Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Modding Armour

VedrixSorio
07.14.2012 , 07:13 AM | #1
So I was looking at the Blackhole and Campaign armour (as a gunslinger) and it's all trash IMO. Like who do I want 150 Endurance and less than 100 cunning? Why are the main stats worse than rakata? Why does the field tech (gunslinger specific) gear have ****** stats for a DPS. I don't need 150 endurance, I'm not a tank. I wouldn't be suprised if it had absorb or something as well. So I was looking through it and was like damn, the enforcer gear has the stat distribution I want, but there's the problem of the set bonus on the armoring (which ruins its cause i think that gear is the only gear with skill armourings vs patron armourings).

So now I'm like, damn, I gotta get two sets of campaign, one for the field tech armouring, and one for the enforcer mods/enhancements. Then I thought, what if I put my enforcer campaign into a rakata field tech shells, then I came to a question I need answered.

If I put a campaign enforcer armouring into a rakata field tech shell, what set bonus do I get? Do I get the field tech bonus, or the enforcer bonus, and why?
Falx Severo -- The Guardians

Gassygunslinger
07.14.2012 , 03:19 PM | #2
I used to think the same way about endurance versus cunning. But you have to remember that it's designed for PvE. And in high level PvE, bosses HURT. Being able to be hit with an 18k attack (one shot) and survive, is just awesome.

Your healer will also thank you.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

VedrixSorio
07.15.2012 , 12:10 PM | #3
I haven't encountered that in a normal fight and I'm doing EC HM. Not sitting in AoEs, using de-taunts, and knowing mechanics avoids that 90% of the time.

Usually hitting enrage timers is an issue which is a lack of DPS.
Falx Severo -- The Guardians