Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Operations Urgently Needed

Coriolan_Martius
07.20.2012 , 01:24 PM | #11
Quote:
I'd like to see the first boss spawn 8 teams of stun locking operatives to wipe the entire raid. I'd pay to watch that on youtube.
This made me laugh out loud. God speed G.Z.

Back to the point of this thread ... I am not sure that new OPs will solve this problem. It is probably a very time consuming process to make, test and balance a new OP, not to mentioned the associated gear. Also, it is quite difficult to make the newest OP be challenging for the top raids while making it accessible to the masses. From running EC, I am pretty sure that 90+ % of the population can't beat the final boss(even if geared in BH / Rakata / columi). If they make it more accessible then the raiders will complain that it is too easy and rage quit. I suppose more difficulty levels might solve this but it is only a temporary solution.

I think the devs should look to make repeatable / recyclable content that can be run indefinitely. The best example is WZ. But I think more social activities, like Pazaak and Swoop racing, that involve NO "pew pew" would be great too. I find rinse and repeat raiding to be a snooze fest, and so do most of my friends online.

dipstik
07.20.2012 , 02:04 PM | #12
you really dont know why it takes more that 3-4 months to release new content?

It is called production, something that BioWare has a history of doing very well.

It would be nice if they would make nim fps and put the new nim ops on the pts for these insatiable guilds to chew through and spit out at an alarming rate.

If you want a game that you will never beat, you should prolly play tetris or simon.

cshouston
07.20.2012 , 02:16 PM | #13
Try clearing HM EC in 24 hours, and farming it for the last 3 months. No kidding they need to speed it up...

If the tools are not available to produce content at a faster pace, they should have been developed. Rift does a pretty good job of churning out content, overall quality of the game notwithstanding. At least some reasoning as to why this is taking so long would work wonders at easing the level of impatience some of us are reaching. Is is a technical hurdle? Are the tools still in development?

More than likely, their team is spread thin covering other bases since so many people have been laid off.

Fossman
07.20.2012 , 07:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Try clearing HM EC in 24 hours, and farming it for the last 3 months. No kidding they need to speed it up...

If the tools are not available to produce content at a faster pace, they should have been developed. Rift does a pretty good job of churning out content, overall quality of the game notwithstanding. At least some reasoning as to why this is taking so long would work wonders at easing the level of impatience some of us are reaching. Is is a technical hurdle? Are the tools still in development?

More than likely, their team is spread thin covering other bases since so many people have been laid off.
Im thinking the same thing I mean I realize that alot of time needs to go into major content patches and thats all well and good but it would be nice to have little additions between patches. Rift does it all the time in addition to very fast patch releases. Hell I think the last major patch they released pretty much doubled the size of the map. Would it be so difficult to add new areas to old planets add weekly challenges for groups (unique quests only available for that week) or even just more little events like the rakghoul plague.

I understand that the game engine they are using has pretty severe limitations but if its really making content so difficult to develop why the hell did they use it in the first place? I mean I could be wrong here but if you want to have a successful MMO isnt it better to have a system in place that allows you to constantly push out new content?

cshouston
07.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #15
HeroEngine was a mistake from the very start...

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/he...eets-starwars/

Some choice quotes:

Quote:
"Our goal was to build a modern graphical MMO RPG that allowed our team of designers to continually add new content into the game..."
So did they accomplish this? I don't get it.

Quote:
"I need this,” said Gordon. “I am about to start a special project and these tools will let us build and prototype fast and get something running in a hurry.”
So, they were always in a hurry, yet six years later they rushed a still incomplete project? :/

Quote:
“It’s not productized yet,” we told Gordon. “There are whole sections of code that is only roughed in and not optimized for performance or security. And there are very few comments and very little documentation.”

He didn’t care.
Yep. Sounds like EA.

Quote:
We were concerned over their making major changes to our engine, but we loved the size of the check that came with the deal.
That's HeroEngine's creators covering their butts for how awful SWTOR's engine turned out to be, imho.

In fact, part of me wonders if BioWare's initial intentions were to use HE to prototype the game, similar to the way Elder Scrolls Online did, but then transition into their own in-house engine. That would've been a much, much better course of action, but I bet someone at EA pulled the plug on that idea for monetary reasons.

Soluss
07.21.2012 , 01:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by siyuandai View Post
Here's an idea, play some alts, enjoy all the storylines that this game has to offer.
Juts by playing 1 character on each faction, you have seen 90% of the story.

pureeffinmetal
07.21.2012 , 02:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by siyuandai View Post
Here's an idea, play some alts, enjoy all the storylines that this game has to offer.
Have five level 50's. All of which are in AT LEAST Rakata.

Been legacy 50 for months. Have 15~ Million credits to my name. (Don't care for more).

I am a raider, why is it selfish to ask for more content when it is the part I most enjoy and desperately needed? I've done most everything else the game has to offer to keep me busy.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

lexiekaboom
07.21.2012 , 03:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Have five level 50's. All of which are in AT LEAST Rakata.

Been legacy 50 for months. Have 15~ Million credits to my name. (Don't care for more).

I am a raider, why is it selfish to ask for more content when it is the part I most enjoy and desperately needed? I've done most everything else the game has to offer to keep me busy.
Let me end the raiders / hardcore / casual argument for you. Yes, you can blame this guy for blowing though content, and yes people going slower still have tons to do. But, here is the only important issue

An MMO that costs $15 a month should produce about $15 a month worth of new content.

If it's not doing that ... why are you paying $15 a month?

Soluss
07.21.2012 , 06:09 PM | #19
Yes, I agree the game needs more Ops. However, I believe the game needs more then that. It needs side attractions. It needs real space that is multiplayer... possibly with space raids and pvp space. Dynamic events like in Rift or GW2 would be killer in this game. Just getting more ops every 3 to 7 months is not going to cut it. IMO of course.

TrooperCam
07.21.2012 , 07:35 PM | #20
Signed.

Even if it was another Ragkhoul Plague on another planet that would keep some people busy for a bit.

Perhaps HK-51 will be the next event?
Somewhere in Dalborra.