Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments are broken, this game is broken.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augments are broken, this game is broken.

Evilsteps
07.08.2012 , 10:02 PM | #31
Ahh, the old "I'm right and everyone who doesn't agree is wrong" thread. Fresh and new. OP noobed it up and blames the system for his mistake. Quality stuff.......

Farleft
07.08.2012 , 10:09 PM | #32
"So you have two choices. 1) give your head a shake and realize the game is still new. or 2) go away "

Also, this is a nice message to send. First of all understand that this is what forums are for. To express discontent and content so that the Dev's know what to do to make people happy, so that they will keep playing, which means more sub fees which means more $ for them. Its a win win. If these guys taking our money are unable to take enraged crtiques then they are in the wrong business. But telling people to go away only hurts you, b/c MMO's rely on subscribers the more people who leave the less enjoyable the game will be for you as a result. So way to cut off your nose to spite your face and remember that when TOR is free to play.

The OP has a good reason to be angry and has a good reason to express his or her anger in an angry way. Bioware did a 180 on the crafting system. Yes the old system needed work and some changes made to it. It was not however completely broken beyond repair to the point where it needed to be completely changed.

Farleft
07.08.2012 , 10:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAcuteAngle View Post
I love all of you.

The ones who realize I'm not just whining and complaining >.>
Love you to. I'd urge you to stick it out a little longer though. There has been alot of discontent with this new system and if Bioware is listening and cares about their bottom line THEY WILL CHANGE IT.

I realize you already unsubbed but come back in a few weeks and see what happens.

FireballXLV
07.15.2012 , 02:00 AM | #34
As with any post that is critical of this game expect to be flamed by the fanboys for this post. I have played most of the big on-line games and this game has probably been the biggest dissapointment of any of them.

DizzD
07.15.2012 , 04:21 AM | #35
Hey Drones:
  • Money Sinks - BW themselves stated that less than 1% of players had 1mil or more credits in the bank. The idea that moneysinks were desperately required is completely wrong. The REAL and obvious reason these money sinks are in the game is to give people something to do since substantial content updates won't happen any time soon.
  • Earning Money - The average player will be lucky to find the 2hrs it takes them to do dailies on one toon, let alone hrs on end to play the market(which just like the RL markets, is highly volatile, and can make you big profits in a short period, OR simply waste your time and money). Dailies are also boring, torturously so if you do them nearly every day on multiple toons(like I do).
  • Design Flaws - Drones ALWAYS blame the player. If a system is designed to be used from lvl 1-50 yet an avg. player has to wait till lvl 50 to make reasonable use of said system...IT'S A DESIGN FLAW pure and simple.
  • In Conclusion - Alpha players will have no problem uncovering every advantage in the market using multiple crafters, price fixing, cherry picking etc. and completing dailies on multiple toons in the most efficient manner possible(1hr+/- for each toon), taking advantage of world events etc. and amassing millions in the process. BUT - this isn't about the Alpha players, this is about the AVERAGE player. If an AVERAGE player can't make use of a game system in a useful, reasonable and timely manner IT IS NOT DESIGNED PROPERLY. End of story.
Darth Dizmal
<REDDIT EMPIRE>
Death Wind Corridor
Moar Pew Pew

asbalana
07.15.2012 , 08:42 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DizzD View Post
Hey Drones:
  • Money Sinks - BW themselves stated that less than 1% of players had 1mil or more credits in the bank. ..
Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Giondi
07.15.2012 , 10:43 PM | #37
Lol.

Everyone who says that I'm wrong, I redirect you here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=494473
You know, at first I thought you were just a whiny noob, but then you posted that link. Yeah, people paying attention to future patch notes that are available to everyone and preparing for patch day... that's just wrong. I mean sure, those high numbers were only for the first day before everyone and their brother started making kits and Augments and drove the prices down. And yeah, once you sell someone all their kits and Augments, they don't need to buy from you anymore, but it's still broken... somehow...

I'm sorry, but I don't feel like I should constantly be punished for choosing Biochem as my crafting skill.
So much this. I mean, I guess you could go to the BH/Campaign vendors and buy the schematics for Exotech Stims, but they cost 20 BH comms (which is FOUR WHOLE DAYS to get if you only run a HM FP from the GF) each. Yes, they sell fast. And yes, the fact that you craft three at a time for similar material costs as the Hyper-Battles (they use the purple Medical Supplies instead of the blues) makes them cheaper per unit to produce while still selling for more than double what those do. But... someone who was paying attention got a big payoff on patch day! That has never happened in any other MMO EVER!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

Darzil
07.16.2012 , 03:46 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Does anyone know if this is true or not?
It was true months ago, when they had the guild meeting that was streamed to the web. It is unlikely still to be true.

Money sinks are important to a healthy MMO economy. Now one can always argue that the current economy isn't healthy, but that's unlikely to be down to money sinks. Most of the concerns I saw raised about the new perks system boiled down to "why can't I get all the perks I want on day one with the money I have in my pocket". It's not hard to raise money if you want it, and you can buy perks over time and work towards them. Personally the only ones I've bought are +crafting crit chance, as they will on average lower my crafting costs and increase the value of crafting sales.

Basically an MMO economy needs stuff to trade between players, and it needs money taken out. Ideally you should take out of an economy a similar amount of money as comes into it (actually somewhat less, to account for players leaving, and a bit less to allow moderate inflation - as people prefer moderate inflation to zero inflation or high inflation). Buying something from another player does not do this. Buying something from an NPC does. So money sinks include crafting missions, skill purchase, repairs, GTN fees, perks, paid legacy unlocks, ship fuel costs, etc.

The balance trick is to get the costs right, so that people feel like they are slowly getting richer, and that they are improving their characters by getting stuff, but not feel hamstrung by lack of finances, or get it so fast that they don't value the achievement (as then they tend to just quit the game as it's too easy). That isn't an easy balancing act, compounded by everyone's expectations being different.