Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you not play ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do you not play ranked PvP?

vimm
07.16.2012 , 05:25 AM | #51
Because I don't have any friends!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Raansu
07.16.2012 , 05:26 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.
Before 1.2 people were
A) Expecting solo ranked queue.
B)Expecting to get rid of premades from normal warzones thus they supported ranked. Seriously I think the majority were only in favor of it because they thought it would get rid of premades from normal warzones (lol being scared of 4 man premades).

The queue is single server. Most of us knew exactly what would happen. There would be a bunch of teams that would queue for the first couple days and then after about a week they all give up and there is only 2-4 teams left and only 1-2 is actually really any good. The opposite also happened as well. People in my guild got bored and stopped logging in. Because people stopped logging in we could no longer get a full group. Since we can't ever get a full group we haven't actually done a ranked match in almost 2 weeks.

Also since most people have WH gear now since they gave us the gear in 1.2 even without ranked warzones most "teams" don't see the incentive to queue for ranked.

Totaltrash
07.16.2012 , 05:34 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Ranked warzones were over-rated. I don't play because I don't see the need to. You really get nothing out of them except a worthless number that really says nothing about you. All those who cried that ranked zones were needed now don't play most of the time. Bioware could have used the time and resources to make more improvements to pvp as a whole rather than create this ranked fiasco.

I would rather see them focus on actually balancing the classes instead of catering to this ranked BS. I mean, considering how few the ranked zones pop I think they should not even worry about season 1 for a while.
^There is a lot of truth to that.

I don't play ranked because I'm in a small guild and we have no guild team, so I would be forced to pug and I don't want to do that for competitive play. Besides, I'm fully geared since before the server merges, so I don't really have to either.

Isislol
07.16.2012 , 05:34 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Oh please, how much will the population have dwindled by then? You really think cross server queuing is the great white hope for PvP? We said that about rated, and look what a massive disappointment they are.

And LOL at "OMG they want fast PvP gear". So what? Gear shouldn't be a factor in the outcome of PvP, so fast and easy gear can only make PvP better. How does solo = no competition. Our current system is the one with no competition. Solo just means you have to be more dynamic in how you play. You can't just roll a full team full of FOTM and expect to be top dog. You have to learn to play with different people playing different classes and specs. If anything, it is YOU who wants no competition.
Oh yea, all these valor 90+ FOTM rerollers on my team.
How does getting free top pvp gear is making pvp better again? The same have been said about giving people basically free BM gear and did it make pvp better? No. You still see tons of trash players in WZs, you even see some pve'rs doing them for the gear now.
If you are pvp'er the gear will come fast enough, it's the bads or people who only do pvp daily that cry about gear holding them back.

Gnoblesse
07.16.2012 , 05:35 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
Did you not transfer? It seems all the destination servers per the xfer's are jam packed...

If you didn't xfer then you're a sadist.
I believe he plays on an APAC server which means he DID transfer. The Asia/Pacific servers, from what I've heard - DO have population issues as he describes.

And I think you mean masochist.

arkzehhh
07.16.2012 , 05:43 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
1) We play the same team over and over again. The team that wins ALWAYS wins and the other team stops queuing. No more rateds for that day.

2) Comp dependency means play the FOTM spec on the FOTM class or no one wants you.

3) Takes FOREVER to get a decently geared team together. Then you get smashed by a guild team and you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

5) Warzones are now speed based, but only for the first 30 seconds. Whoever caps the turret first keeps it. Nodes don't flip. Alderaan side turrets never flip, middle never gets capped, whoever caps side turret first wins by 5. Denova nodes never flip, whoever caps first keeps it. Voidstar doors are camped by engineer snipers/sabotage gunslingers and never get planted on. Voidstar tie break system = fail.

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?
I agree with point #4 more then anything else, Get Solo Ranked queue's in ASAP.

Raansu
07.16.2012 , 05:53 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by arkzehhh View Post
I agree with point #4 more then anything else, Get Solo Ranked queue's in ASAP.
Kind of defeats the purpose of ranked. Why would you ever want to trust a pug with your rating? And knowing BW the solo and group ranked queue's are going to be in the same queue anyways. Then instead of people QQing about 4 man premades (lmao) they will be getting steamrolled by full teams as the full premade doesn't have to worry about the lottery queue with the 4 randoms they get stuck with in normal warzones.

kitsinni
07.16.2012 , 05:57 AM | #58
It is just to hard to get 8 people together often enough unless you are in a big dedicated PvP guild. If you do manage to get a team together or pug it you are going to be going up against big dedicated PvP guilds that have been playing ranked together and have good strategies. No one wants to play against the four teams that play ranked together non-stop with a bunch of pugs.

I was really looking forward to ranked PvP but when it hit as 8 man only what it did was pull some people from my guild to go to more hardcore PvP guilds, got other people to feel like they won't ever do ranked and just quit doing PvP all together and a couple that just quit logging in anymore. Thanks to ranked we now have trouble doing our 8 man ops LOL.
Okin

Totaltrash
07.16.2012 , 06:04 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by kitsinni View Post
It is just to hard to get 8 people together often enough unless you are in a big dedicated PvP guild. If you do manage to get a team together or pug it you are going to be going up against big dedicated PvP guilds that have been playing ranked together and have good strategies. No one wants to play against the four teams that play ranked together non-stop with a bunch of pugs.
This is one reason why I quit playing League of Legends - good game, but being queued with randoms against full premades is just no fun.
Same will happen here if the solo and group queue are the same and I suspect Bioware would have to make it that way or else the group queue would have long, long waits.

Veniras
07.16.2012 , 06:25 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Same will happen here if the solo and group queue are the same and I suspect Bioware would have to make it that way or else the group queue would have long, long waits.
**** the group queue I say. They can learn to PUG, can they