Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grouping with my friend

jfriberg
07.14.2012 , 07:05 AM | #1
Hi! I played some SWTOR after the launch but haven't played since a couple of weeks after launch. I'm going to start playing with a friend next week. What is a good combination of classes for two players leveling together? We are dark side and neither of us want to be an imperial agent. Is it best to be tank/healer, healer/dps, dps/dps or tank/dps? We want to do both questing, flashpoints and other group activities. Is the ques for groups very long for dps/dps?

Aetou
07.14.2012 , 09:37 AM | #2
Tank/Healer with 2x DPS pets is the best idea if you want to be able to do all the content as easily as possible (including finding FP groups.) The wait for 2 DPS for a FP can be pretty long.

Tatile
07.14.2012 , 09:41 AM | #3
Queues will always be long for DPS, however it entirely depends on your preferred play style. If one of you has a preference for ranged DPS you can look at Mercenary or Sorcerer as both those classes can also heal (I must say though, Operative healing is by far the laziest I've done, so if you want to play lazy heals, you might want to look at Agent, plus it's an awesome storyline). The tanking class do have melee DPS, however Powertechs can hit from ranged, just not for much.

Pure DPS class are Marauder and Sniper, so only go for those if you know you want to DPS 24/7.

Tank and Healer is the obvious choice if you want to get all the Flashpoints all the time, then you can just run with DPS companions.