Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Tommi-Jon
05.05.2012 , 08:22 AM | #401
I'm just starting to craft and reverse engineer items by synthweaving and honestly a little overwhelmed with the process at this point. Question if you have a cirt item with an augment slot, but no slicing, is there another way to get the schematic to augment?

Frog_brains
05.07.2012 , 10:03 AM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommi-Jon View Post
I'm just starting to craft and reverse engineer items by synthweaving and honestly a little overwhelmed with the process at this point. Question if you have a cirt item with an augment slot, but no slicing, is there another way to get the schematic to augment?
you can A) buy from gtn

b) ask a guildy to craft one for you

c) have an alt toon with slicing or cybertech make you one

Ciridemarr
05.11.2012 , 10:36 PM | #403
I got from my guildies prototype Entropic Reaction D Implant - lev 50, BoE,http://db.darthhater.com/items/2043/...ion_d_implant/
When I highlight it while trying to RE I don't see it avaible for learning schematic.
Is this a bug that we can't RE it or work as intended?

Hugs
Ciri

Vrock
05.14.2012 , 12:29 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by Ciridemarr View Post
I got from my guildies prototype Entropic Reaction D Implant - lev 50, BoE,http://db.darthhater.com/items/2043/...ion_d_implant/
When I highlight it while trying to RE I don't see it avaible for learning schematic.
Is this a bug that we can't RE it or work as intended?

Hugs
Ciri
That's not a crafted item...it's likely a quest reward or loot drop, and most of those are not able to be RE'd to get a schematic from them....

Frog_brains
05.15.2012 , 12:46 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
That's not a crafted item...it's likely a quest reward or loot drop, and most of those are not able to be RE'd to get a schematic from them....
it's a loot item we get them all the time from the lock boxes on the daily quest heroics missions. Illum, belsavis, the blackhole on Corellia

DoctaSpaceman
05.18.2012 , 03:33 PM | #406
Sorry if this question has been asked before - I was wondering if it is possible to reverse engineer an item that is BoP and get a schematic for the same item that is bind on equip? Specifically, I'm sitting at 400 biochem and wondering if I can RE-EN the Rakata adrenals/stims I learn from the trainer and get a schematic that creates the same adrenals that are not BoP.

Shreddi
05.19.2012 , 05:09 AM | #407
When this game first came out you could buy the missions or the overpriced rare crafting material itself. The server now has no players to contribute to economy. If that is going to be the case they better start artificialy adding inventory cause a lot of players are not returning. Consolidate Servers or ghee, duh, then what? Sorry but really frustrated with now a single player game that can't provide the player with the tools game designed players to use.

Sambril
05.19.2012 , 05:27 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctaSpaceman View Post
Sorry if this question has been asked before - I was wondering if it is possible to reverse engineer an item that is BoP and get a schematic for the same item that is bind on equip? Specifically, I'm sitting at 400 biochem and wondering if I can RE-EN the Rakata adrenals/stims I learn from the trainer and get a schematic that creates the same adrenals that are not BoP.
This is not possible.

finelinebob
07.12.2012 , 06:59 AM | #409
Hey Slaign, question for ya!

You've obviously thought a lot about REing ... I don' know if this was asked an answered in the past but even then things have changed with 1.2 and 1.3, so: What are your thoughts on how RE can be improved to improve crafting overall?
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Yrneh
07.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #410
I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to learn artifact quality mods/enhancements/armoring by RE'ing artifact quality items? If not, is it possible to learn artifact quality items without learning the premium by RE'ing prototype items you can buy at the GTN?