Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

CommunitySupport
07.16.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Juggernaut spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

beliglath
07.16.2012 , 11:06 AM | #2
1. I feel that my class is perceived by others as it would have no identity other than having intercede, i think ppl know that my beloved jug doesnt have anything "unique" to it and everything that a jug does another class can do it better.

2. I feel that my jug is missing something i play as a tank and i think ive said this more than enough in the past but i feel as if my jug was a low class sith outside some cutscenes and its reliance on white damage its a curse in pvp.
Ferocity

Empire LATAM Guild
A True Warrior Never Escapes From Battle

DarthTexas
07.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #3
Playing as a tanking juggernaut.

Perceived as the least useful of the 3 tank classes due to the lack of a pull ability and almost no ranged abilities. Considered the standard melee tank from every MMO that's ever existed.

Having a 50 juggernaut and a 50 vanguard, I feel like I'm missing some important tools when I'm playing as a jugg tank. I feel helpless trying to tank multiple mobs at once and in fights that require mobility I really miss the ranged abilities available to other tank classes.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

QuickBunnie
07.16.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Melee tank - I don't think many people consider Juggernaut DPS (positively or negatively). Has trouble with multiple mobs, does fine against single target bosses.

Tank specced - Patch 1.3 made group aggro possible, however, keeping group aggro is still limited to 3 abilities, 2 have 10+s cooldowns. 1.3 changes are adequate but keeping group aggro is still tough as well as boring. AoE radius is small, so using force push necessary to tighten up ranged mobs. Single target tanking is fine.

DPS (vengeance) specced - Parity with other DPS classes for single target - perhaps even a little ahead of some classes. Lags in Area of Effect DPS, but this is rarely is an issue in either PvE or PvP.

shaneledford
07.16.2012 , 11:30 AM | #5
I think Immortal is perceived as a liability compared to other tanks. Their lower threat, especially AOE threat makes DPS classes rather group with the other tanks.

I feel like Immortal is good as long as DPS knows that they need to watch their threat. This does not often work in PUG groups. I feel like it needs another Rage consuming skill to use during long fights when you end up with more Rage than you can really use.

Foenixz
07.16.2012 , 11:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. DPS:I am viewed as a liability by pugs in certain FP and against some OP bosses and that my dps is substandard. Tank speced: I am viewed at the bottom of teh tanking classes

2.DPS: I see my rage specced juggs as having a lot of utility in pulling trash and bursting down mobs. Bosses however have too many abilities and hinder my burst by having me waste a smash. Certain encounters also mitigate my burst by making me wait to use it against higher priority targets. Bombers vs trandoshans vs Kephess

Tank: I feel as if I can hold my own vs any boss/mob due to our CDs I feel as if sonic scream needs to be looked at .
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Aelrict
07.16.2012 , 11:36 AM | #7

As a tank I think others see me as unable to tank groups effectively, difficulty surviving hard hitting bosses like Kephess, and that I require overgeared healers to keep me up even on trash.

Much the same as others; I dont hold aggro on groups, I take huge amounts of damage when other tanks dont, I have a hard time positioning since I need to LOS. The only time I feel really comfortable with my ability to tank is one on one, I realize this is the main purpose of my tank, but I feel that a touch more utility would do wonders. More aoe threat generation, less reliance on auto attack, better damage mitigation or scaling mitigation with gear. A CC would be nice, marauders have one, why dont we?

Its not the easiest tank class to play, in fact its the most difficult, however I feel that we are given a bad rap by inept and or lazy players.

I've rarely ran as DPS, when I have my numbers just dont compare to pure dps or even hybrid dps classes, its a shame that the class that was meant to feel the most Star Warsesque is the one with the least utility.

DiLune
07.16.2012 , 11:43 AM | #8
1) Like others I feel like we are perceived as the weakest tank. Overgeared for a fight, I still have had healers complain that I was too squishy. (i.e. the offtank on Kephess.)

2) I think Jugg tanks work well for highly skilled players (maybe personal conceit) but that the margin for error is extremely slim. If I don't do my taunts just right or abilities just right I can completely screw up a spread out group of mobs. Also have trouble with agro when paired with well geared DPS if my "rotation" isn't exceptionally tight.

Addendum for 1 - PVE DPS - I think others also perceive us as weak, and there are fights where being melee is a liability. If you are a liability and "weak" you aren't wanted.

FalcoLombardi
07.16.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
I play a Juggernaut Tank, 31/7/2.

There's only a couple things I think need to be changed

1: Remove Intimidation and put Revenge in its place.

2: To replace it, add something like Deafening Defense, except it would make Enraged Defense cost 1>2 less Rage, and remove the threat dumping. Also make it decrease damage taken by 5-10%.

3: Dark Blood should decrease all damage by 2>4%. And Endure Pain should not make you lose health, unless you're over max in which case, if it ends while you're over max it should bring you back down to max health
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

Lymain
07.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
18 Immortal, 23 Vengeance

1) I think this spec is perceived as a capable tank in PvE and PvP. Some people know that this is a strong 1v1 spec in PvP (with mostly DPS gear), but this spec might be best known for being a great Huttball carrier.

2) I think this spec is great in PvE. I also like this spec in unranked PvP. However, in ranked PvP, I feel like my lower DPS (relative to Assassins) may be a liability.

Rage

1) This is percieved as a weak spec in PvE. On the other hand, it's considered overpowered by many in PvP as a result of the massive Smash hits.

2) I think it's a decent spec in PvP (haven't played it in PvE since 1.2), but the bottom of the tree still forces you to spend points in virtually worthless skills (Vicious Slash, Force Choke pushback, ect.)