Rank 4 Diplomacy

ValonHeler

Is there a reason that all that I'm getting most of the time is Companion Gifts and no Medical Supplies?

Makes it a little hard to level up Biochem without this stuff and I'm NOT buying it off the GTN.

Does make getting my companions to like me a little easier, but still....

The RNG is cruel, especially with diplomacy when half (or more) of the missions are useless because they effect your darkside/lightside rating. I hate when it's like Lightside Bountiful Supplies, Darkside Moderate Gifts, it's like it says SUCKA! at the end of the list or something.

Is there a reason that all that I'm getting most of the time is Companion Gifts and no Medical Supplies?

Yes. There are far more gift missions than medical supply missions. Also, as of around 1.2, many of the missions are empire or republic only. (IIRC, empire has no rich/bountiful grade 4/5 supply missions, while republic has no rich/bountiful grade 3 ones... not sure on the former, positive on the latter, as my bio is republic).

Makes it a little hard to level up Biochem without this stuff and I'm NOT buying it off the GTN.

Strictly speaking, you don't need ANY diplomacy mats to level up biochem. I would actually argue that trying to use diplo mats is just making it far more expensive than it needs to be. (if actually making blues for skill... if making 'em to sell to raise money for more learning, then carry on)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is in fact a reason. When 1.2 rolled out, Bioware decided that you (being an Imperial) did not deserve to have access to certain missions solely due to the mission flavor text.

So in essence, if you want a semi-reliable source of Diplomacy mats you will need to level a character on both factions and raise Diplomacy on those two (or more) characters. Enjoy!

Beyond the fact that Bioware is conspiring against you, the mechanism used to populate the mission queue with five missions is completely random. The problem is that the pool of available missions is stacked against you. Take a look at what you are up against (if you don't feel like following the link above).

The Grade 4 rich medical supplies missions are hiding over on the Republic side. The following are the Grade 4 Diplomacy missions for both Imperial and Republic factions. The missions unique to Imperial players will be highlighted in orange, Republic in blue. Yay more data.

Diplomacy Grade 4 missions (Imperial)

• LS 710 Abu Gift - Diplomatic Intervention
  • DS 710 Abu Gift - Justify the Means
  • LS 735 Abu Gift - Uncivil War
  • LS 775 Mod Med - Professional Courtesy
  • DS 775 Mod Med - In Bad Faith
  • LS 800 Mod Med - Toe the Line
  • DS 800 Mod Med - Money Troubles
  • LS 850 Abu Med - Bargaining for Freedom
  • DS 850 Abu Med - Court of Public Opinion
  • DS 880 Abu Med - Denial of Service
  • LS 1175 Bou Gift - The Perils of Greed
  • DS 1325 Rich Gift - Tough Love
  • LS 1325 Rich Gift - Strained Alliances
  • LS 1405 Rich Gift - Friends in Low Places
  • DS 1405 Rich Gift - Criminal Interest
  • DS 1410 Bou Med - Forgetful Minds

There are sixteen Grade 4 missions for the Imperials. Half are Gift and the other half are Medical Supplies (4 Moderate, 3 Abundant, 1 Bountiful & 0 Rich).

Diplomacy Grade 4 missions (Republic)

• LS 645 Mod Gift - Sparks Will Fly
  • DS 645 Mod Gift - Ugly Truths
  • LS 665 Mod Gift - On Both Their Houses
  • DS 665 Mod Gift - Marriage of Convenience
  • LS 710 Abu Gift - Diplomatic Intervention
  • DS 710 Abu Gift - Justify the Means
  • LS 735 Abu Gift - Uncivil War
  • LS 850 Abu Med - Bargaining for Freedom
  • DS 850 Abu Med - Court of Public Opinion
  • DS 880 Abu Med - Denial of Service
  • LS 1175 Bou Gift - The Perils of Greed
  • DS 1410 Bou Med - Forgetful Minds
  • LS 1590 Rich Med - The Great Library's Secrets
  • DS 1590 Rich Med - Spark of Secession
  • LS 1685 Rich Med - Dxun's Lost Warriors
  • DS 1685 Rich Med - Stopping the Leaks

There are sixteen missions. Half are Gift missions, half are Medical Supply missions (0 Moderate, 3 Abundant, 1 Bountiful & 4 Rich).