Damage doesn't break whirlwind?

OysterCatcherr

Ok so this has happened a few times now; I have been whirlwinded by an assassin and they are able to consistently damage me without breaking the whirlwind.

I play a shadow, so I am sure I would know if there were any talents that made whirlwind unbreakable, so the only other possibilities are that a) they are hacking somehow, or b) there is some sort of lag that is delaying the breaking of the stun.

Have you guys noticed this before? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help

It's either lag, or a glitch I figure cause I believe it's happened to me in especially voidstar and civil war.

Certainly not a hack though, at least not one that I was aware of.

But otherwise not sure why it happens. By design? By accident, idk.

It's either lag, or a glitch I figure cause I believe it's happened to me in especially voidstar and civil war.

Certainly not a hack though, at least not one that I was aware of.

But otherwise not sure why it happens. By design? By accident, idk.

But I don't see how it could have been a glitch, as the assassin who cast whirlwind then started attacking me straight away, which you wouldnt do knowing it would break the stun.

It's really strange...

But I don't see how it could have been a glitch, as the assassin who cast whirlwind then started attacking me straight away, which you wouldnt do knowing it would break the stun.

It's really strange...

Yeah I don't understand it either, that when I cast it, I don't go straight to attacking them, I usually start cappign something. It's my team that starts attacking him and the whirlwind is still active.

I saw something like that sometimes, but only with wirlwind that isn't up by build( 2 point in the madness tree)

I think too that its more a lag, i usually up it in madness and i don't have this problem, when i'm in darkness, sometimes it happen a wirlwind and it don't break on damage.

Ok so this has happened a few times now; I have been whirlwinded by an assassin and they are able to consistently damage me without breaking the whirlwind.

I play a shadow, so I am sure I would know if there were any talents that made whirlwind unbreakable, so the only other possibilities are that a) they are hacking somehow, or b) there is some sort of lag that is delaying the breaking of the stun.

Have you guys noticed this before? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help

I hit you with whirlwind i sit there and do no damage to you my friends hits you this will not break whirlwind as i do no damage to the target u will stay full duration while loosing health from burst dps. Try it on your shadow and see whirlwind some one let your friend do damage you will find it will not break whirlwind. But sin have no spec to not break it. Only way to not break it is the way i describe

its not that its "broken" it was an old talent in the darkness tree that is still there, wich basicly makes your ww target take 75% dmg, but then it doesnt break. They changede the tooltip, but not the talent, I dont remember wich talent it was though :S

its not that its "broken" it was an old talent in the darkness tree that is still there, wich basicly makes your ww target take 75% dmg, but then it doesnt break. They changede the tooltip, but not the talent, I dont remember wich talent it was though :S

That sounds about right. I remember once I was messing around with practicing duels and I Whirlwinded the guy and then attacked him and it didnt break the stun, but the damage he took was much less than usual. Also, same thing if you cast Whirlwind on someone on the fire in Huttball - it wont break the whirlwind, but they will take much less damage from the fire, I think they will actually survive the whole duration of the fire.

Edited by Z-ToXiN