Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Alignment Justifications (and starting point)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
[Guide] Alignment Justifications (and starting point)

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 08:32 AM | #1
Wrote these at work, figure they'll help some of you out who are having issues trying to justify your Dark Jedi or Light Sith, these are just something I came up with, feel free to use them and such (my Light Sith follows the path of The Passion). I do not know if these would technically follow canon well, but I tried to keep them pretty accurate.

=======================

Light Jedi - "The Paladin"
Peace must be preserved, and only by defeating our foes and preserving the innocent can such peace truly be obtained. When the time comes where one must choose his own life versus the life of the many, he should easily give himself up so that the path of righteousness may continue. The Paladin is the example of this, always ready to show mercy and compassion, but never letting his emotions drive his usage in the force, he is the first to stand up for the downtrodden of the galaxy and the first to sacrifice his life for his comrades.

The Paladin finds a kindred spirit in The Passion, although their differences lie in their usage of the opposing sides of the force (as the Dark Side is viewed as corrupting, and one must empty himself of emotion when wielding the force to avoid becoming such) The Void and The Ruthless are capable of being the opposite of the Paladin, as the innocent and downtrodden are usually the ones recieving the blunt end of their actions.

=======================

Dark Jedi - "The Void"
Emotions are trifling, they only weaken the strongest of all. By utilizing the light side of the force and emptying your soul of all emotion, only then can you know true balance. The Void is one with the force in ways a normal Jedi can't imagine, although to others he may seem merciless and calculating, in truth he is the epitome of emptiness. He lets not an emotion sway his decisions and in times of great crisis he is the one who can state what must be done without hesitation.

The Void is the antithesis of The Passion and The Ruthless, as he views emotion as something that interferes with his mastery of the force and clouds his judgement. He sits opposite the Paladin in some regards because in his cold actions he tends to hurt the innocent.

=======================

Light Sith - "The Passion"
The Dark Side of the force grows stronger in ones emotions, for most Sith the emotions of anger, fear, and wrath are the stronger, and they will channel these into their abilities. The Passion channels a different subset of emotions to fuel his dark side of the force, courage, love, and mercy. Although considered lesser fuel sources for the dark side due to their lack of ferocity, these emotions are equally potent in capable hands. The Passion is a character capable of showing mercy on the battlefield, of making decisions that benefit the greater good, and is capable of showing humility. Although typically looked down upon for his views, the Passion can channel the aspects of the dark side of the force considered "lesser" by his contemporaries.

The Passion is similar to the Paladin, in that mercy and compassion power their actions. However the fact that the Passion channels his emotions into his force mastery makes him a potential enemy for the Paladin due to the corrupting nature of emotion. The Void sits opposite the Passion, due to his view of emotion as worthless and stifling, and the Ruthless channels emotions that are directly counter to the Passion's choice of energies.

=======================

Dark Sith - "The Ruthless"
The epitome of what it means to be Sith, the Ruthless channels the strength of fear and anger to become one with the dark side of the force. Fear and anger create the most energy in the easiest supply for one to wield, and as such the Ruthless can unleash his powers without hesitation. This carries downsides however, as the Ruthless tends to be an insecure individual, constantly warry and afraid for his own self, because of this he is inwardly selfish, and will do anything to get ahead of his contemporaries. Nothing is considered too evil for the Ruthless, and he has no concience.

The Ruthless is perpendicular to The Passion, as both feed off emotion to drive their usage of the dark side of the force, but the Passion feeds off of courage and mercy, as opposed to the Ruthless feeding off anger and fear. The Void is the opposite as it sees any emotion as weight that holds you back, and the Paladin is the direct antithesis, as the Ruthless is inwardly selfish entirely, and the Paladin is entirely selfless.

=======================
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

DuchessOfDork
12.19.2011 , 08:36 AM | #2
Pretty good breakdown. Makes sense to me.

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 08:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessOfDork View Post
Pretty good breakdown. Makes sense to me.
Thank ya, it was just a simplified 'stepping point' I figured could help, I've seen a lot of people ingame asking what it means to be a Light Sith or a Dark Jedi, and hopefully this helps some people out.
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!