Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social points. How do i get them fast?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Social points. How do i get them fast?

03.19.2012 , 12:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ScicleX View Post
You only receive Social Points or Light/Dark Side Points during conversations at the END of the mission itself, so any options you choose or rolled for during the missions will be tallied up and awarded when you finish the mission itself.
Ok ... well I turned in all the quests that day I did with the guy and STILL never got the points for them. It must have been a glitch or something because I got social points when we did *The Esseles* Flashpoint. I guess there are still some bugs to work out with the system. Either way, it's a moot point as it's long since past when I would have gotten the points or not so ... whatever .

03.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #22
Many times regardless of the group size, once the mission is complete they take off on their own to turn in mission or rather yet, they quickly leave the group so getting social pts nowadays isn't all that easy anymore.

03.19.2012 , 02:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by IlexGlabra View Post
Don't bother. I just finished a Hammer Station run and walked away with 8 social points. Whoopity doop. That was not worth spending 40 minutes putting a group together.

Black Talon with 4 people gives a lot of social points. Even if you don't win many rolls... I bet the Esseless is just as good. It's tireing though, but if everybody is there for the same reason, you just can spacebarred everything and not bother with any bonus mission. In BT, you can even use your bike and avoid some mobs.

05.22.2012 , 08:17 PM | #24
Anyone on krath server wanna team up with me to farm social points? I'm a level 33 sith marauder.

05.23.2012 , 12:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
You are incorrect. It's very simple: if you win the roll, you get 2 points for every person in the group. If you lose, 1 point for each person.
It does bug out occasionally, though. I tend to duo with a friend and several times have noticed him "stealing" the doubled points from a conversation roll that I've won.
"Homogeneity breeds weakness: theoretical blind spots, stale paradigms, an echo-chamber mentality, and cults of personality. A diverse dramatis personae is a powerful tonic against these ailments." -V.S. Ramachandran
"Relax. Stupidity produces antibodies." -Susie Derkins

05.23.2012 , 06:08 AM | #26
Cool, I just read through all of these and I gained a lot of knowledge from it. (New player). I would very much like social points, it's too bad I don't have any friends to play with, I don't mind strangers... I'd just rather do it with people I know and comfortable with. Though next time you see a BH asking to do the Esseles in the Imperial Fleet named NuKash, that's probably me.

06.08.2012 , 10:12 AM | #27
I only do Esseles with 2 people if I make a bigger group will that get me more social points?

07.14.2012 , 01:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by creamcustard View Post
I only do Esseles with 2 people if I make a bigger group will that get me more social points?

Yes. Always run Esseles/Black Talon with four in the group if you're running it for Social Points. Even if you lose every conversation roll, you'll get 4 points for every conversation choice and you'll get 8 for the ones you win. With only two people, you only get 2 points if you win a roll and 1 point if you lose.

07.14.2012 , 10:09 AM | #29
One thing I wanted to say - I've been grouped since the beginning on one character, and it took until either the end of Nar Shaddaa or the beginning of Tattooine to hit social 3 on my character.