**PVP RANT; If TL:DR-Then it's probably about YOU!**

VandisFet

Not to get into a rant here.....oh, who am I kidding. HELL YEAH I GOT A RANT!

I have played MMO's since beta of UO and have done practically every one of them and used to be a firm believer of standing against PVP as that is the mother of the Nerf Bat. I don't do open world PVP cause sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't, if you know what I mean.

After enjoying the game and getting my first toon to 50, I had decided my next one will be PVP, after all, I like the option of it in this game vs. being forced into it, and it actually gives EXP. which is sexy, IMHO. Plus, it breaks up the monotony of the questing on worlds I've already been to with my climb to 50 PvE Toon. So, I stepped into PVP with the idea I would get crushed. All ****, all the time. But, meh, I get exp. and it is getting me by the repeated side quests.

Hey, I really am liking this. I can understand the lingo and the complaints, the builds and the nerfs, and I begin to take sides and slowly become a PVP'er. I am a convert.

Now to the rant.

I have seen three kinds of PVP'ers in my short and violent career.-

1) Those who don't know what they are doing...

2) Those who quit...

3) Those who are Pro...

I don't mind #1 as I fell into that and probably still am, but I watch and learn from each battle. I am no PVP God, but I am becoming an apostle. ;)

#3 is self explanatory. They got the gear, the tactics and the mice and keyboards at home to make their computers look like the inside of a car in a Death Race movie. I don't Hate on 'em. 'Nuff respect due...

It is #2 that Pisses me off to no end. Number 2 has to be further broken down into two distinct categories-

a)Those who quit and stand on nodes collecting medals.

b)Those who quit and leave.

First let me say this: I'd rather have #2b than #2a. If you are gonna quit, carry your non-fighting, leeching, toon arse outta the Warzone and let the server replace you with someone who will fight to the death!

Now, here is what I have to say on all this.....WARZONES ARE THERE FOR PVP! The objective is a nice distraction and gives you something to shoot for, but first and foremost is KILLING OTHER TOONS!!!

Can you hear me in the back row?

I am tired of people QQ'ing about not being able to win the whole shabang and just giving up and standing around a node like a bunch of kicked puppies! You came here to kill something? Then damn well GIT SUM! Fight until your fingers bleed and your keyboard cracks in half!. You may lose, but at least you racked up a body count!

If your poopoo hurts cause the Pro team is wiping the floor with you, then get the hell outta the Warzone and let the server replace you. Don't just stand around while they laugh. Kill something, focus fire something, DO SOMETHING! Letting them win with 100% shields and zero deaths is embarrassing and gets you ZERO EXP!

When they are passing your eyes out in Huttball and have 5 points and you are just standing at the ball respawn point, and--'Oh look, they got the ball again', that is embarrasing. and gets you ZERO EXP!

Giving up and just letting them get their way...a perfect game for them with out a sweat, or just scoring goals like you are asleep....MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH A PUPPY!!! Get the hell outta the WZ and let someone else try.

Too many people focus on the shiny medals and the bragging rights of always winning the whole thing, and when a pro team stops em in their tracks they turn into a bunch of cowards and crybabies and start the blame game and just give up.

Arrrrgh, you make me SICK!

If you see there is no more time to score or they have 4 pts and you have zero, or they have all three turrets and you have none, or they have two with 100% Shields and you are already at 30%, then it is time to initiate Scorched Earth Protocol on their asses!

What are you holding one turret for? Expecting a call from the Governer? You are already dead, TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! ZERG and RACK UP A BODY COUNT!

This is from someone who will stand in the acid or in the flamers and yank a ball carrier to me so we can die together to keep you from my goal. This is from someone who may get squashed all the time by focused fire because when my team ******* up and stays at the nod giving up, I still fight! When you see me, you know you'd better knuckle the phuk up, cause I'm comin and all I want is you dead, no matter the cost.

That is pvp. TRUE PVP!

So, keep your medals, and your 'Wins' chart. Just as long as I get Exp. from killing the other toon, I am down for the dirty rough and tumble.

If you don't want to fight, quit and let another real PVP'er git sum!

As I said already, fight till your fingers bleed and your keyboard cracks. Let there be scorched earth where you tread and leave teeth marks on the armors of the Pro's who faced you.

I'm on Ebon Hawk.

The Name's Warbride-Republic side

Ruin-Imperial side.

I'll see you on the battlefield...Win or Lose...best ta be ready to knuckle up! :mad:

/end Rant.

Edited by Wekeltes

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some matches that are unwinnable. Typically you are against a coordinated and geared premade and your team is composed of zero healers and noobs that can't even break 100k damage over a 15 minute warzone.

At that point you have two options. Sit at your one area and collect defender medals for increased rewards, or die over and over.

Hint: Dying over and over doesn't help you or your team in any way.

Edited by Kraegore

sorry buckaroo... but when I can 3 v 1 people on the other team while watching those same players 2 v 6 my teammates... you best believe i am gonna sit my butt on that node get my medals and let the match finish faster. i refuse to get my self killed over and over to teams full of people who cannot break the 50k damage mark... hell, I had one match last night where i solo capped a node from 3 enemy players, left it with 4 people on it and they lost it to 2 people... and no one on my team (except me) got more than 20 k damage.... that... is.... horrid. i will get my medals and defend a node...

There are some matches that are unwinnable. Typically you are against a coordinated and geared premade and your team is composed of zero healers and noobs that can't even break 100k damage over a 15 minute warzone.

At that point you have two options. Sit at your one area and collect defender medals for increased rewards, or die over and over.

Hint: Dying over and over doesn't help you or your team in any way.

hint standing there by your only turret also does nothing for your team. so what was your point again

This is what I am talking about. If you feel it is unwinnable, QUIT! This is PVP. The whole purpose is to defeat other players. They gave it a twist with objective based gameplay, but don't get spoiled. You are there to KILL. You won't get better if it was easy. I got better than I was at my first shot at this stuff and I am no way near perfect. I have played against hackers and pro's. And still I feel good coming out of a WZ if I got at least one kill.

Watching zeroes come up on a board because people give up is no fun at all. IF I get beat by another team, I smile and get ready for the next one. At least I can say I gave it my all.

If you are not giving it your all, GET OFF THE TEAM AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TRY.

They need a kick button on those teams. If 7 out of 8 of us give up, I'd wash the whole team out and mulligan.

Otherwise, why are you there?

Medals?

It is a War Zone, not a shopping mall.

You lose nothing from death. NOTHING!

No corpse run, no Rez sickness, not even equipment damage!

So, why sit back and just give in?

Also, a pro team, when they see your heart pumps cool-aid, will simply come and take your one turret left, anyway just so they can screenshot the ultra perfect an post it on the forums.

Play hard, or go watch the Lifetime channel. :mad:

This is what I am talking about. If you feel it is unwinnable, QUIT! This is PVP. The whole purpose is to defeat other players. They gave it a twist with objective based gameplay, but don't get spoiled. You are there to KILL. You won't get better if it was easy. I got better than I was at my first shot at this stuff and I am no way near perfect. I have played against hackers and pro's. And still I feel good coming out of a WZ if I got at least one kill.

Watching zeroes come up on a board because people give up is no fun at all. IF I get beat by another team, I smile and get ready for the next one. At least I can say I gave it my all.

If you are not giving it your all, GET OFF THE TEAM AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TRY.

They need a kick button on those teams. If 7 out of 8 of us give up, I'd wash the whole team out and mulligan.

Otherwise, why are you there?

Medals?

It is a War Zone, not a shopping mall.

You lose nothing from death. NOTHING!

No corpse run, no Rez sickness, not even equipment damage!

So, why sit back and just give in?

Also, a pro team, when they see your heart pumps cool-aid, will simply come and take your one turret left, anyway just so they can screenshot the ultra perfect an post it on the forums.

Play hard, or go watch the Lifetime channel. :mad:

You take the game way too serious kid.

Losing and getting no rewards

Losing and getting some rewards

Second hint: There is a right answer.

Edited by Kraegore

That was a good rant, got a good laugh. Felt like that last night when I saw people farming a node for medals when we started to lose, first time I saw that on my server. Then saw it happen in 3 other warzones after that. When I asked why there were doing that they basically said it was to get their medals so they get their commendations so they can get better PvP gear. I know we could go on and on that gear doesn't matter only skill does but let’s talk about fixing the problem.

The problem is some people will do anything to just get more commendations to get the better PvP gear. The main parts of this problem is getting a few easy medals for giving up and hindering your team while getting face rolled by the better team and the better PvP gear gained by commendations from doing Warzones.

WE could do something about the defender medals like the person here recommended http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=491481 by splitting up the defender points among all the people at the node.

Or we could do something about the better PvP gear/commendations. We could just make it so the commendations are no longer specific to what endgame gear you can buy with them. The commendations you receive from doing level 50 Warzones and from doing endgame Falshpoints and Operations could be used to buy both kinds of gear with different levels of difficulty commendations earned by doing really good in a Warzone (the determinate of this could be a problem) or by doing harder Operations. Or we could keep the current commendation system and change the gear and get rid of the Expertise stat, making the gear no longer specific to a type of gameplay. Either way some of the node farmers in warzones will realize that it would be faster to get into nightmare flashpoints and do Operation to get better gear. Now before someone miss quotes me and goes on a rant I want to emphasize that I said FASTER not EASIER. Finding a group that could hold their hand and babysit them through Flashpoints and Operations would be faster than farming a node in PvP for 4 medals; the group could even help them learn how to play their class (look a win-win for everyone).

But in the meantime here is a link to help you people who can even call farming a node in PVP a strategy http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=451701. This guide should be a mandatory read before anyone can even queue for a warzone.

That was a good rant, got a good laugh. Felt like that last night when I saw people farming a node for medals when we started to lose, first time I saw that on my server. Then saw it happen in 3 other warzones after that. When I asked why there were doing that they basically said it was to get their medals so they get their commendations so they can get better PvP gear. I know we could go on and on that gear doesn't matter only skill does but let’s talk about fixing the problem.

The problem is some people will do anything to just get more commendations to get the better PvP gear. The main parts of this problem is getting a few easy medals for giving up and hindering your team while getting face rolled by the better team and the better PvP gear gained by commendations from doing Warzones.

WE could do something about the defender medals like the person here recommended http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=491481 by splitting up the defender points among all the people at the node.

Or we could do something about the better PvP gear/commendations. We could just make it so the commendations are no longer specific to what endgame gear you can buy with them. The commendations you receive from doing level 50 Warzones and from doing endgame Falshpoints and Operations could be used to buy both kinds of gear with different levels of difficulty commendations earned by doing really good in a Warzone (the determinate of this could be a problem) or by doing harder Operations. Or we could keep the current commendation system and change the gear and get rid of the Expertise stat, making the gear no longer specific to a type of gameplay. Either way some of the node farmers in warzones will realize that it would be faster to get into nightmare flashpoints and do Operation to get better gear. Now before someone miss quotes me and goes on a rant I want to emphasize that I said FASTER not EASIER. Finding a group that could hold their hand and babysit them through Flashpoints and Operations would be faster than farming a node in PvP for 4 medals; the group could even help them learn how to play their class (look a win-win for everyone).

But in the meantime here is a link to help you people who can even call farming a node in PVP a strategy http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=451701. This guide should be a mandatory read before anyone can even queue for a warzone.

Changing gear and removing expertise has been done to death. PvEers don't want PvPers in their shiny Campaign gear and PvPers don't want raiders in their WH. Similarly. PvEers don't want to have to PvP for PvE gear and vice versa. Tweaking defender points hurts people, if you divide it amongst everyone there and you are getting smashed by 6 of them, you're losing out. If you make it per kill and they ignore you, you're losing out. I personally really like the huttball system for objective points. The only WZ where objective/defender points is an issue is CW and thats because after a point you need to 3 cap to win. That almost never happens and the outcome is decided a well before the WZ ends.

In terms of the OP: PvP in SWTOR is about objectives, not zerging. You also mentioned you are getting XP from WZ so I assume you are sub-50. Please wait until you reach 50 with its massive gear gap before you decide that camping a defence point is bad. By throwing yourself at the enemy and dying you are giving them more medals and comms so they can get more gear and own you even more. You are also preventing yourself from getting as many medals and comms and hurting yourself.

That said: I won't give up until the game is won. In Civil War thats when we are on half their health, then I'll go acmp defender points. For everything else its to the death. I also run a tank in PvP so I am naturally a defender unless we have a couple of newbies. They can sit there and call incoming while I go help my team stay alive.

I'm on Ebon Hawk.

Ruin-Imperial side.

I'll see you on the battlefield...Win or Lose...best ta be ready to knuckle up! :mad:

/end Rant.

Looking forward to seeing you in the warzones. Can't miss me. I'll be the whirlwind of blades scattering troopers, smugglers, and consulars alike. As for your rant, I agree, especially the part regarding the leeches that tap out the moment something goes wrong early on. Also, one last thing. It's up to us good people to work on strengthening our community so that we're richer for the experiences. :D

Ichaerus Illrath - Ebon Hawk, Imperial side

Edited by coldserpent

Okay, so I don't rack up more than 100k in damage, but I'm learning and I'm only just a level 31 operative. However, I don't learn to be better by everyone sitting at the taken node. And just yesterday, I did get my butt kicked by 2 jedi, who took the node I was defending., But I rez'd and went back and kicked their behinds back to coruscant and retook my node on my own. Sign #1 that I'm improving. (and yes, I call out inc's).

So, I really do not appreciate it when 5 members of my team DO NOT EVEN TRY to win, but sit at the node that I TOOK. Stupid.

I am going to make a suggestion that there be a limited number of guard spots so only guards get medals and the rest of the group who's screwing around dancing on the node, don't. These people don't even try to give the game a chance. I can see going to the node when the game is nearly lost, but if it's just starting, get your butt out there, kill some republic dogs, and bloody well give em a good fight. I think it's far better to go out and die trying them sit on your bum and collect medals. Maybe there should be more medals for damage done.

Now to the rant.

2) Those who quit...

3) Those who are Pro...

You forgot type:

4) Trolls who tell 3 to s.t.f.u when they try and give the pug group direction so they don't lose.

Seriously. Nothing worse than marknig healer saying "MERC HEALER MARKED CROSSHAIR" and having no one notice. So you telll them to get off the Jugg who's obviously being healed and go after the Merc so a Jugg/Merc team doesn't school 4 of them and having some BK randy tell you to shut up and that pvp is just a game. Like really? GTFOut of my pvp badkids.

Edited by PhaedrusGrey

In pugs if I see the loss oncoming I'm going to a turret to get defensive medals. if my team lets themselves get threecapped by sending me solo to a turret and me getting mez-locked by an operative/assassin combo, I'm just flat out quitting because they aren't worth playing with.

Not to get into a rant here.....oh, who am I kidding. HELL YEAH I GOT A RANT!

I have played MMO's since beta of UO and have done practically every one of them and used to be a firm believer of standing against PVP as that is the mother of the Nerf Bat. I don't do open world PVP cause sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't, if you know what I mean.

After enjoying the game and getting my first toon to 50, I had decided my next one will be PVP, after all, I like the option of it in this game vs. being forced into it, and it actually gives EXP. which is sexy, IMHO. Plus, it breaks up the monotony of the questing on worlds I've already been to with my climb to 50 PvE Toon. So, I stepped into PVP with the idea I would get crushed. All ****, all the time. But, meh, I get exp. and it is getting me by the repeated side quests.

Hey, I really am liking this. I can understand the lingo and the complaints, the builds and the nerfs, and I begin to take sides and slowly become a PVP'er. I am a convert.

Now to the rant.

2) Those who quit...

3) Those who are Pro...

I don't mind #1 as I fell into that and probably still am, but I watch and learn from each battle. I am no PVP God, but I am becoming an apostle. ;)

#3 is self explanatory. They got the gear, the tactics and the mice and keyboards at home to make their computers look like the inside of a car in a Death Race movie. I don't Hate on 'em. 'Nuff respect due...

It is #2 that Pisses me off to no end. Number 2 has to be further broken down into two distinct categories-

b)Those who quit and leave.

First let me say this: I'd rather have #2b than #2a. If you are gonna quit, carry your non-fighting, leeching, toon arse outta the Warzone and let the server replace you with someone who will fight to the death!

Now, here is what I have to say on all this.....WARZONES ARE THERE FOR PVP! The objective is a nice distraction and gives you something to shoot for, but first and foremost is KILLING OTHER TOONS!!!

Can you hear me in the back row?

I am tired of people QQ'ing about not being able to win the whole shabang and just giving up and standing around a node like a bunch of kicked puppies! You came here to kill something? Then damn well GIT SUM! Fight until your fingers bleed and your keyboard cracks in half!. You may lose, but at least you racked up a body count!

If your poopoo hurts cause the Pro team is wiping the floor with you, then get the hell outta the Warzone and let the server replace you. Don't just stand around while they laugh. Kill something, focus fire something, DO SOMETHING! Letting them win with 100% shields and zero deaths is embarrassing and gets you ZERO EXP!

When they are passing your eyes out in Huttball and have 5 points and you are just standing at the ball respawn point, and--'Oh look, they got the ball again', that is embarrasing. and gets you ZERO EXP!

Giving up and just letting them get their way...a perfect game for them with out a sweat, or just scoring goals like you are asleep....MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH A PUPPY!!! Get the hell outta the WZ and let someone else try.

Too many people focus on the shiny medals and the bragging rights of always winning the whole thing, and when a pro team stops em in their tracks they turn into a bunch of cowards and crybabies and start the blame game and just give up.

Arrrrgh, you make me SICK!

If you see there is no more time to score or they have 4 pts and you have zero, or they have all three turrets and you have none, or they have two with 100% Shields and you are already at 30%, then it is time to initiate Scorched Earth Protocol on their asses!

What are you holding one turret for? Expecting a call from the Governer? You are already dead, TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! ZERG and RACK UP A BODY COUNT!

This is from someone who will stand in the acid or in the flamers and yank a ball carrier to me so we can die together to keep you from my goal. This is from someone who may get squashed all the time by focused fire because when my team ******* up and stays at the nod giving up, I still fight! When you see me, you know you'd better knuckle the phuk up, cause I'm comin and all I want is you dead, no matter the cost.

That is pvp. TRUE PVP!

So, keep your medals, and your 'Wins' chart. Just as long as I get Exp. from killing the other toon, I am down for the dirty rough and tumble.

If you don't want to fight, quit and let another real PVP'er git sum!

As I said already, fight till your fingers bleed and your keyboard cracks. Let there be scorched earth where you tread and leave teeth marks on the armors of the Pro's who faced you. Trust me, a true warrior has a lot more respect for you if you don't give up, then if you just take it like a drunk sorority chick at an after party.

I'm on Ebon Hawk.

Ruin-Imperial side.

/end Rant.

I love it and wish there were thousands more people like you

After googling what TLDR actually meant, I really dislike these kind of modern acronyms, I took the time to read your whole post and spotted the fundamental flaw in your approach to warzones.

Allow me to correct the above.

Now, here is what I have to say on all this.....WARZONES ARE THERE FOR PVP! The objectives are everything and gives you something to learn how to achieve with regularity, and first and foremost warzones are NOT FOR KILLING OTHER TOONS!!! There is no place for duellists within a winning team.

If you are unlucky enough to find yourself in a PUG with duellists, you may as well leave and requeue, considering low queue times, there is no point wasting time, playing with people who do not understand why they clicked ENTER WARZONE in the first place.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

You forgot type:

4) Trolls who tell 3 to s.t.f.u when they try and give the pug group direction so they don't lose.

Seriously. Nothing worse than marknig healer saying "MERC HEALER MARKED CROSSHAIR" and having no one notice. So you telll them to get off the Jugg who's obviously being healed and go after the Merc so a Jugg/Merc team doesn't school 4 of them and having some BK randy tell you to shut up and that pvp is just a game. Like really? GTFOut of my pvp badkids.

I totally agree

But #3 can be devided in a) and b) as well:

#3a) Pro's who give advice, explain things if someone asks

#3b) Pro's who answer on questions: Noobs, L2P

Allow me to correct the above.

Now, here is what I have to say on all this.....WARZONES ARE THERE FOR PVP! The objectives are everything and gives you something to learn how to achieve with regularity, and first and foremost warzones are NOT FOR KILLING OTHER TOONS!!! There is no place for duellists within a winning team.

If you are unlucky enough to find yourself in a PUG with duellists, you may as well leave and requeue, considering low queue times, there is no point wasting time, playing with people who do not understand why they clicked ENTER WARZONE in the first place.

That's right, but if you sit on one node, while the other two are under enemy control, you're not doing objectives.

(Except for the 1-2 defenders)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

****Now, here is what I have to say on all this.....WARZONES ARE THERE FOR PVP! The objectives are everything and gives you something to learn how to achieve with regularity, and first and foremost warzones are NOT FOR KILLING OTHER TOONS!!! There is no place for duellists within a winning team.*****

This was funny. I like how you did that to my words...even changed the color....cute, however...wrong.

Objective based games are designed to achieve a goal while capitalizing on certain skill sets and allowing learned fluidity of actions based on those skill sets and repetition of the same actions. That is PVE at its core. The environment is static and actions can be predicted as the Non Player Characters will perform the same way each time. The more you repeat, the more you learn, adapt and overcome.

PVP is the idea of achieving a certain goal which centers around the act of defeating another Player's Character rather than a pre-programmed Non Player Character. The environment itself remains static, however, the actions of the enemy players within that environment are unpredictable, to a certain extent, and therefor, dynamic. Their job is to prevent you from achieving your goal by killing your character. Yours is to retaliate just the same. Hence it is a War Game. Player Versus Player War Game.

So, to say that when a person selects to enter a War Zone for Player Vs. Player combat and objectives should know what they are getting into, is to say that they should know that they are facing other players who will try to kill them to achieve victory and that they should do the same.

To think otherwise is a special kind of stupid.

Trust me.....NOBODY clicks 'Enter War Zone' thinking that to win all they have to do is sit at a Nod or Turret. The idea of PVP should be self explanatory that they will enter into a zone where other players will attack and try to defeat their character on sight. You make it seem that to be considered a Duelist is to already be considered a bad player.

That can not be further from the truth. PVP is a Duel. Whether the objective is to defeat another team to become 'King of the Hill' or to battle across a field of deadly traps to get the ball to the other side, you must duel another player to achieve this. You must show knowledge of your own character and a willingness to work as part of a whole in a team setting....but if you don't know how to fight back...duel, if you will...then it is you, sir, who should be the one who needs to understand what it means to click the 'Enter War Zone' button.

My main point still stands.

By your logic, it is perfectly acceptable to enter a PVP War Zone and just sit at a node. If both teams just did that, what kind of PVP would that be?

And to the other OP's who say that people enter WZ's for the purpose of getting medals by sitting at a node, I say that that should be made clear at the beginning while everyone is standing around getting pumped up to begin the match. Just say "Um, guys. I'm just gonna sit at a node and get medals, not fight or assist in any way..."

Go on....say it....I dare ya.:mad:

A War Zone where nobody goes to War...a PVP zone where nobody PVP's...Hmm, why not? After all, you said it yourself trying to clown me:

~The objectives are everything and gives you something to learn how to achieve with regularity, and first and foremost warzones are NOT FOR KILLING OTHER TOONS!!!~

Kick rocks, Cupcake, and let the Big Boys get their rumble on.

This game is based on gear progression and WZ's are not for PVP they are for entry level HM FP gear or Higher level of PVP gear..

I hate it as well but it is what it is and i just don't care anymore.

I would be willing to bet you are the only guy in the whole game that thinks WZ's are for PVP...lol

This game is based on gear progression and WZ's are not for PVP they are for entry level HM FP gear or Higher level of PVP gear..

I hate it as well but it is what it is and i just don't care anymore.

I would be willing to bet you are the only guy in the whole game that thinks WZ's are for PVP...lol

The average not-wh geared player is like a thrash mob to the wh geared players.

Recruit: Weak/Standard

BM: Strong/Elite

WH: Champion/Boss

(Always depends on the class)

Okay, so I don't rack up more than 100k in damage, but I'm learning and I'm only just a level 31 operative. However, I don't learn to be better by everyone sitting at the taken node. And just yesterday, I did get my butt kicked by 2 jedi, who took the node I was defending., But I rez'd and went back and kicked their behinds back to coruscant and retook my node on my own. Sign #1 that I'm improving. (and yes, I call out inc's).

So, I really do not appreciate it when 5 members of my team DO NOT EVEN TRY to win, but sit at the node that I TOOK. Stupid.

I am going to make a suggestion that there be a limited number of guard spots so only guards get medals and the rest of the group who's screwing around dancing on the node, don't. These people don't even try to give the game a chance. I can see going to the node when the game is nearly lost, but if it's just starting, get your butt out there, kill some republic dogs, and bloody well give em a good fight. I think it's far better to go out and die trying them sit on your bum and collect medals. Maybe there should be more medals for damage done.

I agree. You don't learn to be a better player by sitting at an idle node with four other players. You learn to be a better player by actually fighting. I constantly learn new tactics and counters by watching other players. And fighting other players. And just FYI to the under geared, it doesn't matter if you are in fully augmented warhero, a good team can focus fire you in seconds if your whole team isn't on the ball with taunts, guards, heals, stuns, mezes, dps, etc. So you can't just say well I will be better when I get the gear. It does not work that way.