Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you follow Ops leader orders?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Do you follow Ops leader orders?

Darth_Malish
07.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #1
You think that your plan is better or you feel that you is more experienced than he is. But he is the Ops this time. Will you follow his plan if you don't agree with it? Or you will argue or even violate his orders?

To illustrate my question let's imagine you are a stealther and say something like "everyone attack right door and I'll ninja cap left". But ops says "no, we ALL should focus attack right". What will you do? Join everyone, like ops said or will try your plan anyway?

Personally I'll follow ops orders even if I think that it's stupid.

Darth_Acherus
07.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #2
I don't follow any orders from someone less intelligent or experienced than myself.

And that is especially if they spout nonsense like it's gospel.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

TapSumBatt
07.20.2012 , 07:56 AM | #3
No it's a random WZ and most people using that chat only want to be important. I don't disobey just because but people wont listen anyway, and as a healer I go where Im needed.
You have been Pyroteched!

Dejected
07.20.2012 , 07:59 AM | #4
If evidence leads to their orders, then I'll follow them. If they just say "Everyone zerg right." And I notice no defenders on left, being a hybrid shadow with insta force lift, I'll go left rq, find their stealth defender, sap him, start to cap, he breaks the sap and then gets instant force lifted, I plant the bomb, and we move on.

Generally, if it doesn't work on the first try, I'll head back to the zerg and continue the fight. It rarely doesn't work though.

KBSIP
07.20.2012 , 08:00 AM | #5
ops is just based off some arbitrary system of who has most VP at the time, no guarantee the leader is smarter, or more experienced.

I'll go ahead and follow my own strat in pugs, usually consisting of finding and murdering enemy healers.

Diezsell
07.20.2012 , 08:23 AM | #6
I usually will try to follow the ops leaders requests at the beginning of the wz. After the initial assault I'll watch for help calls or just go where I'm needed.

Ybini
07.20.2012 , 08:30 AM | #7
I don't see why not, sometimes its whoever speaks first and the leader doesn't say anything. I'd guess a higher valor person would have seen strategies so would have better experience. (excepting the illum guys of course).

Aaroneus
07.20.2012 , 08:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Diezsell View Post
I usually will try to follow the ops leaders requests at the beginning of the wz. After the initial assault I'll watch for help calls or just go where I'm needed.
same thing for me. if no one throws out an initial plan at the beginning, i'll throw something out there. if no one goes for it, I'll just either respond to help calls or go where the majority of my team is and heal.
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

LarryRow
07.20.2012 , 08:40 AM | #9
Even if you think your plan is better, sometimes it's better to have everyone on the same page of a meh strategy than have everyone trying to execute their own favorite awesome strategy.

In the OP example, all going right makes sense if they commit 2 defenders to the off door. Trying to 1v2 will only gimp your team. However, if you can 1v1 or 2v2, you can hope they call for help and the other team over commits.

I guess my point is that your opening strategy should be flexible depending on what the other team does.

I will use ops announcements (done with "/ra" for some reason, almost like someone thought they were raids and not operations...) if we ninja a node. Sometimes people don't notice, and need to be told to stop fighting and break off to defend (mostly Alderaan thanks to the audio cue in Novare). Or I'll use it to remind people to slow the enemy team instead of killing them or running to the bridges/forcefields in Voidstar.

Occasionally I will use it if we are down 2 nodes to 1 and I think the timing is right for a coordinated attack on a particular node. I figure it at least gives is a chance to group our forces. I'll say "all go left" or "spawners south" but honestly I don't think anyone ever listens.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

TUXs
07.20.2012 , 08:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Malish View Post
You think that your plan is better or you feel that you is more experienced than he is. But he is the Ops this time. Will you follow his plan if you don't agree with it? Or you will argue or even violate his orders?

To illustrate my question let's imagine you are a stealther and say something like "everyone attack right door and I'll ninja cap left". But ops says "no, we ALL should focus attack right". What will you do? Join everyone, like ops said or will try your plan anyway?

Personally I'll follow ops orders even if I think that it's stupid.
I'm with ya. If I do disagree, I'd speak up and explain why I feel my way is better, but I feel it's better to have the whole team on the same page, even with a questionable strategy, than to have people doing whatever THEY feel is best. Working with a common goal, as a team, is better than working as individuals any day.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
I don't follow any orders from someone less intelligent or experienced than myself.
So you pretty much do as your told huh?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])