Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shield/Absord not working?

DarkSurt
07.15.2012 , 12:53 PM | #1
Just a quick question that has been driving me nuts the past couple days. I have a level 44 powertech and i have never seen flytext dislay saying that i shielded or absorbed an attack. And yes, flytext is on. I rolled a different toon the other day and would see it displayed (jedi/sith). My shield change says 40 and absorb 38. What am I doing wrong here?

LilTsar
07.16.2012 , 02:59 PM | #2
be sure you actually have a shield generator equipped (if your tank specced) as opposed to a plain generator, which dps powertechs have, with no chance to shield no matter how much they stack it.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

darthkelpix
07.16.2012 , 11:24 PM | #3
Also make sure to be using Ion Gas Cylinder.
Ichardo 65 Powertech
<The Enclave> Jedi Covenant
http://enclave-swtor.enjin.com//
http://www.twitch.tv/ichardo1/videos

dardack
07.17.2012 , 07:42 AM | #4
Also is this pvp or pve? Shielding/Absorb doesn't work on Yellow attacks which are a majority in PvP (think snipers and warriors are ones with most white damage)
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

CitizenFry
07.17.2012 , 08:34 AM | #5
The "Absorbed" flytext only happens when a "bubble" effect is taking damage for you, such as Force Armor/Static Barrier. You don't get any special flytext when your shield generator reduces incoming damage (other than the numbers being smaller).
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay