Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

ChikenSammichPie
07.17.2012 , 11:34 PM | #21
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rskZrfR0Rkcdkq.2
My merc heals talent build. Alacrity is just going to force you to overheat in PvE, mercs have a very delicate rotation as it is.

skotish
07.18.2012 , 01:14 AM | #22
I have got my BH with both sets of gear only Bm and the bodyguard 2 parts Wh its a nightmare having to gear up both sets just in-case they get round to fixing the dps side but great Thread OP
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

DkSharktooth
07.20.2012 , 08:52 AM | #23
Remade the video for Arsenal Merc PvE Boss Rotation. Posted on page 1.

Aerro
07.21.2012 , 05:05 PM | #24
Arsenal Merc top DPS talent spec:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2f2e3f10def6
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

DkSharktooth
07.21.2012 , 07:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Arsenal Merc top DPS talent spec:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2f2e3f10def6
Same spec as "Double Dipping Alacrity". Thanks for the post though, I've seen your guide before.

DkSharktooth
07.21.2012 , 07:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i don't see a spec with stabalizers...

personally, i'll take that over 3% crit. i use PS, UL, and CM quite often in PvP.
That's 6% crit total, 3% ranged, 3% tech. You don't need stabilizers because you are designed as a kiting class, keep your distance, keep moving always.

DkSharktooth
07.27.2012 , 09:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChikenSammichPie View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rskZrfR0Rkcdkq.2
My merc heals talent build. Alacrity is just going to force you to overheat in PvE, mercs have a very delicate rotation as it is.
Not taking alacrity risks your targets dying if they are taking consistent damage because you are not able to pump out enough heals in time. With critical alacrity rolling, i have 1.7 second healing scan, 1.2 second rapid scan. Your rotation does not change with or without alacrity, you do 2x casts that cost 16 heat each, then you use 1-2 rapid shots.

T-Assassin
07.27.2012 , 11:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
That's 6% crit total, 3% ranged, 3% tech. You don't need stabilizers because you are designed as a kiting class, keep your distance, keep moving always.
and i use Power shot, Unload, and CM quite often in PvP.

i like to hide behind pillars, LoS, and hide...when i get jumped, or when i get noticed, then i run and kite.

to each his own.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Choffware
07.27.2012 , 11:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Totally disagree. Yes a pyro has to keep moving but your main dps mechanic is dependent on powershot. You need stabilizers to make sure you get the powershots off or your dps goes in the tolet crit or no crit. Although this is a solid guide for pve you made a handful of mistakes on the pvp side and just seem to dismiss anyone that has a counter point. t-assassin is probably one of the best merc pyro "theorycrafters" on the forum and one of the best merc pyro pvp'ers in the game. Dismissing him is just silly. I can make up that crit bonus easily in gear and buffs and hit the soft caps no problem. But I can't get push back protection unless I take stabilizers
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

T-Assassin
07.27.2012 , 02:33 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Choffware View Post
I can make up that crit bonus easily in gear and buffs and hit the soft caps no problem. But I can't get push back protection unless I take stabilizers.

very good point.

and thank you!

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -