discrepancies intentional? And if not, is there any timetable for fixing them?
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony