Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you not play ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do you not play ranked PvP?

NathanielStarr
07.15.2012 , 10:01 PM | #1
It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.

KBSIP
07.15.2012 , 10:05 PM | #2
1) getting a reliable 8 man team can be frustrating

2) the grind is faster if you get regularly paired up with a higher rated team that beats you to ignore rated altogether and go with non-ranked pvp.

3) the fights for most players edge more on frustration than fun in ranked PVP.

4) with the drain from 1-3, RWZ almost guarantees getting paired with one of the few high rated teams looking for a match up which means face stomping.

Elkirin
07.15.2012 , 10:09 PM | #3
Difficult question.

I have 3 LvL 50 chars in full BM gear or better and I find myself now only playing sub 50 PvP. I enjoy the PvP in SWTOR mostly but I strongly dislike it when mulitple people on my team start arguing with each other, they seem to be stressed out over the ranked comms grind. After a few of these hissy fits, no more ranked pop for the night.

This is not in real ranked teams as we pretty well do not have any running full time. The asia-pac servers only really support people 8 manning the ranked matches for comms. Some senior players are losing the plot and getting angry, this drives away potential PvP teams.

40 people on fleet is a very large number lately on my server.

Isislol
07.15.2012 , 10:31 PM | #4
A lot of the premades that were steamrolling regular WZs weren't as good as they thought so after losing few rated games they went back to facerolling regular WZs again. These premades don't need gear and losing is not fun so they don't queue ranked anymore.
That leaves hardcore pvp'ers sitting in long queues and finally getting matched with random trade pug. The match is not fun for either of them so after few loses and getting 20-30 ranked comms the pugs stop queuing.
This is what's happening on my server, couple of pvp guilds that were murdering opposition on their old servers just don't perform as good versus other organized teams so they're back to facerolling undergeared pugs and calling it skill.

NathanielStarr
07.15.2012 , 10:35 PM | #5
Sounds like ranked is hurting PvP more than helping...

Isislol
07.15.2012 , 10:40 PM | #6
If they made WH gear available only by playing ranked the bracket would be alive but they can't do it because there would be even more QQ from lazy/ bad players about gear holding them back.

KiranK
07.15.2012 , 10:48 PM | #7
1) We play the same team over and over again. The team that wins ALWAYS wins and the other team stops queuing. No more rateds for that day.

2) Comp dependency means play the FOTM spec on the FOTM class or no one wants you.

3) Takes FOREVER to get a decently geared team together. Then you get smashed by a guild team and you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

5) Warzones are now speed based, but only for the first 30 seconds. Whoever caps the turret first keeps it. Nodes don't flip. Alderaan side turrets never flip, middle never gets capped, whoever caps side turret first wins by 5. Denova nodes never flip, whoever caps first keeps it. Voidstar doors are camped by engineer snipers/sabotage gunslingers and never get planted on. Voidstar tie break system = fail.

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?
There's no QQing in baseball.

TheLordMaster
07.15.2012 , 10:48 PM | #8
Peoples pride got hurt big time.
Warlord Pve - Corellian Run - Formerly Sweety of Mind Trick
< Infinite Darkness >
My SWTOR Stream

Razot
07.15.2012 , 10:52 PM | #9
Its really hard to take PVP in the game serious and generally i cant help all but to laugh at the people who do.. They pay their sub so they can play or do whatever however they want but i don't have to take part in it.

I knew most wouldn't stick to it despite all the whining since 1.2 about rated. There are some really good teams out there most are super serious and are there to win and get gear for epeen and really don't like each other much cause each one is a legend in their own mind, so when they figure out that rolling pugs in recruit gear is why they win a lot they will just continue to do that while the few who will continue to do rated and succeed because they really are friends and actually like to compete and have fun and have good matches while getting to stomp the new up and coming leet epeen kids.

Vratza
07.15.2012 , 10:53 PM | #10
[QUOTE=KiranK;4858299]1)

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

This