Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XmaceukX
07.20.2012 , 10:41 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Can you snip from your combat those 2 seconds where your one attacker was doing 9k dps to you?
Over 12k health, no i didn't get it as its not really my job to prove whose cheatting im jut saying what i saw its BW job to investigate. Hopefully they will take this serious as i know what i saw and it was definetly cheating.

And when i say its not my job i get limited online time im not going to use it trawling through combat logs when i didnt even get their names they were that quick! so quick i couldnt even click on them and you think thats right? Not you personally the people sticking up for the obvious cheats.

KBSIP
07.20.2012 , 10:48 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by XmaceukX View Post
Over 12k health, no i didn't get it as its not really my job to prove whose cheatting im jut saying what i saw its BW job to investigate. Hopefully they will take this serious as i know what i saw and it was definetly cheating.

And when i say its not my job i get limited online time im not going to use it trawling through combat logs when i didnt even get their names they were that quick! so quick i couldnt even click on them and you think thats right? Not you personally the people sticking up for the obvious cheats.
its called a parser. if you're going to bring complaints to the forums do your homework, otherwise stick to tickets. its your job to do the work to back up your claim if you're going to make it to the rest of us, and if you don't we're going to tear you a new one for being lazy.

Balmuck
07.20.2012 , 10:57 AM | #113
Funny story:

I'm quing some Warzones on my level 40 Marauder alt. Of course, at that level - Mara is pretty awesome to play and I'm having a great time beating on people who have no idea how to play the game... but this one incident from yesterday stood out.

I'm middle in Alderaan and I notice a OP stealth up and head towards our side flag. At that point, we had some other incoming middle so we killed him, and as soon as they were dead, I dropped down from mid to help out the side flag. Of course, as I'm walking towards the flag, our defender (melee OP), seems completely oblivious to the giant beam of blue light that's behind him capping the flag. I call that out, but it's to late, since the guy caps the flag.. and as soon as that happens, the guy guarding the flag says, "That's BS, I was looking at this thing the whole time, this guy is obviously hacking." I clearly remember my statement, which was, "No such things as hacks in this game, only bad players who can't play."

We did win that game but not without that guy constantly crying and complaining the whole time... and after the game was over, he sent me a tell saying that I must be one of them hackers and cheats, since I'm defending them so much.

I've played this game since the early beta tests.. and I've continued playing it up until now, with the best guilds and best PVP groups on each of the servers I was on. I can say that ONLY ONCE did I see someone hack, and that was a level 37 Assassin on Ilum, who was obviously abusing speed hacks just cuz he could. I didn't really mind, I found it amusing and even tried to race with him on my speeder.

I just think that people who have no comprehension of game mechanics, or any sort of idea on how to PVP, or maybe the unwillingness to learn or admit that they aren't all that great... well, they tend to have this sort of mentality that no matter what, only way people beat them is through cheating. Feel free to ask the kids that my team 6-0'ed in Hutt Ball the other day in about 3 min. Apparently they all reported us because their brains couldn't figure out that our Juggy was interceding to a stealth-ed Assassin... not to "ghosts" as they were saying.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

stuffystuffs
07.20.2012 , 11:09 AM | #114
Weird things happen sometimes in WZ's due to bugs.

Yesterday in VS, my Sent was perma-stunned by one of those pesky stun-locking operatives. We were the defending team in the first round and there was only about 45 sec left on the clock, but I was stunned for that entire time. When the second round started, I was unstunned and reset properly behind the attacker force-field...thankfully or I would have likely tragically un-subbed.

The only really strange thing I've seen was in VS when the other team was somehow planting the bombs on both doors while their entire team was hanging out in the attacker start area. It was dumb...we just kept diffusing them. I have no clue what was going on there...if it was a hack they were really stupid...I think it was some type of weird bug though.

Sookster
07.20.2012 , 11:16 AM | #115
Now that I've been spending more time doing pvp again, I've been noticing a huge uprise in cheating that it's just incredibly out of hand now. There are tons of youtube videos demonstrating them and tons of results in google as well, and sometimes in huttball you'll see a ballcarrier just zip from mid to the endzone in 2 seconds, you'll freeze or lag severely in voidstar while one guy zips around, you'll never be able to stun the assassin that just runs around spiking people every 2 seconds, or a sage's health that just doesn't drop even without force armor or a sentinal that kills you in 3 globals even if you have 22K health.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Balmuck
07.20.2012 , 11:59 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

funkiestj
07.20.2012 , 02:02 PM | #117

a

video

/EOM

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

SwordofSodan
07.20.2012 , 02:06 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.
Yeah everyones paranoid and ignorant because there is absolutely no cheat hacking in this game.. right?
/sarcasim

- swtor hack cheat - Google - 1,710,000 results

- swtor hack cheat - Youtube - 1,380 results

While there are people that are too quick to point the finger without other considerations, hacking does exsist in SWTOR and it is becoming a problem. Fact.

unixbomber
07.20.2012 , 02:58 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by SwordofSodan View Post
Yeah everyones paranoid and ignorant because there is absolutely no cheat hacking in this game.. right?
/sarcasim

- swtor hack cheat - Google - 1,710,000 results

- swtor hack cheat - Youtube - 1,380 results

While there are people that are too quick to point the finger without other considerations, hacking does exsist in SWTOR and it is becoming a problem. Fact.
Most videos I've seen showing speed hacks and other proposed hacking are either not recent or questionable at best. Just because you get results from typing in something on Google or Youtube doesn't mean it's accurate. Although... oh ****.... Repitilians (About 559,000 results - zomg) are taking over the world.... David Icke .. he said... well, there's proof! Just look for it! In all seriousness, don't accuse someone of hacking unless you can prove it and if you can't,... common sense says to keep your mouth shut and or report them. Let someone else look into it and deal with it that is able to take appropriate steps and actions. I queue for warzones daily and have not seen anything even remotely questionable in a long time and if I did, I'd follow my own advice.

Yndras
07.20.2012 , 03:16 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by tordo View Post
At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo
Chip on your shoulder much?
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary