Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lvl 50 Purple Drops

Roycerson
07.20.2012 , 07:01 AM | #1
Is it just me or are these all useless for wearing since recruit gear is now free? Is the Ardent Blade set and other World Boss drops really meant to be good for it's cosmetics only? And the lvl 49 purple enhancements/mods/armor you get as daily heroic rewards are just for the vendor? Is that intentional? Should I vendor the complete set I had made for my Sentinel and just put him in recruit gear instead? That was LOT of wasted work and Mandalorian Iron. Are there plans to make these items useful again someday?

Jadescythe
07.20.2012 , 10:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Roycerson View Post
Is it just me or are these all useless for wearing since recruit gear is now free? Is the Ardent Blade set and other World Boss drops really meant to be good for it's cosmetics only? And the lvl 49 purple enhancements/mods/armor you get as daily heroic rewards are just for the vendor? Is that intentional? Should I vendor the complete set I had made for my Sentinel and just put him in recruit gear instead? That was LOT of wasted work and Mandalorian Iron. Are there plans to make these items useful again someday?
Sadly yes, PVP gear is better than anything you can get prior to Tionese. From there, it is generally accepted that Tiones>Recruit, Columni>Battlemaster, Rakata>War Hero, Campaign/Black Hole are the best (assuming you're not in PVP of course in which case leave your PVE gear at home). The differences, however, are fairly minimal as I completed HM Eternity Vault in BM gear. Since I've augmented my War Hero gear, however, I have no use for Rakata gear. It is a slight problem that expertise is working as intended to keep PVE gear out of warzones, but it is not working as intended to keep PVP gear out of Ops/FPs.
I have opinions and stuff

danpen
07.21.2012 , 03:06 AM | #3
Yes but the Purple Drops,are helpfull are they in the game or not.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Brittaany_Banks
07.21.2012 , 04:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Sadly yes, PVP gear is better than anything you can get prior to Tionese. From there, it is generally accepted that Tiones>Recruit, Columni>Battlemaster, Rakata>War Hero, Campaign/Black Hole are the best (assuming you're not in PVP of course in which case leave your PVE gear at home). The differences, however, are fairly minimal as I completed HM Eternity Vault in BM gear. Since I've augmented my War Hero gear, however, I have no use for Rakata gear. It is a slight problem that expertise is working as intended to keep PVE gear out of warzones, but it is not working as intended to keep PVP gear out of Ops/FPs.
I honestly believe If you are wearing PvP gear that PvE damage should be 2x as much. Makes sense really that way someone can't do a weeks full of pvp and get full BM then go do HM Ops.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?