Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Rules

MachoLL
07.18.2012 , 08:03 AM | #41
I ussually never click need for anything unless it's a wicked bracer, earpiece, relic or nice looking piece of custom armor (if it already contains mods I only click need if it gives the stats I use).

Why I do not support this idea is because some peoples have multiple characters, and while they may not use an agent they might still have one. So unless the items binds to you, you should be free to click need if you have another character that can use the item. And even if you don't have a character that can use the item, you might still have a friend who has the same need of it.

And I see alot of peoples that selects need for an item they already have. Isn't this as bad? They obviulsy can't do anything else with the item than selling it. And if their is an Warrior that have an character who need that item, then I think it should be him/her that gets the item.

Rompdomp
07.18.2012 , 02:49 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
I ussually never click need for anything unless it's a wicked bracer, earpiece, relic or nice looking piece of custom armor (if it already contains mods I only click need if it gives the stats I use).

Why I do not support this idea is because some peoples have multiple characters, and while they may not use an agent they might still have one. So unless the items binds to you, you should be free to click need if you have another character that can use the item. And even if you don't have a character that can use the item, you might still have a friend who has the same need of it.

And I see alot of peoples that selects need for an item they already have. Isn't this as bad? They obviulsy can't do anything else with the item than selling it. And if their is an Warrior that have an character who need that item, then I think it should be him/her that gets the item.
No! You only roll need unconditionally when its an upgrade for the spec your currently in. If you want it for an offspec, companion, alt, RE, whatever and there is no one else in the group that can use it, its prob cool, but polite to let everyone know why you are doing it. If there is another player who might need it for a mainspec upgrade ( and its not a main spec upgrade for you) make sure he doesn't need it before you roll need. If you want the piece to rip out a few mods to better itemize your gear the decent thing to do is to make sure its not a big upgrade for anyone else in the group. None of the content you can access from the group finder drops super rare hard to get gear (and don't tell me the rakata chest piece in LI qualifies as this). Odds are if you don't get that piece this time you will get it next time. Don't be greedy, you are still on the same faction/ server, ppl who are asses with needing on everything will get a reputation fast. Piss enough ppl off and good luck getting into a group for the stuff you can't group finder que for (like HM kp/EV and EC).

Edit: MachoLL I'm not aiming this at you or accusing you of anything (you even stated you don't do this sort of thing) I am just putting up the general view most ppl have of rolling on loot in a pug dungeon.

DayneDrak
07.19.2012 , 05:43 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
WoW instituted a 'cannot roll need on items you can't effectivly use' for a reason, because there ARE people out there (a large number actually) who will roll need even if they have exactly ZERO use for an item, just cause they can.
here's the thing, and whether you think it's a good idea, or a bad idea, the fact is that, with companions, you effectively have 6 characters to equip, not just one. So unless you know their companions have better gear, you cannot say that they have zero use for the item.

As long as any class can turn in the tokens for full pieces of gear, you're going to see someone rolling need on stuff that isn't for their class.

Speaking personally, I don't do that. I don't think my companions needs are more important than an actual player, and since companions don't get set bonuses, I'm perfectly happy equipping them with exotech and energized pieces.

If you're concerned about people rolling for stuff you need, ask about their intentions at the beginning of the FP. They may still lie to you, at which point you put them on ignore to make sure you don't group with them anymore. Or form your own groups of like minded people.

It's not Bioware's job to enforce morality. If you play with snakes, you're occasionally going to get bit.

Eternalnight
07.19.2012 , 05:58 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DayneDrak View Post
here's the thing, and whether you think it's a good idea, or a bad idea, the fact is that, with companions, you effectively have 6 characters to equip, not just one. So unless you know their companions have better gear, you cannot say that they have zero use for the item.
As a matter of fact, in many cases I can.

For example all of troopers use Aim as their main stat, so if for example a light armor belt with willpower drops and there is a trooper in the group, I can say with absolute 100% certainty without even knowing anything about what gear his companions have, that he has zero use for the item, even if you counted equipping companions as a potential use.

Actually there is only one class in republic side and also only one class in imperial side whose different companions use all 4 main stats, and even they don't need all the different types of gear that exist in the game.

Sindistical
07.21.2012 , 01:18 AM | #45
Real simple, if gear drops and it's for your class go ahead and need. If it's for a companion you press greed. There is absolutely no reason for say a trooper to roll need on a columi token for sentinels or consulors. The only stat that troopers use is aim. a couple of their companions use cunning. Just because a player can roll need doesn't mean they should just because they want to be greedy. Why should the players that actually need and can use gear have to take a back step to the ignorance of other players. And this is not griping, it's addressing a legitimate issue.

sithrommie
07.21.2012 , 01:58 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Derriden View Post
Just a suggestion, putting in here since the problem is usually going to be seen in instances.

Can we please have some eligibility logic put into the loot system? To stop the following happening...

Last night I did a random HM. Me and another Inquisitor, a Warrior and an Agent. On the final boss an item dropped that was Inquisitor only (and the republic equivalent) - a bracers token I think it was. The warrior Needed and won it. I Greeded since it wasn't an upgrade but the other SI needed it. Now the warrior has a useless token that I'm not even sure is worth any vendor credits and the other SI is still in low level bracers.

This sort of thing is going to get a lot worse now that the finder tool is live. Same thing happened in WoW when they added the dungeon finder. People think they have a degree of anonymity so don't care about screwing people over.

Just something that auto-passes you if you're not the right class is all it needs. I'm only talking about the stuff that's actually locked to specific classes, not "that's a tank item not a dps item" or "you don't need crit" conflicts (which is another discussion for another day).
I hate ninja's, but I got to the unfortunate point of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em,
I think a lot of folks are giving up on civility in the FPs, and just needing on everything until bioware
puts in that exact system you are referring to.
With gear upgrades wanted for companions, etc, (the reasons are endless) I think we just have to give up
being civil and need on everything. YEs, it sucks, but I've found in last 30 runs or so if i don't need on stuff, i get nothing, and I mean 6 runs of need-ninja's. Until bioware puts in a system like you're saying (and they should, it works for WOW) I'm just going to need as well.
I hate it, but if i don't i get zip.