Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS...Learn to kill the heals.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS...Learn to kill the heals.

Igaduma
04.30.2012 , 06:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xPROOF View Post
Somebody please make a tutorial for new upcoming pvprs or just players in general. There has to be one out there, but marking/targeting healers for dps. Shielding your healer from tanks, and using taunts/debuffs and utilizing CC.

The misuse of CC from players can hurt a team tremendously, alot of people freak out and use their stuns, filling up resolve bars only to still be defeated.

Also a video to defending a node/door or a defending a player capping a node/door. Alot of players are visual learners, i would do this, but i lack the equipment to make such videos.

Just my thoughts.
This.
I would love such material.
I'm not very good at pvp, but I want to learn. (some) People yell L2P every chance they get, but so few ppl actually take the time to explain/teach.
Sure, some players are simply not interested in getting help and think they are god and whoever is better than them is clearly overpowered, while they are invariably playing the underpowered class etc etc etc.
But there are others, like me, who welcome instructions.

i_am_sancho
05.23.2012 , 08:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Screttle View Post
i think at the start of every WZ anyone going to heal could label themselves as a healer if its not clearly defined, it helps team play greatly in many of the WZ platforms.
That would be awesome. Quite often i end up guarding an operative or an sorcerer, and they turn out to be DPS so i just guard a Marauder or someone instead who's actually going at it. It's sad though that you can sometimes see a couple of blokes doing all the AoE heals before the WZ starts, and then the only one guarding them is yours truly. I'm not even Immortal spec...so sad. A little guarding goes a long way.

Kurfer
07.13.2012 , 11:07 PM | #13
Sometimes you have to hard switch to dps/tanks to burst down if the healers are heavily guarded though. That's the only time i'm not on a healer...

Also a good DPS knows when bad healers get scared and only tunnel vision and heal themselves...there are ALOT of bad healers in this game that only heal themselves when they take the slightest bit of damage and fail miserably to multi-task and heal teammates too. When I detect this i'll blow their dps up right in front of them and enjoy every minute of it.