Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hunker Down in PvP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hunker Down in PvP...

GrillMeACheese
07.11.2012 , 12:27 AM | #1
I dont want this to get lost in the pvp forum with all the sents/marauders, so I came to the source. I pvp a good bit on my GS and I love having Hunker Down, but I feel like there might be a problem with it.

Here's the deal, it works fine most of the time but occasionally I still find myself affected by Force Choke, and not just the damage I know that should hit me, but also the cc. It doesn't happen all the time but I really think Hunker Down fails sometimes and not just against Force Choke. My questions are these: have any other Gunslingers experienced this? My understanding of the ability is that there is NO WAY to remove the GS from cover for the duration of it, am I wrong? Are "controlling effects" not just anything that would knock you out of cover?

Smuglebunny
07.11.2012 , 10:47 AM | #2
force choke seems not to count as a "controling effect" because you dont move you just have a choke cc animation. I think controling effects means displacement or knockdowns and I dont think force choke fits the category and thats why maybe it goes through hunker down.

Cuz remember it doesnt say immune from being removed from cover, it says immune to "controling effects" or something along those lines. Thats all I can suspect without learning how to program and looking at the code.

LilTsar
07.11.2012 , 10:48 PM | #3
force choke/stasis is definitely supposed to be blocked by hunker down, but it can be a bit flaky at times. last theory i heard was it sometimes bugs out whenused at the same time as defense probe/screen, which is annoying, and also its a bit slow to 'kick in', many time i have just been too slow to press it, even knowing a stun is forthcoming. then of course there's diversion, but most likely its this sneaky little hunker bug.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Helig
07.12.2012 , 12:37 AM | #4
Choke\Stasis *is* blocked by Hunker Down\Entrench. Guardian and Marauder-tested. But of course, I may be such an awful player that my choke gets blocked by a trivial mechanic like that...
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Ruejo
07.12.2012 , 01:29 PM | #5
I have had it happen to me a few times but dont mind it its shock I dislike the most, it be intresting if hunker down made so you could not be stunned but that never happen.
Showing mercy is strength because it takes strength to show mercy

Leader of the DarkSteel Syndicate