Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to remove the stuck command timer please....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Need to remove the stuck command timer please....

ThizZDreadZ
07.13.2012 , 06:43 AM | #11
This isn't a fix for all of your problems but when /stuck doesn't work for me the first time and I am still falling never endingly, I press X and my guy sits and THEN I can quick travel out, it may or may not help any of you but if you try it out and it works for you aswell I'm glad I helped.
Click Yoda for a video guide on mezz cc stunning and come join ThizZNatioN on Jung Ma(US)

Malastare
07.13.2012 , 06:49 AM | #12
As repeated before, the timer is there to stop exploits. If you can't see how this could be exploited horribly in PvP, then you shouldn't be criticizing game design decisions. No matter what sort of other ideas you might have about "fixing" it, the absolute minimum fix would require that the command not be available at a time of the user's choosing without some sort of aggressive rate limiter.

Remember: the command is, in essence a free teleport ability. Using it needs to be very inconvenient.

KeepMe
07.13.2012 , 06:59 AM | #13
My son got stuck in the holoterminal on his ship and used the stuck command serverl times and still couldn't get out. He even tried Qing a WZ hoping that would free him but it didn't. It always brought him back to the holoterminal where he was stuck.

What did work was joining a FP which always brings to back to the fleet when you finish.

Allistair
07.13.2012 , 10:36 AM | #14
I love when /stuck doesn't move you, but gores on a timer.
Also, there shouldn't be a timer for waiting on a healer to raise you during combat.
I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. ~ Walter Slovotsky
The Order of the Dark Temple - Shadowlands Server

pipda
07.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
As repeated before, the timer is there to stop exploits. If you can't see how this could be exploited horribly in PvP, then you shouldn't be criticizing game design decisions. No matter what sort of other ideas you might have about "fixing" it, the absolute minimum fix would require that the command not be available at a time of the user's choosing without some sort of aggressive rate limiter.

Remember: the command is, in essence a free teleport ability. Using it needs to be very inconvenient.
This.

They just need to fix the crappy terrain hit detection or whatever its called in the game. I can name 3 places that are insta-stuck in the Agent ship. It has gotten a lot better though. Used to be getting stuck in everything.

With that said my mara has been stuck in his holoterminal for five days now. /Stuck is like on perma CD. logged in and out a number of times. I thought about leveling to 50 through PVP cause I am still stuck after I get out of PVP. Guess I could Q for a flashpoint and just wait it out. I don't really feel like putting in a trouble ticket. Having the GM respond to use the /stuck. Then putting in another trouble ticket explaining that doesn't work in this case and so on. I guess the reason IDC that much is the same reason I don't have an authenticator on my SWTOR account...

Allistair
07.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #16
Then give us a /death command so we can kill ourselves to become unstuck
I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. ~ Walter Slovotsky
The Order of the Dark Temple - Shadowlands Server