Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elliotcat's Avatar


elliotcat
07.12.2012 , 04:35 PM | #501
I'm going to post the new prompt a day early this week because my job put me on tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 3 PM, and it's gonna suck. By the time I get home I'll have to deal with Elliot flipping out all evening, 'cause he freaks when I'm not there. My cat is super neurotic.

I got an idea to try something a little different, so I'll post one regular prompt and one ~special~ challenge. Bear with me and we'll try it out and see how it works.

7/13/12
Catching Up - Pretty much all of our characters have pasts that might catch up with them in the future. Sometimes that's not a good thing, like seeing an old enemy. Sometimes it's great, when an old friend comes to help you when you need it. Either way, it's bound to be interesting.

Mix It Up - For this challenge you can write anything you like. The catch? Someone else's character has to be in it along with yours. It can be your friend's or someone else in the thread as long as you have gotten their permission and as long as your story involves your character and another player character that you don't play - NPCs, companions, etc don't count. Get creative with this one and see what cool stuff you can come up with. We have some really talented minds in here and I'm sure people will come up with some awesome stories.


Also: Thanks everyone for 500 posts!!! Love you all so much! <3 btw, if anyone moved to Drooga's Pleasure Barge, send me a PM and we can meet up and hang out! It will be super fun!

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Striges's Avatar


Striges
07.12.2012 , 04:56 PM | #502
Well, not to derail the thread from Corso—nice story Elliotcat, that bit in Corso’s dialog just begged for a followup—but I have an actual submission for the prompt this time.

*sob* I really didn't want to be the only one posting from the previous prompt on the last day after the next prompt was announced Curse the forum profanity filter starring out parts of perfectly good words. And having to go in and manually italicize from my word file.

Prompt “Communication Breakdown”

Title: “Coming Down”

Characters: Rixik (Bounty Hunter), Mako, 2V-R8.

Yes, that’s right, I actually wrote something involving the ship droid.

This follows “Recreational Pharma”, since I did get something of a request for it:

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
It'd be interesting to see the effects of all that crap after the job - I can't imagine that it's a pleasant experience.)
It does tie to this week’s theme, if at an oblique angle. Sorry to write so much with this guy recently. He’s the character I’m playing the most right now.

No spoilers.

Spoiler


Notes:
Spoiler

Eanelinea's Avatar


Eanelinea
07.12.2012 , 05:41 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I'm going to post the new prompt a day early this week because my job put me on tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 3 PM, and it's gonna suck. By the time I get home I'll have to deal with Elliot flipping out all evening, 'cause he freaks when I'm not there. My cat is super neurotic.

I got an idea to try something a little different, so I'll post one regular prompt and one ~special~ challenge. Bear with me and we'll try it out and see how it works.

7/13/12
Catching Up - Pretty much all of our characters have pasts that might catch up with them in the future. Sometimes that's not a good thing, like seeing an old enemy. Sometimes it's great, when an old friend comes to help you when you need it. Either way, it's bound to be interesting.

Mix It Up - For this challenge you can write anything you like. The catch? Someone else's character has to be in it along with yours. It can be your friend's or someone else in the thread as long as you have gotten their permission and as long as your story involves your character and another player character that you don't play - NPCs, companions, etc don't count. Get creative with this one and see what cool stuff you can come up with. We have some really talented minds in here and I'm sure people will come up with some awesome stories.


Also: Thanks everyone for 500 posts!!! Love you all so much! <3 btw, if anyone moved to Drooga's Pleasure Barge, send me a PM and we can meet up and hang out! It will be super fun!
These are great, but I couldnt do Mix it Up. Don't know people's characters well enough to do so. Plus, I still need to play catch up myself and write for the past submissions. Been entrenched with getting my girls all to 50. Must have 8 50s.
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 50 Shadow (t), 43 Gunslinger (male), 30 Sin (t), 12 Guardian (t) on Shadowlands

Ellyria's Avatar


Ellyria
07.12.2012 , 05:45 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
You know what, Bright? You've inspired me to have my Fem Smug ditch Corso and romance Cole Cantarus for a story. I love Cole and thought it was an absolute crime that my Fem Trooper couldn't flirt with him. If Aric was off the table for whatever reason, my Trooper would have gone after Cole so hard, he would have felt the breeze before realizing he was naked.

I'll work on this and when the prompt is right I'll put it out there. Thanks for the excuse to get in some Cole action!
Mmmm, Cole Cantarus. I was so bummed there was never any follow-up for that guy. My first smuggler, Mysterica, was a straight light side, Republic favored, never cheat/flirt kind of girl... until I got to Corellia and met Cole. Then I took some dark side options that pleased him and Myst gave him puppy eyes whenever she saw him. I've told my guild that Myst's boyfriend is Cole, actual storyline and Corso be damned. He's in the "I WANT IT" pile along with Sanju Pyne, Aristocra Saganu, Chance, Jonas Balkar, and Captain Biron.

In other words, I can't wait for your story. Carry on.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

Magdalane's Avatar


Magdalane
07.12.2012 , 09:59 PM | #505
Mix it Up-- This is about my smuggler and my friend's JK and his smuggler, who we RP as cousins. Mina had the misfortune to run into trouble in a back alley near a dive cantina on Tatooine, and Miriah hears about it and goes to exact revenge. Obo and Mina belong to someone else, but I have his permission to use them. Here's his original story: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=mina. And here's the follow up that I wrote:

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Earthmama's Avatar


Earthmama
07.13.2012 , 06:33 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I'm going to post the new prompt a day early this week because my job put me on tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 3 PM, and it's gonna suck. By the time I get home I'll have to deal with Elliot flipping out all evening, 'cause he freaks when I'm not there. My cat is super neurotic.

I got an idea to try something a little different, so I'll post one regular prompt and one ~special~ challenge. Bear with me and we'll try it out and see how it works.

7/13/12
Catching Up - Pretty much all of our characters have pasts that might catch up with them in the future. Sometimes that's not a good thing, like seeing an old enemy. Sometimes it's great, when an old friend comes to help you when you need it. Either way, it's bound to be interesting.

Mix It Up - For this challenge you can write anything you like. The catch? Someone else's character has to be in it along with yours. It can be your friend's or someone else in the thread as long as you have gotten their permission and as long as your story involves your character and another player character that you don't play - NPCs, companions, etc don't count. Get creative with this one and see what cool stuff you can come up with. We have some really talented minds in here and I'm sure people will come up with some awesome stories.


Also: Thanks everyone for 500 posts!!! Love you all so much! <3 btw, if anyone moved to Drooga's Pleasure Barge, send me a PM and we can meet up and hang out! It will be super fun!
My goodness, my goodness, so many ideas!! And I feel you on the neurotic cat, we have 2.

elliotcat's Avatar


elliotcat
07.13.2012 , 07:52 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
My goodness, my goodness, so many ideas!! And I feel you on the neurotic cat, we have 2.
I have 5 cats total; I'm a rescuer and also a crazy cat lady. But Elliot is my special neurotic boy. He was feral and I took him inside, now he's tame but he's REALLY bonded with me. He thinks I am literally his mother and he likes to follow me around and talk to me. Being gone all day, he's going to want to tell me sooooo much stuff when I get home. He's nuts.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Earthmama's Avatar


Earthmama
07.13.2012 , 09:45 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I have 5 cats total; I'm a rescuer and also a crazy cat lady. But Elliot is my special neurotic boy. He was feral and I took him inside, now he's tame but he's REALLY bonded with me. He thinks I am literally his mother and he likes to follow me around and talk to me. Being gone all day, he's going to want to tell me sooooo much stuff when I get home. He's nuts.
Our neighbors 2 females (unfixed, idiots) each had a litter, there are thirteen kittens next door who are needing homes, I can't tell you how hard it is not to go over there and just scoop up a handful of kittens and bring them home. My husband put his foot down, no more cats, but still it's hard especially since my 3 year old is so cute and mushy around them, and even harder when he says, "Awwww mommy, baby Kitty (Only he can't say K all that well so replace k with t)!! I have one?" I also have serious baby fever, baby anything, I want a puppy, a kitten, another baby....my hormones are doing bad things to me.

lol, anyways sorry for the off topic. I know we've mentioned it in passing, but let me know if you really want to try a Mitka, Ardyth/Ayang, Meylani (I know that's wrong) collaboration. Could be fun.

elliotcat's Avatar


elliotcat
07.13.2012 , 10:11 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Our neighbors 2 females (unfixed, idiots) each had a litter, there are thirteen kittens next door who are needing homes, I can't tell you how hard it is not to go over there and just scoop up a handful of kittens and bring them home. My husband put his foot down, no more cats, but still it's hard especially since my 3 year old is so cute and mushy around them, and even harder when he says, "Awwww mommy, baby Kitty (Only he can't say K all that well so replace k with t)!! I have one?" I also have serious baby fever, baby anything, I want a puppy, a kitten, another baby....my hormones are doing bad things to me.

lol, anyways sorry for the off topic. I know we've mentioned it in passing, but let me know if you really want to try a Mitka, Ardyth/Ayang, Meylani (I know that's wrong) collaboration. Could be fun.
Yes please!! Send me a pm and we'll figure out how we want to do it.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
07.13.2012 , 10:53 PM | #510
Catching Up: Quinn’s appearance forces Ruth Niral to face some stuff that she’s been putting off for a long time. 1500 words. Implicit Sith Warrior spoilers.


Spoiler



Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.