Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PC Hard Crash (Freeze)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ahhmyface
07.13.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1
Hello. I am seeking help with my PC, which recently has been getting progressively worse. I am attempting to play ranked, but since I crash every second game, it tanks my rating.

The problem: PC randomly (lately every 30 min) freezes. The last image on the screen freezes, and if a sound was playing, it loops. This goes on until I hard-reset my computer. SWTOR is a major trigger for this. It has crashed a couple times outside of SWTOR, but it appears to be worst under load. There are no logs of any BSOD or hardware failure. The only record I can find in event viewer and reliability history is that I turned the power off.

What I've tried:
1. Updated chipset/lan/video/sound drivers. Tried various versions. Wiped drivers clean, reinstalled. Replaced any driver in C:\Windows\System32\ Drivers with a version 2009+
2. Updated BIOS
3. Reset bios to fail-safe defaults
4. Performed a thorough, mutli-antivirus sweep, including MBR
5. Removed any overclocking, and uninstalled all overclocking utilities
6. Reinstalled windows 7 fresh, installed all windows updates
7. Changed my ram voltages and timings to the manufacturers most stable recommendation
8. Increased voltage to my PCI-E
9. Ran memtest86 for a couple passes, no failures
9. Ran Heaven DX11 Benchmark for 3 passes on max settings with no failures

As you can see, I am running out of things to do. I need some advanced help. I suspect video card may be dying (GTX 580, less than 1 year old), but can find no real proof. All temperatures are <65C

Here is my dxdiag:

Spoiler

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
Ahhmyface- 1400 Madness Assassin
[The Bastion][/B]

Beesodd
07.13.2012 , 05:47 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Ahhmyface,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles, and I can see you have been extremely comprehensive with your troubleshooting.

It looks like it's hardware related, and due to the nature of the failure, it's not being recorded correctly.

Unfortunately, this issue falls out of the scope of our support, so I will be unable to give any specific advice on hardware toubleshooting at this level.

I am sorry I could not have been able ot assist you more.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.