Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NasherUK
07.13.2012 , 10:24 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
Actually, I was running a single core... when I started it was fine, but this game *killed it* alongside with the Graphic card. I was triple logging SWG and Browsing on two different browser types and running Skype... all at the same time with my old card.

Point is, my load times have gone back to what the single core used to be a little before it died. That should not happen.
I guess you never played SWG on the hardware of it's time then.. It was probably one of the worst optimized games I've ever seen. If you even thought about upping the shadow settings the game would crap itself and even on top spec machines of the day you were lucky to use anything above medium settings.

BW need to up SWTOR's engine to directx 11 to make use of modern hardware. As it's only running dx9 it's far from efficient. The fact is with SWTOR's level of detail it whould be running smoother. Also combat seems to more than halve your fps, which I suspect is being caused by the over-done AOE effects.

Jakev-
07.13.2012 , 10:29 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
why not just play SWG if you want graphics from a decade ago?.. >_<
Man, I sure wish I could, but they shut it down for this game.
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
The Harbinger

CKNairb
07.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #63
So let me understand the question

MASSIVE arguing on the forums and at SWTOR in general about the graphics being to low and wanting a high rez, or graphics that were in beta.

Almost daily posts about the graphics being equiv to a 10 year old game.

And now people want a LOWER graphcis option
Blighton
Sith Assassin

CKNairb
07.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakev- View Post
Man, I sure wish I could, but they shut it down for this game.
No they shut it down due to low subscriber count and not making any money
Blighton
Sith Assassin

pocketthesaurus
07.13.2012 , 01:15 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by AuckaLukaum View Post
I seriously doubt anyone who says they are/have been playing this game on a single-core system. Single core processors have been obsolete for over 10 years, and even dual cores are very close close to that point. A single core processor computer can barely handle a modern desktop web browser or PDF file.
I was able to play the game on a 3gig single core, dual-threaded P4, actually. I wanted to see if it was possible, and it actually was... If 9-12fps is playable.

And my single core processor that I just described handles Firefox like a champ and can open several PDFs at once. You're really talking out of your league here.