Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consistent DC's on Prophecy of the Five

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Consistent DC's on Prophecy of the Five
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xephori
07.18.2012 , 10:00 AM | #1
I recently came back to the game after a several month hiatus and did not encounter this issue previously, even when I played on an East Coast server back then.

I'm currently playing on an East Coast PvP server (Prophecy of the Five) from BC Canada to play with a friend. Every 5-10 mins my connection, no matter the time of day, suddenly goes to a red X and I get dc'ed to the server selection screen. However, if I go to a West Coast server, be it PvE or PvP, my connection stays fine and is also at an even better ping (65 lat vs 140+ on Prophecy). The server population does not seem to have any altering effect to this issue.

I have been in contact with my ISP thinking this was an issue with me or them, but after numerous tests we cannot pinpoint any issue on this. It isn't my connection that is dropping out entirely, I have ran speed/ping tests during these server drops and everything is fine.

Now before telling me to flush my dns, check antivirus/firewall, or to reset my router: I already have done this numerous times and I don't have a router with my ISP. I have made absolutely sure all proper ports are open and program permissions enabled with my firewall/Avira.

Kindajenin
07.18.2012 , 10:06 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Xephori,

Can you do the following please?

When you are logged into SWTOR, press the Alt+Tab keys together.

I know you mentioned that you have already checked your connection but I would need you to show me the connection to see if I can see any indicators that may help us pinpoint your issue.

Spoiler

Post the information on the forums if you can and include in spoiler tags. Can you also please remove your IP address from all information you post on the forums.

Thank you.

Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Sarlegant
07.18.2012 , 11:02 AM | #3
It's not his problem, it's Po5's problem... I get the same DCs on both my desktop at home, and laptop at work.
I'll be playing along at 4 bars 60 ping, and suddenly no bars watcing the ping climb to 19k... occasionally the connection recovers right back to 4 bars, often it dumps me to server select.

Someone at Bioware can troubleshoot this problem... not my job. Good Luck.

Xephori
07.18.2012 , 12:03 PM | #4
I'll do another diag to post when I can. But as I originally stated I did all that (three times over during dc's in progress) and sent it to my ISP, and the only thing they could find points to a server side issue.

Himeji_Endless
07.18.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
I was having many DC problems and thought it was internet related ... on a fellow players suggestion, I deleted this file and it worked like wonders! No error 9000 disconnects at all for 5 days now - it may not work for everyone, but this one really cleared up the problem for me.

C: Program Files (x86) > Electronic arts > Bioware > Star Wars tor > swtor > DiskCacheArena

delete that file and it may help. dont worry, the game recreates it when you log on, but somehow for me, that fixed everything.

Xephori
07.18.2012 , 01:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Himeji_Endless View Post
I was having many DC problems and thought it was internet related ... on a fellow players suggestion, I deleted this file and it worked like wonders! No error 9000 disconnects at all for 5 days now - it may not work for everyone, but this one really cleared up the problem for me.

C: Program Files (x86) > Electronic arts > Bioware > Star Wars tor > swtor > DiskCacheArena

delete that file and it may help. dont worry, the game recreates it when you log on, but somehow for me, that fixed everything.
I will try this later when I can and see if anything helps. In the meantime:

Spoiler

Xephori
07.18.2012 , 06:15 PM | #7
I tried what Himeji_Endless suggested to no avail.

This server has become virtually unplayable for me with these steady disconnects, and it took me 30 mins just to get the tracert completed because of it.
My patience is wearing rather thin having to make my friend constantly stop and wait for me to reconnect while questing together, or coming back dead when I'm playing solo.

Some form of official response on this issue would be very much appreciated.

Xephori
07.19.2012 , 07:55 AM | #8
Still waiting for some sort of response on this...

Kindajenin
07.19.2012 , 08:19 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Xephori,

Sorry for the lack of response, can I ask you to send your information into our Technical Support and can you please provide tracert, pathping and your launcherdiag.

Thank you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

TeeeBag
01.16.2013 , 07:22 AM | #10
I have been experiencing the same exact problem. I have been going crazy troubleshooting. I've changed all the cat5 cable out, bought a new router and a new network interface card, all to no avail. The issue happens just as the op described, sudden increase in ping followed by a red X and then disconnected to the server selection screen. It really makes playing this game a chore rather than a treat. Please help us stay connected mr bioware guy.