Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Earthmama
07.17.2012 , 12:02 PM | #551
Here's part 2 of elliotcat and mine's "Mix it up" prompt. This was so much fun!

Mitka, Meyali, and Ayang! (with a bit of Aric)

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
07.17.2012 , 12:12 PM | #552
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Thanks kabeone and bright_ephemera for the indexing help! This is my last week of having to wake up at 5 AM. I hope that means I have more energy...

So, Earthmama and I decided to collaborate on a story for this week! Mitka gets some help from Meyali the bad Jedi and Ayang the nice smuggler. Here is ~part 1~ and she will post part 2 a little later!
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Here's part 2 of elliotcat and mine's "Mix it up" prompt. This was so much fun!

Bravo, you two! Loved it!

Spoiler
"On your six" would be "directly/right behind you"? That sounds reasonable but I'm not at all familiar with the usage.

Spoiler
Love you, Aric.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
07.17.2012 , 12:16 PM | #553
YEah, if you think of a clock, 12 being the front, 6 would be directly behind....also it sounded very military...

Striges
07.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #554
YEah, if you think of a clock, 12 being the front, 6 would be directly behind....also it sounded very military...

Yeah, "6" is directly behind, though in current language it's most often used in connection with aircraft, since you can also be below or above (6 'o clock high, etc). I can't say whether Star Wars people consider swoops/speeders 'air' or 'ground' vehicles. That's a much blurrier line in their universe compared to ours.

Really enjoyed the story. I liked the character interaction, and especially liked Meyali with the others. Fun read.

iamthehoyden
07.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #555
Great job Earthmama, Elliotcat! Not only did the two fit together, the writing styles meshed. Good stuff!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Earthmama
07.17.2012 , 02:43 PM | #556
Thanks guys!! I know I had a blast working with Elliot like that.

Here is Catching up.

Some minor teasers/spoilers regarding my bigger fan fic The ties that bind. Featuring Avacynne my BH and Rateah, my soon to be assassin.

Catching up

Spoiler

Tatile
07.17.2012 , 02:56 PM | #557
Wrote this originally for Health, but didn't post it - I'm glad I didn't, as it seems to reflect a slightly more literal 'catching up'.

Catching Up:
Spoiler

Note: This takes place ten or so years before the current events that I'm writing about. It features Lord Sylvia Vizloch, Master Talan Istier and Master Ashari.

kabeone
07.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #558
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
So, Earthmama and I decided to collaborate on a story for this week! Mitka gets some help from Meyali the bad Jedi and Ayang the nice smuggler. Here is ~part 1~ and she will post part 2 a little later!
So wonderful, both stories warm fuzzies and girlfriends only downside is no one dropped a house on that witch.

Tatile
07.17.2012 , 04:29 PM | #559
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
So wonderful, both stories warm fuzzies and girlfriends only downside is no one dropped a house on that witch.
Who would get the shoes?

kabeone
07.17.2012 , 04:47 PM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Who would get the shoes?
Now I can't stop thinking about an Oz<->TOR mashup involving ugnaughts, but who would be the cowardly lion...