Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kioma
07.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Also: please remember, everyone - flag the trolls, don't fight. Let's not give our friendly neighborhood mods more work.
Exactly. Flag it, don't feed it. If it's smart enough it'll work out that homophobic tripe isn't welcome here.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Spatology
07.22.2012 , 04:02 PM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Well said, thank you. *golfclap* I wish more people would recognize this sort of thing, instead of getting all doom'n'gloom about features just because we haven't heard about them for a while.

As for whether I'll continue to pay while SGRs aren't in, I'm still holding to BioWare's statement that they're coming this year. If January hits and we still don't have SGRs, I plan to cancel my subscription, because I don't want to keep paying for a game if I can't play more than half of my characters the way I want to. But that will be then, this is now, and a lot can happen between now and then.

And the answer to "when will then be now?" is, of course, "soon."

Also: please remember, everyone - flag the trolls, don't fight. Let's not give our friendly neighborhood mods more work.
I just want some clarification on this post: You will be canceling your subscription because you cant: choose answer 2, make the screen go black while your characters exit stage right, then reenter and make useless dialogue that doesnt effect you or anyone else in the game as far as gameplay or advancement?

Please, correct me if im wrong. I just feel like this is childish logic and you arent allowing yourself to enjoy the game for what it is. Again, i appologize if im reading into this or not picking up on something.

I think we should be watching the Q&A more closely, i feel answer's comeing in the near future with the amount of discourse going on here.

Kioma
07.22.2012 , 04:21 PM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
I just want some clarification on this post: You will be canceling your subscription because you cant: choose answer 2, make the screen go black while your characters exit stage right, then reenter and make useless dialogue that doesnt effect you or anyone else in the game as far as gameplay or advancement?
You appear to be looking at the game from a primarily stat/advancement/levelling viewpoint (which is fine for your game but may not work for others). What is 'useless' for you might be highly entertaining for someone else.

Please, correct me if im wrong. I just feel like this is childish logic and you arent allowing yourself to enjoy the game for what it is. Again, i appologize if im reading into this or not picking up on something.
'Childish' is an extremely subjective and loaded word almost certain to draw antagonism; I would respectfully suggest you think about using the word 'incomplete' or 'limited' next time (if they are, indeed, what you mean by 'childish').

'For what it is' is also subjective. What the game is can be accurately said to be many things - including fully-voiced PC-NPC interaction with romantic arcs. If you're concentrating on a different part of 'what it is' then that's great for you, but others may have different perspectives.

That difference doesn't make it 'childish'. It doesn't mean the person isn't 'allowing' themselves anything in particular. It simply means the lack of something they find enjoyable has outweighed the other aspects the player does find enjoyable.

I can't claim to speak for MusedMoose or anyone else but the story aspects of PC-NPC interaction go well beyond a fade-to-black. There's interactive banter, the process of warming to a companion character, the inevitable 'head-canon' process that goes on with any gamer paying attention to any aspect of the story - and, of course, the simple right to approach the game on an equal footing to a heterosexual player. It's very easy for a person to say 'This thing isn't important and is a silly thing to be disgruntled by' when they have it and someone else doesn't.

I think we should be watching the Q&A more closely, i feel answer's comeing in the near future with the amount of discourse going on here.
Discourse has been going on here with no reflection in the Q&A for months now. And I'm certain it will continue for months more.

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #434

Your idea of gameplay differs to our's, we came here for KotOR 3,4,5,6, etc... we are BiOWare RPG fans, now I don't speak for us all, but I imagine at least some of us agree that regular MMORPG gameplay isn't what makes us enjoy this game.

Some of us are avid role players, hence the role player part of RPG, what you may think is just a fade black and a few dialogue scenes, we see as a massive part of our character's story development and integral to our enjoyment of the game, we aren't getting a main part of the story to enjoy that we get with other BioWare RPGs, the romances with companions, something all of us here view as central to our experience.

Now I imagine you may state that there are romances we can partake in, we just don't choose to, no that would equate to a straight male having the option for his male character to romance only another male character or not take part at all.

We are simply asking to be able to enjoy what the heterosexual role-players get to.

And where I am concerned, I've almsot finished all the class stories, I will have little to enjoy unless they implement this, now that isn't some "GIMME NAO OR UNSUB!" threat, it is simply the fact of the matter for me, eventually I'll have very little to do, being able to take part in almost a completely new story would be fantastic for me.

Kioma
07.22.2012 , 04:30 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
we came here for KotOR 3,4,5,6, etc...
I didn't. Couldn't get into KotOR. Something about those games bugged the hell out of me. That's just me, though.

TheLoneSage
07.22.2012 , 04:35 PM | #436
If it makes anybody feel better...

Same-Sex Marriage and relationships are accepted in Mandalorian Culture during this time in the Galaxy. So even the Mandalorians, a nomadic, war driven, culture accepts it. And most of the Galaxy accepts it too.

The Lore is there, so there's no reason to not install it.

Play games the way you want to. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 had an entire level of content devoted to playing as a terrorist and just mowing down innocent people. It's pretty sick and twisted, but you had a choice to play it or not. Same thing with Same-Sex relationships in SWTOR, you have a choice to play that content if it's offensive to you or not.

And just so you know, that little amount of content (Which took resources and weeks of development to create.) didn't affect game sales at all. Remotely.

P.S: Off-Topic but why does nobody use Polls anymore....
Who's my favorite Villain from the game?
Myself of course.

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 04:37 PM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I didn't. Couldn't get into KotOR. Something about those games bugged the hell out of me. That's just me, though.
That's where the 'some of us', etc... part came in.

Oh and WHAT?! deary deary me, couldn't get into KotOR? I feel much sympathy for you.

Rayla_Felana
07.22.2012 , 04:38 PM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLoneSage View Post
P.S: Off-Topic but why does nobody use Polls anymore....
Since they removed them from the sites, don't ask me why.

Kioma
07.22.2012 , 04:45 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That's where the 'some of us', etc... part came in.

Oh and WHAT?! deary deary me, couldn't get into KotOR? I feel much sympathy for you.
No need to. If nothing else I have no idea what I'm missing. I'm enjoying many aspects of SWTOR and that's fine for my needs. The lack of SGRAs is a glaring omission, though - thus why I'm here.

Spatology
07.22.2012 , 05:46 PM | #440
Forgive my use of the word childish if it offrends. Childish is a good discriptive adjective for a person who doesnt or cant consider all facts or relevant opinions and respond or not respond accordingly. Its not ment offensively. I would guess im childish in not being able to see how this would effect your enjoyment of the game to the point where you would not play anylonger because of the above stated reasoning.

You are argueing semantics of words. There's no reason to give merit to these coments.

I appear to be looking at the game from the average MMORPG player's expectations of a game. Since this is an MMORPG, and not a PC - NPC RPG, i would think my logic follows the line of the majority of players. I could be wrong, but probably not.

I, personally, wish they had left "romance" out of the game all together, this is a very personal opinion. Its prolly not shared by alot of people.

Ty for atleast trying to explain why you would offer an ultimatium to bioware for content that really has little visual, audio, or social interaction value.

All the off topic stuff out of the way....

I want to ask, if Heterosexual/homosexual content is availible. I would like to ask for a way to "transgender" my characters. It isnt fair that i cant dress my male character up in the female characters clothes and flirt with my male companions. I tried to use the slave girl social gear on my male character, however, my torso just went invisible. Hopefully this, and other issues will be fixed in the near future. Not being able to wear the slavegirl outfit on my body type 4 male character wont keep me from enjoying all the great fun this game has to offer!