Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on Load Screen.......again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck on Load Screen.......again.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JaxElcoate
07.13.2012 , 05:00 AM | #1
Hi CS,

Could really use your assistance. Game performance has been getting worse over the past week. Starting with one random occurrence of getting stuck on the "load" screen, I can no longer get into the game at all. After entering my credentials into the launcher and clicking "Play" the program proceeds to the splash screen (with the spinning animation in the bottom right corner). This is where it gets stuck. I have performed the following troubleshooting:

- Deleted all temp files.
- Run launcherdiag.exe and fixlauncher.exe
- Run the repair function in the launcher itself.
- cleared the DNS cache.
- re-installed the launcher.
- run the program from a new Win7 user profile.
- updated all Win7 files
- updated all Bootcamp files.

I am running Bootcamp with Win7 on an iMac and have previously had no issues until this past week. I have also logged a support ticket, but am yet to get a response. Please assist.

Please see a dxdiag dump below (redacted):

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

Ratae
07.13.2012 , 06:37 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello JaxElcoate,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Please ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2015 and that you have both the launcher.exe and the swtor_setup.exe added to the exceptions of your firewall and any antivirus software.

Also, disable any programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router, then attempt to launch the game again.

Finally, although I don't think this is directly related to this issue, I would suggest you update the drivers on your graphics card as your Dxdiag is showing that these are out of date.

Please let us know if this helps.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Vordion
07.13.2012 , 07:35 AM | #3
I'm having the exact same problem, unable to get in-game because I'm stuck in the loading screen.
I've let it load for about an hour and when I came back it said: "logged out due to inactivity", and gets me to the server selection screen. (Still gets stuck during loading when choosing server though)
Which leads me to believe there is connection with the server, but the client isn't able to deal with it. The swtor processes don't seem to do anything, 0 CPU usage.

I've tried all "fixes" I could find on this forum, to no avail...

JaxElcoate
07.13.2012 , 04:35 PM | #4
Eventually got in last night around 9:00pm (after 4 hours of trying). Having the same issue again this morning. Left the client on the server selection screen last night to avoid this, but when I tried to log back in to Demorra, timed out with error 1005.

I have effectively isolated my LAN (I do this stuff for a living) so can safely say there is a problem either with Demorra or with the connection to it.

CS, can you please give me the IP(s) of Demorra so I can continue troubleshooting? Is there an authentication/RADIUS server sitting before the game server? Not sure of your network topology (obviously) but it seems there would be some kind of tunnelling from the server that does authentications to the game server itself (unless they are one and the same).

JaxElcoate
07.13.2012 , 04:51 PM | #5
Just to confirm re: your suggested steps:

Please ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings: Confirmed. There have been no changes to my router settings.

Also, disable any programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router, then attempt to launch the game again: No such programs installed. Router restarted several times. DNS reset and cache-dumped.

Finally, although I don't think this is directly related to this issue, I would suggest you update the drivers on your graphics card as your Dxdiag is showing that these are out of date: The drivers installed are the latest for an iMac running Win7 in Bootcamp. I don't believe it's related to the graphics driver, however. Seems to be a connection issue to Demorra from the launcher server.

Beesodd
07.13.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi JaxElcoate,

One thing that may help is to try setting the game and launcher to run in Windows XP Service pack 3 compatibility mode. If one is set this way, and not the other, it can manifest as connection issues of this sort.

If this has no effect, I take it you mean the server Dalborra, the Ip you are looking for is: 175.45.88.182

Please note also that some players are experiencing issues with Dalborra, and we are investigating.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Abradax
07.13.2012 , 05:46 PM | #7
Same issue here.

Jedi Seer

Though many walk the path of darkness, there is true power in the light.