Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

CommunitySupport
07.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Gunslinger spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

Xayl
07.16.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
1. Gunslinger Sharpshooter tree: A powerful burster that should be dropped quickly and is useful in raids but is hampered by low mobility.

2.Sharpshooter Gunslinger: out and out one of the most powerful classes I have played I chew through mobs quickly and even in PvP where I am out geared by a lot I find my self able to deal large amounts of damage versus players in Warhero gear versus m recruit gear.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget

DarthTexas
07.16.2012 , 11:28 AM | #3
Play as a 50 saboteur gunslinger.

Every other 50 gunslinger I know is sharp-shooter specced and don't even consider saboteur. Since it's not widely played, it doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. When I run ops as a sab others are shocked at the amount of damage I dish out, but still stick to their sharp-shooter tree.

Great AoE, great single-target, decent mobility for a cover class. I was surprised how much damage I could dish out and thought for sure sharp-shooters would do more, but I hold my own just fine against them. Great fun, especially with all the fire we get to throw around.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Granmoffdee
07.16.2012 , 11:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

Sab Spec Gunslinger.
1. Due to being the Achilles heal of the Marauder class [current FOTM] and there being so many of them in Warzones I believe the community wrongly accuses Gunslingers of being OP. Gunslinger in general is perceived as the support DPS class i.e hold center (huttball), sit on that ledge and shoot anything that moves (Alderaan) AOE that objective (huttball,Voidstar and Denova).

2. I believe we are in a good place at the moment (cover bugs aside) we have the ability to kill and to be killed.
Our survivability has improved since the early months of the game and I am happy with most changes with exception of the ever-changing Sharpshooter top abilities which has made me give up choosing that spec in fear of yet another change.
Gunslinger - Gannér | Sneekz - Shadow (Tank)
The Shadowborne Legacy
▂ ▃ ▅ Knights Who Say Nii ▅ ▃ ▂
Tomb Of Freedon Nadd

Talyndor
07.16.2012 , 12:07 PM | #5
1. I went from SS to DF tree to improve what I saw as a reduction in DPS since the latest changes. I am solely a PvE player (I do no PvP at all).
2. I think we are perceived as a good ranged dps class, that can wear medium armor, which helps our survivability (in contrast to dps specced sages), but our overall dps is perceived as having dropped from what it used to be. I agree with that assessment. Burst dps for DF is not as good as when I went SS, and I find my over-all dps to be lower than I expected it to be.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Felioats
07.16.2012 , 12:08 PM | #6
I am Saboteur spec.

1. I think others see my spec as a bit foolhardy or selfish. AOE attacks are a great way to get agro and break crowd control in group content. Wouldn't it serve the group better to just burn down the tank's target?

2. I see this spec as useful for soloing, for the above reasons. The AOEs are great for handling groups of weak enemies.
>

AlyxDinas
07.16.2012 , 12:39 PM | #7
Gunslinger Marksman

Immobile but highly damaging. I think that the cover mechanic still has some perception as difficult to use and unwieldy at times and this would not necessarily be incorrect. I think ranged DPS holds more premium than most melee DPS in much of the most recent content (Lost Island, Explosive Contact). For PvP, I think we are often misconstrued as an easy kill do to a higher barrier into truly effective play than some classes.

Possibly among the most balanced specs in the game. What we make up for in ranged burst, we pay in a lot of areas. It is difficult spec to play well, because many players do not always use their in and out of cover bonuses (like Ballistic Dampers) to their advantage. But when the mechanics open to us are clear, we can do a lot of damage. Yet, it our capabilities never seem completely unfair. Our burst is offset by cast times and the need for set up. Although I will say that some of the recent additions to our damage output never seemed overly pressing on my mind. The spec already had a lot of stopping power.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

MRSA
07.16.2012 , 12:48 PM | #8
I agree a bit on the dps stuff, Scoundrals could use a bit of a buff. Gunslingers are great but they are made of paper from what I see as a healer. We are on par and not over any class when it comes to heals. If you think we are over powered on heals then your not playing your healer correctly. I see to many complants to nurf our heals on this forum. In my guild we have all 3 classes healing and we think that everything is on par and no one thinks anyone is over powered. Please no more nurfs.

Spuck
07.16.2012 , 12:58 PM | #9

Sharpshooter Gunslinger: In pvp, easy to kill. I am targeted by many 1st.

Sharpshooter Gunslinger: I enjoy the playstyle of this spec greatly. But I believe the damage output tends to be very low. This could be because of the abundance of certain other specs currently popular in pvp who deflect/block the Sharpshooters weapon damage (white damage).

Iwee
07.16.2012 , 01:18 PM | #10
Lvl 50 Saboteur
Advanced PvP and PvE Gear

Answ: I think most other specs view Gunslingers and in particular Sharpshooters as sitting ducks. A Sharpshooter has to remain in cover to do any major damage and half of that time you are being stunned or knocked back. The Saboteur build is much more respected now in PvP and I become a target most of the time and still end up on top.

Answ: I played Sharpshooter for quite a while, but found it way too susceptible to damage in PvP so I switched to Saboteur. I enjoy the nice long term damage aspect as well as survivability due to the great shielding the spec provides. The key is knowing how to best optimize your abilities in various situations. I do think the end-game gear is poorly speced for any Gunslinger especially Campaign gear. The stats do not seem correct and are often downgrades from Black Hole gear.