Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

Luciferhawke
07.23.2012 , 04:34 AM | #51
GW2 pvp is for people that long for the old days when Alterac Valley would last for 2 days. Last beta weekend i spent 2.5 hours attacking a gate that never came down.

Still more fun than getting violated by a mara/jug though. Dont know how long it will last. No monthly fee can always play both

Twor
07.23.2012 , 04:37 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post

Still more fun than getting violated by a mara/jug though. Dont know how long it will last. No monthly fee can always play both
Yes that is the main positive part about it

Regarding class balance in your post... no MMO ever had perfect class balance, there will always be classes that are called fotm or are fotm.
GW 2 will make no exception there. It will probably be a good game for PvP players. But the hype of it being the holy grail... I fear those people are in for dissapointment. What I played there was fun though.
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

DrDon
07.23.2012 , 04:38 AM | #53
its funny really,

obv people do like this game otherwise they would not feel the need to have a public rage about how its not 100%.......

but tell me an MMO what is 100%?
my bet is the OP just wanted some attention and that he was recently owned by a marauder....

but thanks for the giggle
Free TS3 Server if any on needs to use it
(Free TeamSpeak Server Take1)
(Free TeamSpeak Server Take2)
Click For My LiveStream Click For My Youtube
MONEY MAKER SITH SLAYER

Luciferhawke
07.23.2012 , 04:42 AM | #54
OP wanted attention
uses bright green font

Lloydlrving
07.23.2012 , 05:14 AM | #55
GW has always been skill based . We can't compare those 2 games it's just a mater of taste.
I found the game really dynamic compared to swtor.
Swtors did very well with class's stories that's why i played the game.But PvP on swtor is not competitive at all and since i m a more PvP than PvE i ll go for GW 2 instead of swtor .
I likehow they made quests on GW2 that also avoid conflict between players wich involve a better community ( indeed you can't KS ot ninja stuff)

For the one who said the beta test was buggy i had only 1 crash and 1 npc was missing i played all the w-e. for the rest it was fluid no problem with battles it was as i expected , maybe only one thing i don't like it's the inventory beside that i love everything.
Swtor was an 'ok' game but i won't hide it i expected more from this game maybe i've just been dissapointed maybe i ll try again later with more updates.

Bloodcharged
07.23.2012 , 05:17 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by skotish View Post
Swtor pvp is only good for the chosen few classes that are op @ the moment but the nerf cycle will change the direction just like the wind does and that's why i have nearly 5 50,s as it will be my turn once again praying for
merc to get boosted on topic i will play both games
I have my Merc just sitting on the fleet, the only thing I use him for is to fund other toons wiht credits from doing dailies occasionally. As well as having 50 Jugg and 50 PT, currently leveling a Marauder. I still don't understand why they nerfed Arsenal so much with 1.2 and 1.3.

willyshoot
07.23.2012 , 06:05 AM | #57
I think those who like pvp will go to GW2. SWToR has 4 warzones. To me that is not pvp... it's just the single most repetitive boring excuse for pvp i have ever seen. Get gear - Check. Set up group with FoTM classes - check. Win.

Those who pvp simply sit on the IF waiting for wz to pop. It's an utter joke. I had to go to another planet the other and it's been so long since I left IF my droid didn't recognise me.

Add to that we all know BW loves "certain" classes. I am not saying GW2 is the holy grail or the answer to mmo's but what i am saying is a lot of people in SWToR will try GW2 purely because it is not SWToR.

No one in our guild is not trying GW2. oh hum.

Dsstronghold
07.23.2012 , 07:44 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post
GW2 pvp is for people that long for the old days when Alterac Valley would last for 2 days. Last beta weekend i spent 2.5 hours attacking a gate that never came down.

2.5 hours on one door? didn't you use siege engines?
whole idea of getting the door/wall down is to use siege engines and peeps in your team will use the supply that they are spawned in with to help build them (team work).

I spent hours in world v world and omg it was so refreshing, i can see it getting boring after a while but for me and the 100 guild/server members playing it was such a blast.
I wish tor hero engine could handle something like world v world but that is just a dream.

PowerReaper
07.23.2012 , 07:45 AM | #59
No one cares your leaving, bye rofl i love this forum.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

DCVAN
07.23.2012 , 07:47 AM | #60
I've watched GW2 pvp videos and I wasn't that impressed. It looks like a bunch of people just spamming a few buttons. But then the other day I watched one of Taugrims pvp videos and he does a real good job of explaining what's going on in each fight. GW2 has a lot more depth than it looks. I actually started to get excited about the game after watching his vids.

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy TOR pvp too. I think I will give GW2 a try though, and with no monthly fees, why can't I play both.