Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

Henu
07.22.2012 , 07:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
And we care why? they leave they leave, no need to be 30 trillion threads about it. All i wanna know is can i have they're stuff . . .
we care because if people leave Swotr then PVP pops will be longer, lfg will be longer people wont wait around too long they will go the the game that has people doing things in it.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Crawelc
07.22.2012 , 07:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
Wow, a thread about someone quitting for GW2 and someone brings up Marauders and Sentinels. I love this forum lmao
He brought it up, I was just laughing about it. see the 2 sabers in my sig
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

sauerkraut
07.22.2012 , 07:11 PM | #13
If what I heard is true about GW2 there will be no gear grinding and PvP will be strictly skill based. I would go there in an eye-blink if it was not an idiotic cartoon style MMO, but our PvP rejects will be back in a week.

PowerReaper
07.22.2012 , 07:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
If what I heard is true about GW2 there will be no gear grinding and PvP will be strictly skill based. I would go there in an eye-blink if it was not an idiotic cartoon style MMO, but our PvP rejects will be back in a week.
Exactly...
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

RangKer
07.22.2012 , 07:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by antmag View Post
I'm on SW from the start, but 1 week at GW2 was enough to realise HOW POOR your pvp is!

Chain CC's , PVE cc's on PVP, this is not a game of skill is a game for " push all your cc's and try to burn the other player down." ah and Marauders, then you have marauders...

almost 7 months of SW and you guys seems that you didn't learn nothing from your mistakes.

Bye SWTOR!
GW2 a game promoted and built around PvP with PvE as the side content. = No Gear Grind
SWtOR a game built around Story Based PvE with PvE as the Side Content. = Gear Grind

Yes PvP needs fixing in almost every mmo game, expecting and demanding perfection wont get you anything but frustration and zits. Also Arena.net is the #1 offenders for the harshest nerfs look at Necros from GW1 1st week after launch was the weakest class ever recorded;

Last Beta already thrown out the nerf rumors about Engineer and Necro are already planned on a 47% reduction in all damage and survivability and longer CD on CC with shorter effects then any class in any MMO in history

Ranger getting reduced Ranged damage by 15%.

Mesme and Ele getting a 35% damage and surviability increase and two AoE based CC+Root combination, Guardian, Warrior and Thief, getting hit with 30% Damage lost for melee combact and a .05 sec GCD on all melee attacks - remember all rumors, but look at Arena.nets history who is known for nerfing classes for no reason as well.

I enjoy both games - will play both games, care less what the fotm reroller hipster militant coffee shop kids think which game is better, as long as thay are fun -

Also Mara / Sent are easy to kill, it's called make friends and create a premade.
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

Entropicus
07.22.2012 , 07:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
No pvp stat, and everyone is max level with all skills, no bolster. Sounds good. If only it weren't another fantasy genre...
When I run, I am running as if I am running towards someone attacking my family. When I lift, I am lifting the weight that is about to crush my child. Every workout you do is preparation for a time where it really matters. If you do not train like someone's life depends on you, what will you do when one does?

ZirusZero
07.22.2012 , 07:24 PM | #17
Your here to complain about marauders? OH CRAP, THIS IS LAUGHABLE!
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Zehf
07.22.2012 , 07:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
GW2;pvp requires no leveling or character progression .
Having a skill based game, where the outcome of battle is based on your reflexes and abilities as player instead of arbitrary stats on your clothes..doesn't mean there isn't any levels or progression. The skills trees and ability customization is miles ahead of swtor in terms of depths.

Anyone saying GW2 will kill SWTOR is kidding themselves. But anyone thinking PvPers are going to stick around TOR for rated warzones are just as delusional. People playing MMOs for competitive pvp will be playing GW2. No one will be playing TOR for the PvP once GW2 is released.
Skill > Gear. Wardrobe competitions belong in Project Runway.

Take Notes Bioware

Caeliux
07.22.2012 , 08:08 PM | #19
GW2 = Lawl

lpsmash
07.22.2012 , 08:09 PM | #20
This thread is completely useless, just like this post.