Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Athiss needs retuning

iBroken
12.19.2011 , 03:14 AM | #11
You have to keep in mind that some players are just bad. Maybe the tank was wearing dps gear or maybe the healer was spamming the wrong heals at the wrong time. I personally think all the flashpoints are balanced pretty well. I though Hammer Station was a little to easy. But also I run with a guild group every time so of course i will find them more enjoyable then a random.

Starte
12.19.2011 , 04:09 AM | #12
I did fight with two assasins and two sorcerers, all 4 of us was in dps spec, and none of us had done the figth before. I has lvl 18, the others were 19, 21 and 22.

It wasnt really that hard, and other then me falling from the elevator and died, we didnt have any issues until the final boss. We had two wipes, learning what was going on. The other Sorcerer was on healing all the time, i mixed it a bit both dps and helped out on healing when someone was low.
The 3th try were we got the kill, one of the assasins died when the first fire came, so we lacked some dps. We kept the fight going for a long time, just prio healing to dps, when the boss was about 5% all of us were out of force, and i died on 2%, rigth after we were lucky got the kill.

Overall, I really hate doing trash, so please dont make the phase harder, and its the first boss in the game where i thought, that was fun, so dont ruin that by nerfing it...

Cheers
Startek

Duradel
12.19.2011 , 04:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
IMO the difficulty at the start needs to be closer to the difficulty at the end. Making the beginning pulls harder, and the last ones easier. Also, I think the boss having less health would be best.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Anyone have any idea of what we did wrong?
If the tank taunts it, the -30% damage to everyone else provides plenty of cushion for the healer. Live and learn

Toccss
12.19.2011 , 05:20 AM | #14
Me and my brothers 3 manned it and found it quite easy.

Me Tank (Jug 21)
Brother DPS (Mar 21)
Brother Healer (Inq 17)
My Companion (Droid)

Most of it was easy the only boss we wiped on was the last one because the droid died, i found out later that the companion droid was "Dispelling" the DOT making the fight a basic tank and spank. Was a good challange at some points though.

Kneemo
12.19.2011 , 05:34 AM | #15
Take an assassin with you. I was assassin dps and I was able to interrupt the last boss's abilities. Honestly I enjoyed the difficulty level. Also, the flash is for lvl 21's I believe. So being under leveled is part of your problem.

Zerfalll
12.19.2011 , 06:12 AM | #16
Duod it with me as sorc and my friend as marauder. Both specced to DPS and we both had the annoying robot that spams EXCELLENT! all day out. It would appear that when you have cleanse on auto-cast on them, they remove it pretty much instantly, usually.. Not always reliable, they stopped cleansing it at some points at random. Also have to turn off auto-cast on the cast-time heal so that they don't sit around doing that when the fires come. Fairly straightforward fight. The beast was more difficult since we had no way to AoE the adds. Tons of incoming damage and KB/Fear interrupted heals so many times at really inconvenient times.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kneemo View Post
Take an assassin with you. I was assassin dps and I was able to interrupt the last boss's abilities. Honestly I enjoyed the difficulty level. Also, the flash is for lvl 21's I believe. So being under leveled is part of your problem.
You sure about that? Considering how he has "Unshakeable" buff on himself which makes him immune to interrupts. Neither my jolt nor my marauder friends interrupt did anything to his abilities. Tried repeatedly.

Gunthr
12.19.2011 , 06:24 AM | #17
Heh, me and my brothers also managed to 3m this instance from beggining till the end...

There was only 1 place we had some problems (2 champions just outside last boss, we were to low lvl for long "sap's").

Also, my bro had a npc "repaired droid" and i was running with Mako companion + npc lizard from biochem ... quite cool instance, 0 wipes.
Nt sure whats the problem OP.

Kneemo
12.19.2011 , 06:40 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerfalll View Post
Duod it with me as sorc and my friend as marauder. Both specced to DPS and we both had the annoying robot that spams EXCELLENT! all day out. It would appear that when you have cleanse on auto-cast on them, they remove it pretty much instantly, usually.. Not always reliable, they stopped cleansing it at some points at random. Also have to turn off auto-cast on the cast-time heal so that they don't sit around doing that when the fires come. Fairly straightforward fight. The beast was more difficult since we had no way to AoE the adds. Tons of incoming damage and KB/Fear interrupted heals so many times at really inconvenient times.

You sure about that? Considering how he has "Unshakeable" buff on himself which makes him immune to interrupts. Neither my jolt nor my marauder friends interrupt did anything to his abilities. Tried repeatedly.
You know what, you're right. I was confusing him with the champion level guys you fight right before him.

KurtDunn
12.19.2011 , 07:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by iBroken View Post
You have to keep in mind that some players are just bad. Maybe the tank was wearing dps gear or maybe the healer was spamming the wrong heals at the wrong time. I personally think all the flashpoints are balanced pretty well. I though Hammer Station was a little to easy. But also I run with a guild group every time so of course i will find them more enjoyable then a random.
I have no idea how you have any basis to say stuff like this for a level 19-21 instance. I was the tank, and there is almost no tank gear I can equip. The healer is a friend who I have been duoing all content with thus far.

The biggest problem seemed to not be the AoE damage, but the people being brought down by about 1000 life to the personal DoT on themselves, causing a need for massive massive heals. The healer was not using any DPS abilities, and the healer is Seer (healer) spec.

I mean maybe the two Sentinels we brought weren't performing appropriate DPS to push him down far enough before the fight dragged on too long but I don't know, because there are no DPS meters. Also, a combat log would have cleared up most of my confusion.

LordPancake
12.19.2011 , 07:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
I have no idea how you have any basis to say stuff like this for a level 19-21 instance. I was the tank, and there is almost no tank gear I can equip. The healer is a friend who I have been duoing all content with thus far.

The biggest problem seemed to not be the AoE damage, but the people being brought down by about 1000 life to the personal DoT on themselves, causing a need for massive massive heals. The healer was not using any DPS abilities, and the healer is Seer (healer) spec.

I mean maybe the two Sentinels we brought weren't performing appropriate DPS to push him down far enough before the fight dragged on too long but I don't know, because there are no DPS meters. Also, a combat log would have cleared up most of my confusion.
If you are two manning this, one of you get your healer droid out for the last boss. But its a REALLY hard fight if you bring all 4 at this level because no one has a dispell to dump the DoT.
-Jon
Platus - Imperial Agent / Operative - Healer
Rusvul -lv21 Retired Jug Tank (for now).