Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer, What works?

pswillia
07.11.2012 , 01:40 PM | #1
Hey , im just really at a loss as to what new toon I should make. My main is a lvl 50 jugg tank and i also have a Scrapper scoundrel that I just use for fun burts dps / pvp. Im now kind of wondering what would be the next toon that could give me a fun experience. Im kinda leaning towards creating a Healer but im kinda wondering how everything works with all the healers. Im not the biggest healer fan but It would be nice to have a change of pace when im not on my tank main or pvping with my scoundrel and heres what im looking for:

1 a good pve experience (what has a realy fun class storyline companions etc)
2 what makes for a good pvp healer (never really tried that approach to pvp)
3 what would be a good change of pace from a sith jugg and a scoundrel scrapper?

any feed back would be great

BlameSociety
07.11.2012 , 05:31 PM | #2
I'd suggest you roll an Operative healer.
1. The class story is generally considered the best.
2. Operatives/Scoundrels are the best healers atm. They're also more mobile than the others, which is good for PvP.
3. Operatives are the Scoundrels' mirror, but playing a healer feels quite different from a DPS.
ToFN - QQ
Lenius - Assassin | Lenani - Mercenary | Lennick - Operative | Lenorris - Juggernaut
Lenion - Vanguard | Lendos - Gunslinger | Lensei - Knight | Leninda - Consular

Belly
07.11.2012 , 07:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pswillia View Post
Hey , im just really at a loss as to what new toon I should make. My main is a lvl 50 jugg tank and i also have a Scrapper scoundrel that I just use for fun burts dps / pvp. Im now kind of wondering what would be the next toon that could give me a fun experience. Im kinda leaning towards creating a Healer but im kinda wondering how everything works with all the healers. Im not the biggest healer fan but It would be nice to have a change of pace when im not on my tank main or pvping with my scoundrel and heres what im looking for:

3 what would be a good change of pace from a sith jugg and a scoundrel scrapper?

any feed back would be great
1. Personally I've enjoyed all the storylines, but i'm a but star wars fan, so I may be biased

2. The best thing you can have, though this probably applies to any class, is awareness. if you are the only healer, you'll probably be focused fired. In that case, play defensively, keep yourself alive as best you can, and your buddies SHOULD be trying to help you out. I've managed to get 4 guys to focus me, but using LoS and my really cool commando shield which makes me immune to interrupts, i've been able to survive long enough for my team mates to either kill them, or capture the objective.

If you have multiple healers, it's great, because you can keep each other alive as well as the rest of your team with little trouble.

Basically, PvP is much more chaotic than PvE, keep an eye on your DPS'ers, because they are usually hit the hardest. Guard is truly a lifesaver, don't be afraid to ask a tank to guard you, a 2 man tank/healer team can hold an objective against a much larger force for quite a while, if you two are on the same page

3. Sorc or Sage would be a good change of pace, as would a Vanguard or Powertech.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Rassuro
07.12.2012 , 12:31 AM | #4
If you want to make a new character, I'd recommend Sorc, since you already have a Scoundrel, you could just respec or do dual specs once that feature is available.

One of the fun things about PVP is that no two games are the same, and because of this you need a high level of awareness and an ability to quickly adapt to different changing situations.

For gameplay, I would say the choice of healers at the moment is between Sorc/Sage and Operative/Scoundrel.
The alleged "overpowered Operative healers" are in my opinion not true, and probably comes from that they are very annoying to kill 1v1 because they have decent mobility while healing since they can do decent numbers also between using casted abilities, and looking at how people play at the moment they are the most difficult ones to kill 1v1 at least on my server because of this.
Since you already have a Scoundrel, you could just respec and see if you like it, you want basically the same stats for healing and DPS, and the PVP set bonuses aren't that great anyway.

The reason I see a lot of Sorcs/Sages die is because I see a lot of them stand right in the open and try to facetank DPS, while they should accept that when you are being focused on, trying to get away and break LOS takes priority over trying to put out max HPS. Some great advantages which sorcs have over Operatives are the AOE pushback, force speed, and friendly pull.

Commando/Mercenary on the other hand I feel like are at the moment the weakest healers in the game. I'm not sure how Bioware intended Merc healers to work, it almost feels like they've forgotten about something that they unintentionally left out...

Both the Sorc and Operative class stories where in my opinion very good. Operative in my opinion started better, while Sorc ended better.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Scorpienne
07.12.2012 , 07:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by pswillia View Post
I have something wrong in my brain, and I luuurrrrve playing healers. I have a 42 Trooper/Commando and a 41 Agent/Operative healer. Both are awesome in different ways. Both do well in PvP, but that's partly because of armor on the former and sneakyness on the latter.

If you're used to playing either Warrior or Smuggler, both the Trooper and the Agent have a similar feel to those guys.

I happen to like the Trooper companions better than the Agent companions, but maybe that's just me.

Paige