Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yndras
07.20.2012 , 03:21 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.
That's more likely a bug. I used to be able to roll through on my smuggler. Fixed now tho.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

SwordofSodan
07.20.2012 , 07:16 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Most videos I've seen showing speed hacks and other proposed hacking are either not recent or questionable at best. Just because you get results from typing in something on Google or Youtube doesn't mean it's accurate. Although... oh ****.... Repitilians (About 559,000 results - zomg) are taking over the world.... David Icke .. he said... well, there's proof! Just look for it! In all seriousness, don't accuse someone of hacking unless you can prove it and if you can't,... common sense says to keep your mouth shut and or report them. Let someone else look into it and deal with it that is able to take appropriate steps and actions. I queue for warzones daily and have not seen anything even remotely questionable in a long time and if I did, I'd follow my own advice.
I've played every advanced class in this game since launch and I know what they are capable of. I've also witnessed enough warzone cheating in my time with the game. If you haven't seen anyone hacking on your particular server whenever you play, then good for you! But why linger in these kinds of threads pestering the people who claim they have? People in this community have posted proof, ie: hack site links, videos and Google results to back up their claims. I read somewhere on these forums that a major guild was caught cheating in RWZ and openly admitted to it! So stop denying this and causing needless friction in the community because it makes you look foolish, among other things.

Some people are quick to point fingers like I said before. It's because there is a lot of cheating going on and this is starting to cause sensitivity within the SWTOR community. Pretty simple.

fyi - If anyone is in a warzone and gets accused of hacking and they know that they haven't, just ignore and move on. Don't whine like a baby in the forums about it.

bilsyw
07.21.2012 , 08:26 AM | #123
Bioware is not going to do anything about the hacks. I have reported quit a few hackers and they just say they will check into it. Rated warzones are really terrible about hacks. I am glad my 6 month subscription is almost up.

Orielensis
07.21.2012 , 03:55 PM | #124
I have experienced this horrible feeling for the first time in ranked WZs tonight.

A guild team we have played a few times and usually beat comfortably suddenly hammered us 6-1 at huttball:

Ball carriers dropping through the floor, disappearing for several seconds then a score is announced and suddenly they reappear over the goal line.

Their players managing to solo grab and carry away the ball from the respawn when there were 4-5 of our players around in total control of the situation (we thought!) - repeated cc immunity including roots.

numerous other seeming instances of teleporting.

I have raised a CS ticket of course but the whole situation is unsatisfactory. It will take them ages to look into it and I will never be told of the outcome - were we cheated or was this the luckiest collection of lag spikes in one team's favour in history? If one or more players are eventually banned or suspended that will be welcome, but in the meantime I have to queue for ranked knowing I may face this team again with the same anomalies. This being ranked I can't just leave when I see who I'm facing as that will count as a defeat.

It makes me feel like I don't want to play ranked on this server any more.
Seasons of Byss
|The Prognitor EU|
Lykourgos 55 Marauder Mel'pomene 55 Operative
Brasidas 55 Powertech

foxmob
07.21.2012 , 04:28 PM | #125
I see a lot of ppl (gunslingers/snipers?) camped on the huttball spawn point. you can target them but can't attack. what's going on with that? (no idea of it's legal or not but happens a lot)

they aren't attacking. but they seem to be able to come out of that and pick up the ball when it spawns.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

dethpanzer
07.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #126
I am not one to go around crying "cheater" or "hacker" but I must say that something fishy is going on in pvp. I cannot put my finger on it, I have no "proof" but there are certain things that just don't sit well with me when I am playing. First off I am a rage spec lvl 50 jugg, a lvl 50 sorc healer, as well as having several alts at all levels, and I have been playing since the October beta. I am not an elite pvp player by any stretch of the imagination, but I am not a horrible player either. When I play on my jugg I average about 250k damage per match and I am usually in the top 5 for damage. What I have seen recently that I find "interesting," is as follows:

knocking a single non healing character down to 10% health, with no healers around, and watching that 10% refill to 100% in between one attack.

constant cc on my toon. From the time I enter a fight I get cc'ed. Then cc'ed again, then with a full resolve bar I am cc'ed yet again. Then as I watch my health dwindle I break cc and get cc'ed yet again and then die. I have been cc'ed for 30-45 seconds straight with full resolve, which just does not seem right to me.

teleporting/disappearing characters. This might be a lag spike, however I have noticed that some characters seem to be effected by this lag constantly and it always seems to benefit them, by either getting them out of trouble or by getting them into a prime spot on the map.

characters zooming around a map. This is not as noticable as the speed hack from pre 1.2, but I see sorcs and consulars zooming around all the time as if they have force speed on unlock. I play both a sorc and a consular (shadow) and I can never hit force speed like I see some of these toons do. Just to clarify, it is not that these players are just speeding away from me, they speed away from me, up a ramp, through fire pits, get to the goal line and camp there, speeding away back and forth from attackers.

no cool down on opposing team cc's. I have seen sorcs just jolt over and over stunning someone (usually me...lol) over and over again. I have seen agents and smugglers do the same, but yet I understand that this class has multiple stuns.

going through a full rotation only to have all of my attacks absorbed. I am full bm, with wh implants and relics, with no augments yet except on the relics. I crit on my smash for 4.5-5k. Most of my attacks hit for 900-1.5k without crits. I know that a personal shield can take up to 4 or 5 hits, but I have hit someone 8-9 times with no effect. Perhaps I am not understanding the mechanics of a shield, but when I exhaust a rotation and others exhaust their rotations on the same enemy toon, with no or negligable damage taken by the enemy toon, something seems out of place. My shields cannot REPEL FIRE OF THAT MAGNITUDE, so I am assuming that others are supposed to have the same abilities, if all is fair and balanced. Again, I could be mistaken here, but it just seems off to me.

This is what I have seen in various pvp wz, both on lvl 50 and under. Do I have proof of cheating and hackers? No. Have I reported anyone for cheating or hacking? No, not without solid proof I would never accuse or report someone. I do find these things strange and out of place and I would like BW to look into it, because I have noticed that in the past month or so these incidents have been increasing dramatically, so much so that pvp is becoming more of a chore than it is fun. The difference between bm gear and wh gear is not that great, so it is not a difference between gear that is causing such a massive difference in dps and shielding. Again, I am not accusing anyone of cheating or hacking, but then again it is very suspicious. Any system made by man can be broken by man, so it is more than possible that there are cheaters out there. I would like BW to address this situation and focus more on scanning or moderating pvp matches. Perhaps a bw employee can look at or sit in on random matches, unannounced, both in ranked and unranked matches, and see the situation for themselves...almost like a referee. If they see something out of the ordinary, they can view that person's account and see if that person is cheating or using 3rd party software to alter the game. Anyway that is my 2 cents, hopefully this problem will be addressed and the problems curbed...
Balderik 55 Juggernaut Alexandra 55 Shadow
Brakis 55 Sorc Savari 55 Knight
Vettal 55 Bounty Hunter Jaryn Baric 40 Trooper
Breena 39 Sniper Brendal Ban 10 Smuggler

Evil_Santa
07.23.2012 , 10:52 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Getting back on topic, I recently discovered players using a new exploit/cheat where they are somehow able to shoot through the force fields in VS (after the 2nd doors) from the opposite side before they are actually brought down. We had killed everyone on the opposing team and they were respawning on the other side of the force field, but somehow some of them were able to shoot us through it and prevent us from lowering the shields.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm 99% sure it's an exploit, and reportable as such, but I have no idea how they are doing it.
I saw this 10min ago (and caught it on FRAPS ) and yeah it's def an exploit because it prevents the other team from lowering the shields without any way to counteract the tactic.

http://youtu.be/PeXbz8xIeGw
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

ebado
07.23.2012 , 11:15 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
I saw this 10min ago (and caught it on FRAPS ) and yeah it's def an exploit because it prevents the other team from lowering the shields without any way to counteract the tactic.

Video on private.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

Evil_Santa
07.23.2012 , 11:19 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
Video on private.
fixed, didn't want it to be searchable - changed to unlisted. Basically AOE's ontop of the wall hit people trying to get the node. I should also note that we got the wall down in the video - after I let the person doing the exploit know that they were being recorded.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

ebado
07.23.2012 , 11:20 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post

He's placing his AoE. That's not a hack or anything. Clever use of game mechanics.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion