Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

07.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

1. How do you think your Guardian spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

07.16.2012 , 11:00 AM | #2
I'm specced as tank and do plenty of LFG stuff on it.

I really get no feedback from anyone so I guess they perceive it as neither particularly good nor particularly bad. Just another tank, I guess.

The Guardian / Tank playstyle is a ton of fun. I just wish the class were better at gathering / holding AOE threat.

07.16.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3

Others know and fear me, rightfully so.

I do not discuss my spec with others especially development for fear of the nerf bat

07.16.2012 , 11:05 AM | #4
Here are my answers:

1 - Other classes (being players the right word) think about Guardians as mainly tanks and often unfit for DPS so I guess Vigilance is underrated.
2 - Playing as DPS (Vigilance) Guardian, I sometimes find the DPS output as kind of weak when compared to other classes which have greater damage output. Some non-brown gear would be appreciated. Everything is brown or brownish in color. Give us some more variety on what color is concerned. Besides that I really enjoy the class, visuals and animations.

I know the last sentences were more about the gear than the spec but still, I thought I should add those :-P

07.16.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5
1. I ran a 16 EC HM and just kept getting crushed compared to the Shadow and Vanguard. I was told guardians are no where as good as a shadow, was starting to believe it.

2. I enjoy the playstyle, just want the guardian to be a better tank.
Co-Founder of Shadow Guard
"Hoping the Mon Calamari are a playable race..."

07.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
1. The guardian vigilance spec was generally regarded as a sub-par dps spec by other people.

2. I found Vigilance to be fine as a dps spec in terms of damage and utility, but found that it was highly rotational, really just being concerned with hitting whichever ability was off cooldown at the time.

07.16.2012 , 11:45 AM | #7
1. In regular group content, the general consensus I've seen is that guardians are sub-par tanks. I haven't played another tank spec, but I hear that tanking is a LOT easier as a shadow at least.

2. I feel like my aggro generation is weak. I have to rely on somewhat long cooldown abilities (taunts, hilt strike) to generate aggro. I frequently lose aggro to my DPS or healer group members and have little recourse to reclaim it other than damage.

07.16.2012 , 11:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

Class that is not strong but weak DPS wise.Much weaker then sentinel DPS wise.
But there is a general feeling it is the worst of all
the tanks. And i agree, lack big accurasy debuff and more endurance skill etc that other tanks have+ it does the least damage of all tanks.

My spec that is mostly vigilance is a good spec and ok for both pvp/pve.I first wanted to play tank tree but i
quiqly found out it is a weak tree for pvp.

07.16.2012 , 11:55 AM | #9
I play a DPS Guardian (Vigilance) and I agree with those who have posted about DPS Vigilance Guardians.
I'm always looked upon as a sub-par DPS class compared to other melee DPS classes. Most often I'm over looked for DPS vs. a sentinel because of the added value a Sentinel brings with their group buffs. If there was some group utility that a Guardian DPS could bring to the group I think that would help immensely.
I love playing a Guardian\Vigilance spec. I do wish I could be a little more "mobile" at times. If I need to move to another group after using Force leap often times I'm walking there and that weakens my DPS. Typically its about every other Mob or group of mobs that I can use Force Leap.

Thanks for all your hard work. I <3 this game.

07.16.2012 , 12:10 PM | #10

I think other classes perceive my Guardian spec as awesome. Not only am I capable of playing well in PvP, but I can also PvP well in the same exact spec. I consider my spec a "tank" spec, but I think part of me doing is well is how I've learned to play my spec in different situations.

Personally, I love my "tank" spec. There are a few things in our advanced class tree that I would prefer to have moved around, but I understand that abilties are placed where they are in order to have balance. Overall, I've had the same spec since January and enjoy it.
Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.
Aykon - Guardian Kostial - Juggernaut