Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
07.14.2012 , 10:37 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Catching Up: Derp, I meant to post this earlier. Imperial Agent Wynston (no spoilers) finds Quinn post-Warrior-storyline. 450 words.
You ever notice that in the longer stories the Quinn that is currently doing the best is the one who died?

Striges
07.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I'm sorry I missed this earlier. this was the greatest thing, I loved the mix of languages, I know people who will swear/speak in 2 or 3 languages in one sentence when inebriated. pure awesome.
Oh, and hey glad you liked this one. I had a friend whose family spoke mostly Farsi at home. Hearing her half of telephone conversations was bizarre. Part English, part Farsi, no pauses at transitions, just rolling right along.

bright_ephemera
07.14.2012 , 11:14 AM | #523
Catching Up
This is an extra part of my JK story. Remi is recovering from something that made her crazy. She gets a visit from a few friends from her past. Spoilers for JK story line Quesh and Tython.

Circular Logic
I like it. I like it lots.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I've been avoiding agent spoilers like the plague so I haven't seen as much of Wynston as I'd like (someday I'm coming back and going through them), but I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this dynamic. I hope Quinn swims in guilt and regret until his fingers get all pruney, to paraphrase a fun quote.
Wynston's thing with Quinn gets bitterly delicious after endgame. (SW spoilers here)
Spoiler

You ever notice that in the longer stories the Quinn that is currently doing the best is the one who died?
That was good for a malicious laugh.

I mean, in storylines where I get to murder him outright (hi, Nalenne), I can feel reasonably favorably inclined toward the man afterward. We had our thing, I registered my opinion, I worked out my frustrations, all's well. When I'm denied that chance to vent (hi, Ruth), I am not nice to him.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
07.14.2012 , 03:32 PM | #524
Catching Up, even more. Because a man like Wynston has many, many people in his past. Imperial Agent, 800 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Crezelle
07.14.2012 , 04:05 PM | #525
Catching Up, even more. Because a man like Wynston has many, many people in his past. Imperial Agent, 800 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
and THIS is why i haven't shoved kaliyo out of the airlock yet
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

bright_ephemera
07.14.2012 , 10:11 PM | #527
Catching Up: Quinn’s appearance forces Ruth Niral to face some stuff that she’s been putting off for a long time. 1500 words. Implicit Sith Warrior spoilers.

Spoiler

The more I think about it, the more interested I get in exploring the two major elements here. Which are 1) the unreliable narrator, as I have to think through Quinn's intentions, lay out his actions, and then describe 'em from the perspective of a person who knows what he is capable of and is 100% determined to think the worst of him; and 2) family dynamics when the child of acrimoniously divorced parents can easily kill one of said parents with his brain. Also 2a) Ha ha, the powerful Force-sensitive Imperial of yours has hit puberty, good luck with that. Makes me want to call up my parents and tell 'em they got off easy with me, back in the day.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Earthmama
07.15.2012 , 05:58 AM | #528
@Elliot,
Spoiler

Sorry for the off-topic folks..

Magdalane
07.15.2012 , 07:05 AM | #529
Wow! Look! Mags wrote something that didn't have her smuggler in it! This is my trooper and Aric, just after Ch2 ends.
Catching up

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Tatile
07.15.2012 , 09:48 AM | #530
Catching Up:
In which Broan meets up with Master Ashari after a rather long time apart.

Spoiler

It's strange, sometimes the action comes first and sometimes it's the dialogue. In this case it was most definitely the dialogue that came first.

Spoiler